No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    I clearly mentioned Canelo as a highlight on ggg resume.

And resume means you beat guys who beat other guys.

Lemiuex has no signature wins. He was knocked out by alcine and Rubio before ggg knocked him out. What's impressive about that?

And Murray has no signature wins. So what's impressive about ggg beating him?

Khan is a bigger name than brook regardless of how trash Khan has been over the last 7 yrs.

Khan is a fraud but his resume is better than kell
    Alcine didn't KO him...why lie/embellish...just makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about, and just parroting talking points that you want to be true.

Who does Lucas Matthyse for example really have on his resume to be touted as a great win...Lemieux has Rosado Stevens and Ndam...Lucas doesn't have much better than that if we are keeping it real.

And many feel Murray beat Martinez when they fought...anyway hey man if you really want to hype up the resumes of DSG and Porter over GGG's...I mean those guys are really good fighters and I respect them...but yeah don't see how in any way they come close to having as good of a resume as GGG...not at this point, but they still have some years left.

And if we're just going by wins over names...GGG has Vanes on his resume, who tied Lara...he has Brook who beat Porter better than anyone...etc...yeah just don't really follow the logic there my friend.

Comment

Obviously pacquiao

Canelo beat undefeated trout, 1 loss Lara when the whole world was ducking Lara. Canelo promoter didn't even want him fighting Lara, and he beat GGG. Also Khan who is a better name than brook whom Golovkin beat. So Canelo is clearly ahead of the.

Danny Garcia beat Khan at his peak, matthysse at his peak. Lost razor thin fights against Thurman and porter

Lomachencko beat a undefeated russell jr, p4p rigo, Walters, Linares. I rank his resume better than gennady.

Porter has fought everybody at 147. Thurman, spence, Danny, brook, Broner, berto. He is 3-3 in those fights but the ones he lost were by 1 round. GGG resume don't got those kind of names

Vanes, adama, Macklin, lemiuex, monroe, osado proska, geale, Rubio, rolls. None of those names matter. Canelo, Jacobs, brook, Derevychencko those are the only names that matter on Golovkin resume.

I said all that to say, GGG resume is average at best. And the last 3 years made it average. Before that it was pretty bad
      I clearly mentioned Canelo as a highlight on ggg resume.

And resume means you beat guys who beat other guys.

Lemiuex has no signature wins. He was knocked out by alcine and Rubio before ggg knocked him out. What's impressive about that?

And Murray has no signature wins. So what's impressive about ggg beating him?

Khan is a bigger name than brook regardless of how trash Khan has been over the last 7 yrs.

Khan is a fraud but his resume is better than kell
      Again how can you hype up Danny and Porter, for example, and give them credit for close losses, but slight GGG for having an official draw and close loss to Canelo.

You hype up Porter going 3-3 vs Spence, Garcia, Brook, Berto, Broner and Thurman.

But apparently feel GGG's list of going officially 5-1-1 vs Canelo, Canelo, SD, Jacobs, Brook, Lemieux and Murray, to name 7, is not close to that...just makes 0 sense man.

Comment

I agree, but I'm talking about Khan career as a whole has better names than brook. But I agree on Khan resume being trash post 140
        Str8 trash lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          Again how can you hype up Danny and Porter, for example, and give them credit for close losses, but slight GGG for having an official draw and close loss to Canelo.

You hype up Porter going 3-3 vs Spence, Garcia, Brook, Berto, Broner and Thurman.

But apparently feel GGG's list of going officially 5-1-1 vs Canelo, Canelo, SD, Jacobs, Brook, Lemieux and Murray, to name 7, is not close to that...just makes 0 sense man.
          Brooks is a welterweight and LeMew and Murray are garbage. So that's 2-1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            Well personally when I am talking resume I am looking at what guys did, in my eyes, vs their opponents...obviously there is some subjectivity coming into play there...based on my opinion of the opponent at that time, my opinion of how the one guy did in the fight, etc.

But even if you are just giving credit for official wins...I think you obviously still have to factor in a lot of stuff too...such as what version of that guy did you beat etc...I have never really followed Pac's career too closely...but I would assume he has the most quality wins of any active fighter, and also the most high quality wins of any active fighter.

Obviously in his last few years he is not piling up a lot of great wins, but he probably stockpiled a lot of those early on...Margarito Cotto etc.
            My gripe with GGG is he could have been everything his fans thinks or thought he was. Yes, dude has talent (or at least a vicious jab) and a willingness to slug it out (he should avoid going into Mexi mode).

Yes, sometimes ranking a resume can be subjective -
            Was a guy coming back from an injury/layoff ?
            Was the guy moving up/down ?
            Was the guy in multiple ring wars prior to this fight ?

Sometimes not -
            Was the guy post prime/shot ?
            Was the guy a bum ?

Do you think Nelo and GGG should fight again, and if yes, will Nelo get any credit if he wins ?

Comment

Considering his resume is a razor tight decision vs. Jacobs, I can name about 50.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                Brooks is a welterweight and LeMew and Murray are garbage. So that's 2-1-1
                Lol OK in that case everyone on Porter's resume besides Spence and Brook and maybe Thurman are garbage...hell Porter himself would be garbage by your own definition lol.

Which fighters do you think have good wins/resumes? I would like to hear those

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Considering his resume is a razor tight decision vs. Jacobs, I can name about 50.
                  Yeah we are going with official resume here... if we were going with subjective resume people would be all over the place...and tbh most neutral people would have GGG way better than it is now since he was probably the better man vs Nelo over the course of those 2 fights.

And if that's all you have for GGG now...you must honestly not know hardly anything about boxing man...idk if you are newish to the sport but maybe study up a bit before posting lol...send me a PM if you have any questions.

Brilliant insights there though...I like your tagline...it suits you

Comment

Thread starter has to be trolling us all, nobody can be so delusional and stupid as to actually believe the nonsense about Lemieux etc he types. Even hardcore Golovkin fans are saying this guy is delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      My gripe with GGG is he could have been everything his fans thinks or thought he was. Yes, dude has talent (or at least a vicious jab) and a willingness to slug it out (he should avoid going into Mexi mode).

Yes, sometimes ranking a resume can be subjective -
                      Was a guy coming back from an injury/layoff ?
                      Was the guy moving up/down ?
                      Was the guy in multiple ring wars prior to this fight ?

Sometimes not -
                      Was the guy post prime/shot ?
                      Was the guy a bum ?

Do you think Nelo and GGG should fight again, and if yes, will Nelo get any credit if he wins ?
                      Honestly man I think all that stuff can be subjective...like the bum question...some seem to call everyone bums...except when similar guys fight guys they like lol.

I would like to see it, if GGG really wants it...he is aging and I think if he wants it, yeah he should get a rematch...not necessarily on his terms but yeah if he wants it he should get a shot to earn the belts back.

Depending on the manner of victory Canelo will get some credit for it I think...of course we both know that if GGG loses/looks bad, then a lot of people will say "GGG got old" etc...but yeah it will be a nice feather in the cap for Canelo if he can end the rivalry definitively (or somewhat definitively) in his favor.

So yeah I don't think he would get as much credit as he should if he were to win clean or even KO GGG...but then again, as great as Canelo is, and this goes for any fighter - if a guy doesn't want to give them any credit for a win, well he won't.

I saw it with Wilder when he KOed Ortiz...that fight showed me he was the real deal...others immediately said that Ortiz was old and a bum...just the way it is unfortunately...guys would rather call someone a bum rather than give a guy they don't like respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X