Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy releases Andrew Cancio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's too bad. Apparently he's been fighting in that venue since an amateur. Can't blame him for wanting to grow. I guess you can talk **** about GB if you're Garcia but if you're an older lesser valuable fighter you can't even make a constructive criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      He made 75k against Machado. 125k in the rematch. Alvarado purse isn't published anywhere but I bet it was another 100k-150k.

After taxes and paying everyone, he's probably put 150k or so in the bank during this title run. Not at lot.
      He made a career high $200k against Alvarado.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Promoters have too much power in this sport. The fighters should have more.
        WTF are you even talking about? Nobody is holding Cancio. He didn't like it with GB, so now he's FREE. He can continue his boxing career WITHOUT a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Hopefully someone signs him.
          Hes a great candidate for PBC to use against their rising stars.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
            WTF are you even talking about? Nobody is holding Cancio. He didn't like it with GB, so now he's FREE. He can continue his boxing career WITHOUT a promoter.
            And how easy do you think that's going to be?

He won't be able to fight for decent money unless he signs with one of the douchebag promoters that grant access to DAZN, ESPN, FOX, or Showtime.

Comment

He does not use kitchen utensils, so Oscar let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                He made 75k against Machado. 125k in the rematch. Alvarado purse isn't published anywhere but I bet it was another 100k-150k.

After taxes and paying everyone, he's probably put 150k or so in the bank during this title run. Not at lot.
                yeah 150K is nothing life changing really but can be a great down payment for a house.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                He still works a full time job with the local gas company
                and is very smart giving he still needs a job to make a living and he has kids so he needs benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR WILDER!. View Post
                  yeah 150K is nothing life changing really but can be a great down payment for a house.

and is very smart giving he still needs a job to make a living and he has kids so he needs benefits.
                  He said his goal was to make a million dollars after taxes/fees so he could buy a nice house in Ventura with cash, and then keep working his current job until he retires.

He's about a quarter of the way there now. Hopefully he gets the call to fight Davis, Santa Cruz, or the Farmer-Diaz winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    TR probably have the better options at 130 though.

He’d be better going back down to 126 if he signed with PBC.

I just hope he gets a few more good paydays, he’s the type of fighter who deserves them.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      I don't see anyone risking their young guys against him, he's a little to dangerous to be considered a stepping stone, I do hope he gets some calls cause he does have more to give

Comment

Working...
                      X