No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Andy Ruiz "Hit The Lottery" After $700K Buyout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M Bison View Post
    Lol, I bet Bob is seething. Kinda is like winning the lottery, even if he didn't win against AJ he'd have still got that huge ass payday and now he is gonna get god knows what... I've heard AJ is getting £66 million so it will probably be equal to that. Talk about being sorted for life.
    Your durn right he's mad. Even though Ruiz had to overpay to buy his freedom Arum figures he could have skinned him for more.

Comment

Don't forget Garcia

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Everyone seems to leave Arum over money and then make more money.

DLH
      Mayweather
      Cotto
      Pacquiao
      Ruiz

If Crawford and Lomachenko leave TR I bet they would make more money too.
      Mikey had to pay Arum off to get free. Even though their contract had expired. Go figure that eh?

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        so you are angry because he speaks highly of the guy who pays him? do you go to work and openly talk down on your boss? would that be smart?
        How does al haymon pay him? advisors/promoters/managers work for the boxers...ruiz pays al haymon.
        the $7m and $12.5m is from 2 AJ fights, not Al haymon. you think ruiz would get that with al haymon boxing pbc guys only?

Why is he thanking al haymon for it?
        remember al haymon didnt pick up the phone and call Eddie. andy got on insta and dm'd eddie hearn, who responded positively. I mean that says a lot about Eddie to not be bothered about working with boxers from pbc.

Eric molina is on saturdays card. Molina is an al haymon fighter. Eddie is thinking 'he's mexican, so it's good for the card' rather than '**** that guy, he's with al haymon.
        Meanwhile pbc/al haymon have shown nothing but contempt for eddie hearn and you see their fighters constantly taking digs at eddie or aj.

Ruiz spent months referring to Eddie Hearn as a liar and implying the UK is corrupt after the fight. I mean literally his first line on twitter would be
        'DEY LIARZ'...
        He even dismissed the Saudi fight immediately after it was announced.

Now keep in mind, saudis have billions. Al haymon's hands were tied with the saudi move.
        Had eddie tried doing this fight in the UK..al haymon would block it.
        Why does lennox go out of his way to then insist it should have been in the UK? after previously saying it should be in mexico/vegas?
        these pbc/al haymon people are clowns..who should be blacklisted by every other promoter.
        bob arum is right about al haymon.

To me, gratitude matters. I'm not at all suggestion he should kiss eddie's ass, but at least have some basic courtesy, respect and gratitude that there are guys like eddie still around.
        I think the only other big promoter who offers other fighters voluntary fights with his top guy(s) is Oscar de la hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boston Hera View Post
          Ruiz got his shot and made it happen. Arum skiffed and stiffed Ruiz. He disrespected him. Called him a 'ham & egger' fighter, that's a 'nobody' in layman's terms. Arum who never promoted him nor spent a dime on him, made him pay 700 grand to get out a contract of slavery
          And you are upset at RUIZ. Really?
          i'm judging ruiz for having zero class and courtesy to eddie hearn who responded to andy's dm's where he'd begged for a chance.
          After the fight, he repeatedly dissed eddie and aj on social media/videos, eg 'they liars' 'issasetup' etc..all while repeatedly praising AL HAYMON.
          for example Ruiz recently said 'i owe it all to al haymon, if it wasnt for the dimitrenko fight i wouldnt have been blessed' or something like that.

when eddie accepted ruiz as aj's opponent, he did so on the merit of ruiz's performance vs PARKER.

see it's like this
          if i was ruiz...i wouldnt be kissing eddie's ass, but i would be like
          'man, respect that guy, he knew i was with al haymon, who is trying his absolutely best to destroy eddie..and he still gave me a voluntary shot..so full respect to him'.
          furthermore i wouldn't be saying
          'al haymon changed my life, i owe all of this to him'
          i would be like
          'i had to beg eddie hearn on social media for that shot, al haymon didnt really do anything'.

can you imagine it?
          ruiz: al, ive asked eddie to fight aj and eddie has accepted, what do you think?
          al haymon:.....i approve.

a month later
          ruiz: al, you really changed my life. i owe it all to you. you did it all. if it wasnt for you, i would never have boxed aj.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
            How does al haymon pay him? advisors/promoters/managers work for the boxers...ruiz pays al haymon.
            the $7m and $12.5m is from 2 AJ fights, not Al haymon. you think ruiz would get that with al haymon boxing pbc guys only?

Why is he thanking al haymon for it?
            remember al haymon didnt pick up the phone and call Eddie. andy got on insta and dm'd eddie hearn, who responded positively. I mean that says a lot about Eddie to not be bothered about working with boxers from pbc.

Eric molina is on saturdays card. Molina is an al haymon fighter. Eddie is thinking 'he's mexican, so it's good for the card' rather than '**** that guy, he's with al haymon.
            Meanwhile pbc/al haymon have shown nothing but contempt for eddie hearn and you see their fighters constantly taking digs at eddie or aj.

Ruiz spent months referring to Eddie Hearn as a liar and implying the UK is corrupt after the fight. I mean literally his first line on twitter would be
            'DEY LIARZ'...
            He even dismissed the Saudi fight immediately after it was announced.

Now keep in mind, saudis have billions. Al haymon's hands were tied with the saudi move.
            Had eddie tried doing this fight in the UK..al haymon would block it.
            Why does lennox go out of his way to then insist it should have been in the UK? after previously saying it should be in mexico/vegas?
            these pbc/al haymon people are clowns..who should be blacklisted by every other promoter.
            bob arum is right about al haymon.

To me, gratitude matters. I'm not at all suggestion he should kiss eddie's ass, but at least have some basic courtesy, respect and gratitude that there are guys like eddie still around.
            I think the only other big promoter who offers other fighters voluntary fights with his top guy(s) is Oscar de la hoya.
            brother are you really this seriously bothered by ruiz thanking haymon instead of hearn that you typed all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              brother are you really this seriously bothered by ruiz thanking haymon instead of hearn that you typed all of this?
              what i typed could be said within a few mins..so it isnt a big thing 'typing' it.

im watching the press conference right now, a few mins ago ruiz's dad was on the mic..and what does he do?
              he thanks the pbc. wtf?
              would andy have made $1m vs wilder?

Example amir khan was boxing crawford, getting paid $5m he was unworthy of because al haymon blocked crawford. Not once did amir khan say 'i want to thank eddie hearn/matchroom'. it was a 100% top rank card and the praise was rightly going to bob arum/espn.

it's only the pbc that has this weird **** linked to it.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQf3TS7ZdVk
                andy ruiz's dad gets introduced by eddie, he responds "tank u to da pbc"
                tf? lol
                weird people.

Comment

Working...
                X