No announcement yet.

Anyone misses Bert Sugar (RIP)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jalen Rose View Post
    Yes for sure...he was actually one of the few color commentators in any sport that I liked.
    Yeah he always showed so much love/passion for the sport when he spoke. My favourite boxing commentator/pundit by a mile.

Changing lanes a bit here but just based on your user name, did you see Jalen Rose say he wants to see Canelo face Loma or Bud next. That really cracked me up😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      You do the math and Bert Sugar was a fraud. He was approximately 6-7 years old when Robinson was fighting his first 3 or so fights with Lamotta.

He wasnt fuking there. He wasnt even aware of what the fuk was happening in the world. He was a 6 year old child.
      Don't take any history course earlier than the 70's then because most likely your professor wasn't there to attend it live.

Jerry Izenberg is one of the few men left of a similar age range as Sugar who still writes and he has similar stories.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        You do the math and Bert Sugar was a fraud. He was approximately 6-7 years old when Robinson was fighting his first 3 or so fights with Lamotta.

He wasnt fuking there. He wasnt even aware of what the fuk was happening in the world. He was a 6 year old child.
        Nobody said he was at all these fights.

Why does it always have to be "that guy"

We discussing boxing guys who passed away and here u come being negative talking shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Yeah he always showed so much love/passion for the sport when he spoke. My favourite boxing commentator/pundit by a mile.

Changing lanes a bit here but just based on your user name, did you see Jalen Rose say he wants to see Canelo face Loma or Bud next. That really cracked me up😂😂
          Lol yeah...I was cracking up...I changed my name yesterday to make a thread saying that Wilder should fight Lomachenko lol

Comment

Isn't he Manny Pacquiao dck rider

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              I used to love the stories he used to tell about all the old fighters and old fights. Especially Ray Robinson.

Its hard for me to think about the Top ATGs withought thinking of him and his perspective of all the older fighters vs the current fighters (before he passed)

When i first got into boxing i felt like Bert was Boxing..... Him and that cigar....talking about all the fighters and moments that shaped the sport.

Any other boxing personalities or trainers yall miss hearing?
              Manny Stewart. I miss him as an analyst. He has teriffic insight as to what was happening in the ring. I remember him announcing at the Ward Gatti fight and bring in awe of what he was seeing.
              Howard Cosell was always entertaining. From the George Foreman Ron Lyle fight where bodies were hitting the canvas almost every round. What an incredible fight!!! Utterly without boxing skills.
              Bob Sheridan I enjoyed listening to.
              Larry Merchant was good although sometimes he reminded me of a grumpy old man.

Comment

I don't want to disrespect you, but Bert Sugar was from a caveman era. He wouldn't know anything about the fighters of today. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
                  I don't want to disrespect you, but Bert Sugar was from a caveman era. He wouldn't know anything about the fighters of today. Just my 2 cents.
                  How about u contribute to the actual topic instead?

Are there any boxing personalities or trainers u miss thats no longer with us?

Btw. Bert died in 2012 and was a big fan of Pacquaio smh

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                    Don't take any history course earlier than the 70's then because most likely your professor wasn't there to attend it live.

Jerry Izenberg is one of the few men left of a similar age range as Sugar who still writes and he has similar stories.
                    My history teachers never showed up to class dressed up like a pharaoh and fronting like they watched the pyramids being built.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMedicin3 View Post
                      Isn't he Manny Pacquiao dck rider
                      He respected and admired one of the ATG, what's your point ?

Comment

Working...
                      X