Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Is The PPV Tracking Estimate For Wilder/Ortiz 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive said this a hundred times. When the PBC have numbers to be proud of they release them. When they have numbers that they are ashamed of they dont. Its been a week now and we all know how this game is played so im taking it all those internet rumours were true. It BOMBED BIG TIME. Both in tickets and on PPV.

It is what it is. I dont care if Wilder hit 500k or 2500 PPV sales. Im only in it for the fighting. But seeing as Wilder and his team and his fans have built his whole duck of Anthony Joshua on the back of Wilders demand for 50-50 and thats a fight that we want and we aint getting thanks to Wilder and his crazy demands ofcourse im going to take interest in it. And when you take interest in it and read up on stuff it becomes very clear that Wilder is hiding behind some seriously deluded demands based on out right lies and none of the numbers are stacking up. Hence everybody knows Wilder has been ducking AJ.

In short this rematch BOMBED big time just like how everybody predicted it would. Actually it sounds like it bombed much worse than people predicted it would.

Comment

It shouldn’t be too good. Honestly who’s gonna pay all that in this age of the subscription apps?

You got DAZN for $100/year, or roughly $8.33/month. ESPN+ bundled with Disney+ and if you have Hulu+ like I do you still get a $5.99 credit towards the $11.99 Hulu+ price.

Got boxing on DAZN and ESPN+ with no strings attached. No, if you have DAZN you still have to pay for some separate PPV because it’s a premium fight with big names involved. Or a separate PPV to watch Lomachenko or Crawford cause they’re big names.

Sorry, I didn’t buy this PPV and I won’t be buying anymore PPV’s. I watched the fight on youtube. Haymon needs to get PBC on an app and stop with the PPV crap.

Comment

Wilder flopped, it's 100% sure now.

Comment

Like I've been telling you people. The internet is an example where millions of people are online, probably even a billion. You sell a product for $1 a piece, only about less than 20 people would buy it. Everyone wants freebies.

1,000 is a huge, huge number. That's why I don't even believe these silly 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, etc. figures even during the May/Pac era. Schaefer knew this, Espinoza knew this, Haymon knew this. HBO knew this.

So all these figures that are coming out in hundreds of thousands are all fantasies. They're designed to mislead people.
          Last edited by maguirre; 12-01-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Well this was his second fight since turning down 100m from DAZN, he has to hope Fury doesn’t duck him again. Even if that fight sells a million buys, he wouldn’t have made 100m from three fights.

He has to be the dumbest boxer in history. If I was him, I would fire all the members of my team after the Fury fight, organise a meeting with the head of DAZN or ESPN and see what I can get at age 35/36 as a free agent.

This is why I would always respect Mayweather, with the little education that he has, he learn along the way, from when he was with James Prince to Arum to Haymon to doing things by himself.

He made sure his last 6 fights was for a mega deal. His only loyalty was to money. Not to any network or any promoter.

How Wilder and Ortiz were brainwashed to duck Joshua is something I would never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
              its monday man....Imma say this, ya''l are trying anything to trash this fight..what is ya'lls issue with Wilder?
              I see you're always objective about the competition. You even defend DAZN fights... I think..

But as you can see, look at the LDBC agendas whom are at the forefront of hating on anything other than PBC. Don't ask naïve questions. It comes with the territory.

Comment

High time for fans to be skeptical of any number that comes out ranging from 50K - 100K.

$100 Canadian for only one fight is hard to shell out for most people nowadays. It's almost the price of a refurbished laptop that you can use for many years.

Comment

Its obvious the numbers didnt do good.
                  No one will over pay wilder is his next fight. Everybody knows he can't draw shyyte, he was never a ppv fighter thou.

Comment

With the fight purses being 20m for Wilder and 7m for Ortiz, they would need around 700k buys just to cover those alone. That doesn't cover the undercard fighter's purses.

That's before sponsor's, gate and international rights. As a ballpark figure we'll go with that all being 5m. That would still mean the PPV buys would need to be around 580k with the PPV provider getting their cut.

Comment

Who gives a shlt lol I won't be getting any of that PPV money, **** do I care how many buys it does. i'm not a promoter.

Knowing all these ret4rded aj dlckriders will be getting their shlt pushed in will be enough for me.

Nothing in boxing is a sure thing but this is ruiz's fight to win. If he loses, we'll be stuck with these h0mo aj nutsack worshippers for a little while longer but I'm pretty sure Andy ruiz will pull it off. His style gives Aj a lot of problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X