No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ruiz-Joshua Rematch - Diriyah Arena Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    Bruh that metal beam looks crooked as fuck.

This whole thing gonna collapse when Andy scores the first knockdown.

Do you mean the wooden supporting columns? They don't actually reach the ground once the structure is complete, they're just temporary during the build phase.

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
    The funny thing is, if that same exact arena was built the same exact way with the same materials in the US. No way would it pass inspection. No state in the US would allow it to be occupied. It don’t look safe one bit.
    These pop up stadiums are quite common and the Saudi's pay the very top dollar / pound / euro, for the very best structural engineers and construction managers. This arena is a bit of a red herring because we've had total progress pictures, you're probably seeing something like this for the first time and shocked to see how much it looks like basic scaffolding. Well most arenas look like this during a build phase, you've just never seen the progress of it. Most permanent stadiums are build with brick, as obviously they are intended to last for decades, not 5 years or whatever the design life is.

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    Now I'm sure Ruiz will win!... Cause Joshua will not stand the heat... of the outdoor stadium!
    The temperature will be cool, almost cold. It will suit Joshua more than it will Ruiz.

I'm actually travelling over for the fight and i'm very excited!! I would have preferred it in Dubai but apparently Saudi is moving in a very similar direction to Dubai...lot's of expats (like myself) and lots of very well paid jobs there, I'm tempted

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
      Do you mean the wooden supporting columns? They don't actually reach the ground once the structure is complete, they're just temporary during the build phase.

These pop up stadiums are quite common and the Saudi's pay the very top dollar / pound / euro, for the very best structural engineers and construction managers. This arena is a bit of a red herring because we've had total progress pictures, you're probably seeing something like this for the first time and shocked to see how much it looks like basic scaffolding. Well most arenas look like this during a build phase, you've just never seen the progress of it. Most permanent stadiums are build with brick, as obviously they are intended to last for decades, not 5 years or whatever the design life is.

The temperature will be cool, almost cold. It will suit Joshua more than it will Ruiz.

I'm actually travelling over for the fight and i'm very excited!! I would have preferred it in Dubai but apparently Saudi is moving in a very similar direction to Dubai...lot's of expats (like myself) and lots of very well paid jobs there, I'm tempted
      "..apparently Saudi is moving in a very similar direction to Dubai". Yes, but just apparently. You'll see when you get there.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by I.R.I.E View Post
        Just a random question. why the Middle East for this fight? I don’t think I quite understand why..
        Dubai has been trying to host a major boxing event for along time, they tried to secure mayweather pacquaio, and many other fights but never happened. thats 1 reason

2nd andy ruiz did not want to go to the UK for the rematch as he felt he was not going to get fair treatment, and ruiz was also suspicious that they wanted to rematch in UK so joshua can use steroids after 2 other UK fighters tested positive. So ruiz felt it was a set up. (not saying or indicating joshua is on steroids but that was the speculation)

and i think eddie hern did not detail the rematch clause that the fight had to be in the UK so andy stood his ground and was demanding fight in the USA and joshua demanding it in the UK and they finally agreed to a neutral territory.

and since dubai has been putting in hight ticket purse bids for a while now, and finally 1 got accepted!!

Comment

Working...
        X