No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Crawford - Coming April 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
    Crawford and Arum offered Danny Garcia the PPV fight this past April.

At THAT TIME Danny was whining about wanting rematches with Porter and Thurman, but both weren't interested.

At THAT time Terrence was #1 PFP.

Terrence and Arum offered Danny Garcia $4 million + PPV for the April 20 Madison Square Garden fight. And that wouldve been a CAREER HIGH PAYDAY for Danny.

Taking that fight and winning gives him:

- career high payday
    - leverage in Thurman/Porter rematch negotiations

Danny Garcia passed up on the fight and fought Adrian Garnados for $1M flat on regular cable. And no fan or other fighter consider him worthy of a Thurman or Porter rematch for beating marginally regarded JWW Granados at WW....
    Danny would have gotten alot more than what Keith had gotten against Pacquiao had he chosen to take that offer to fight Crawford. Heck, that offer might even be bigger than what might get against Pacquiao (Ironically). But yeah, he don’t want that work. Danny is in for only low risk opponents even low reward doesn’t matter

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      The problem is none of them will fight him.

Spence wont fight Crawford.

Porter wont fight Crawford.

Thurman wont fight Crawford.

Danny wont fight Crawford.

Terrence cant hold a gun to peoples head and make them fight. Really a shame a guy with his much talent is being boxed out, but the BIGGER SHAME are fans. Fans who defend PBC guys for ducking Terrence Crawford. Blows my mind.
      You’re an idiot. Crawford resigned with Top Rank knowing that every other relevant welter was with PBC. Now dummys like you wanna bytch because they won’t fight him. Moronic

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
        Danny would have gotten alot more than what Keith had gotten against Pacquiao had he chosen to take that offer to fight Crawford. Heck, that offer might even be bigger than what might get against Pacquiao (Ironically). But yeah, he don’t want that work. Danny is in for only low risk opponents even low reward doesn’t matter
        You’re saying D Garcia would have made more $ to fight Crawford than Thurman made fighting PAC? That might fit your agenda but simply not true.

Comment

Bob hasn't been promoting TC fight, I wonder if Bud is jumping ship, cause no promo at all for a top p4p fighter thats entertaining and decent character

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            You’re saying D Garcia would have made more $ to fight Crawford than Thurman made fighting PAC? That might fit your agenda but simply not true.
            Oh yeah, I forgot about PPV shares. I was looking up the plain guarantee pays. But what if a Crawford-Garcia sells? It’s not perceived as a mismatch anyway like a Crawford-Khan was. And Danny also has a name

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
              Oh yeah, I forgot about PPV shares. I was looking up the plain guarantee pays. But what if a Crawford-Garcia sells? It’s not perceived as a mismatch anyway like a Crawford-Khan was. And Danny also has a name
              But Crawford/Garcia won’t even come close to the numbers that a proven PPV star (Pac) vs an undefeated champion (Thurman at the time) did.

Comment

But Crawford/Garcia won’t even come close to the numbers that a proven PPV star (Pac) vs an undefeated champion (Thurman at the time) did.
                Either way, that would have still been Garcia’s biggest payday up to date. That offer was good and I don’t see any reason Garcia wouldn't take that offer unless he knows what’s up in taking on Crawford

Comment

You’re an idiot. Crawford resigned with Top Rank knowing that every other relevant welter was with PBC. Now dummys like you wanna bytch because they won’t fight him. Moronic
                  Top Rank and Crawford fought Amir Khan who is NOT Top Rank fighter. Top Rank offered Danny Garcia a career high payday and leverage for any fight he might've wanted afterward.

So Crawford and Top Rank are willing to fight outside Top Rank and do joint fights, but PBC continues to only do in-house fights. That's fine so long as the fights are good, but none of their fights have been better than facing Crawford who is #1 PFP.

The real problem is people like you who are so biased you have to make things up to deflect responsibility.

PBC is bad for boxing. Boxing has 6 champions per weight class now which doesnt mean anything because you cant have 6 "best" fighters at any weight. Similarly it's irrelevant if every company only fights in-house (Fox/PBC, TR/ESPN, DAZN/Matchroom, and Showtime who typically only hosts PBC but hasn't had a meaningful fight on their network in all of 2019)

This is the worst I've seen the sport in my lifetime. Still some great fighters, but the politics of it all is watering down contests and champions

Comment

Working...
                  X