Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else wonder who'd win if they ever rematched? Lewis vs Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    Lennox Lewis was old and fat and shot. Vitali Klitschko was at his absolute peak, and totally underrated. A fat, old Lewis smashed a prime Vitali's face to ribbons. Deal with it. A prime Lewis would have got the KO.
    Lol Can’t entirely disagree with this. Lennox was about to turn 38, and at the end of his career. Vitali is six years younger, so he was at his physical peak. I can only see Klitschko doing worse versus a prime Lewis. Even in a rematch, it’s anybody’s guess who might’ve won. People are so sure Vitali would’ve avenged the loss. It’s difficult enough to predict a winner, let alone one in such an evenly matched fight. And let’s not forget that Lennox avenged his only two losses. He tended to learn from prior experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BOMB SQUAD View Post

It was so good, wish they rematched

Vitali would win the rematch.

Lewis was already moving past his prime the first time they fought, more so the next if they did. And mentally he didn’t want another war anymore...
      while vitali was still very very hungry for his revenge... he was begging for it to happen again. He even talked to lewis’ mom for it.

Mentally and physically, it’s all heading to a vitali win imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BOMB SQUAD View Post

It was so good, wish they rematched
        - -Lewieboy won a lucky break, the Ks won the war when they forced him into permanent retirement days before he was due to be stripped by WBC.

Did you know Lewie never defended his "partial" unified title once? He sold WBA/IBF to DKing!

Yeah!!!

Comment

There was no rematch because Lewis won the fight fair and square. Just look at Vitali's face. That's a pretty convincing win. He had nothing else to prove

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            I'm talking about Vitali. Sanders rocked him in the 1st round but being that Sanders was a retired golfer and badly out of shape he punched himself out right away.

Vitali didn't really fight any quality power punchers, ever. The best hard hitters he fought were Chisora and Lewis and Lewis had him hanging on for dear life. I'm not even sold on Lewis' power either, not convinced he hits all that hard with the bombs I seen opponents take.
            How are you not convinced of Lewis' power when he dropped Rahman like a sack of cement????

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Lol Can’t entirely disagree with this. Lennox was about to turn 38, and at the end of his career. Vitali is six years younger, so he was at his physical peak. I can only see Klitschko doing worse versus a prime Lewis. Even in a rematch, it’s anybody’s guess who might’ve won. People are so sure Vitali would’ve avenged the loss. It’s difficult enough to predict a winner, let alone one in such an evenly matched fight. And let’s not forget that Lennox avenged his only two losses. He tended to learn from prior experience.
              Rematch would have ended with Vitali having his eye cut open again. Lennox would have been targeting it all night and do to Vitali's stubborness to stand and trade instead of protecting that eye, would have yet again been his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                Rematch would have ended with Vitali having his eye cut open again. Lennox would have been targeting it all night and do to Vitali's stubborness to stand and trade instead of protecting that eye, would have yet again been his downfall.
                Maybe. A possible scenario. Then again, Vitali might’ve landed a big shot and ended it early. You simply can’t make predictions like this with certainty. We all make predictions we feel pretty confident about, but I think these two were evenly matched enough that you simply can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

How are you not convinced of Lewis' power when he dropped Rahman like a sack of cement????
                  I don't think Rahman was that good, Maskaev had already knocked him out of the ring (literally)

Lewis had power sure but I just seen too many guys eat flush bombs right on the chin, when I see Wilder, AJ, Wlad etc. Hit guys with those punches they go down. Lewis' power reminds me of Joe Joyce's, you can see there's power there but it doesn't have the effect of a Wilder

Comment

Klitschko would have won which is why Lewis retired instead of fighting him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      I'm talking about Vitali. Sanders rocked him in the 1st round but being that Sanders was a retired golfer and badly out of shape he punched himself out right away.

Vitali didn't really fight any quality power punchers, ever.
                      - -Sanders was a very rare multi sport athlete as in a track sprinter, pro golfer, pro rugby player.

Must not understand S African fighters largely banned from international comp back then.

Brian Mitchell held a belt, so at least he could defend as long as it was in his opponent backyard.

You were once a baby, now retired, right?

Yeah!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X