Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: My Head Was Clear, Count Was Quicker Than I Thought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: My Head Was Clear, Count Was Quicker Than I Thought

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder delivered a seventh-round knockout to stop Cuba's Luis Ortiz in their anticipated rematch. Ortiz, who was clearly ahead on the judges' scorecards, when Wilder (42-0-1) stunned his opponent with a powerful right hand at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Wilder and Cuban opponent Ortiz initially met in March 2018, when the American stopped the 40-year-old in the 10th round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The way his eyes rolled back when he hit the canvas, he was living his after life for a brief moment.

Comment

The referee showed him mercy. Let’s see him and Dillion Whyte.

Comment

It seemed like a very fast count.

Bayless couldn't wait to get in there and wave it off.

If you look at Wilder's corner they did not cheer the knockdown, they were screaming to the ref to call it off, then cheered when he did.

Ortiz got up in time, Bayless didn't even look into his eyes before waving it off.

Comment

Well ortiz isn't the only person questioning the refs quickness to get to 10. If that had been in the UK the American would be screaming British stoppage.

Comment

What else would you expect from this clown Bayless? Didn't you see how he behaved in the Maidana/Floyd fight? Man it's as if he's TBE's long lost uncle who is ready to protect him at the hint of danger.

Comment

Again I think the fight was stopped prematurely. Ortiz was winning 6 rounds to zero. Had not taken any punishment.
              Similar to why fury was allowed to continue. Fury was winning and hadn't taken.much punishment

Comment

count from the time he went down, it was 10 seconds as his gloves were still on the canvas

Comment

he was actually down longer then 10 seconds

Comment

His gloves were still on the canvas at 10

Also, he was still stumbling when he got up, so his head wasn’t clear

Comment

Working...
                    X