Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inoue KO'd Donaire, really (long count)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inoue KO'd Donaire, really (long count)

In the ninth, one can easily time the count for the knockdown; it was 12 sec long at least.

The fix was in to let Donaire finish the fight.

The ref even pushed back Inoue when he tried to go after hurt Donaire.

inoue was predicted to KO cold donaire before 3rd round by everyone. inoue got cut bloodied and almost stopped himself. he is badly overhyped. rigondeaux deserves far more respect for completely outclassing prime donaire and lomachenko deserves #1 p4p for embarrassing prime rigondeaux. FACTS.

Comment

But it goes by the refs count, not a clock

That said, I actually thought that ref had already reached 10 on his count when Donaire was down. I’d have to see it again but I thought it at the time. The ref didn’t do a great job in that part. Firstly he got in the way of the fighters before Donaire even took a knee and then his count seemed strange.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        But it goes by the refs count, not a clock

That said, I actually thought that ref had already reached 10 on his count when Donaire was down. I’d have to see it again but I thought it at the time. The ref didn’t do a great job in that part. Firstly he got in the way of the fighters before Donaire even took a knee and then his count seemed strange.
        Seemed odd. It def seemed for a split sec like Nonito didnt beat it and the ref thought about calling it off but then gave Nonito his respect and let it go. Nonito def took some damage following that but he deserved that benefit of the doubt. Even at this age, Donaire’s desire to push through and try to win was incredible and you could still see that while hurt and down he wasnt out and was looking for his bail out punch and found it with a monster left hook. Stopped Inoue dead in his tracks and how Inoue didnt go down was amazing in it’s own right.

Great call
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-07-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I thought it was odd that the ref stepped in and didn't allow Inoue to go after him when Donaire was running and still standing.

But "long count" is a ****** argument. It's a discretionary 10, not 10 seconds.

Comment

The count started when he touched the canvas. The ref jumped prematurely when Nonito turned away.

So the count wasn't long.

The count started when he went to the corner and knelt down. He got up at 9.

Comment

Working...
            X