Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demise of Kovalev Makes Canelo vs. Ward a 175 Necessity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demise of Kovalev Makes Canelo vs. Ward a 175 Necessity

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's been exactly 775 days but who's counting. Following a pristine run in which he fought 32 times against 31 men and never left a ring without a raised hand, Andre Ward walked off into the sunset as the world's best fighter. Until the weekend, it was probably a pretty uncomplicated retirement, too. The light heavyweight division...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hasn’t everyone thought of Ward vs Canelo! I have .

I don’t think Ward will do it! He let his Prime slip away! 35 years old!!’

Comment

why? with all this b.itching and crying canelo haters are doing saying kovalev was too old imagine if Canelo fights a guy with a 3 year layoff... besides i dont think ward will jump right into a fight with canelo. he will request 5 tune ups first. and ward retired after 2 controversial and tainted wins vs kovalev so he wasnt the clear cut pound for pound #1. theres guys like bivol and beterbiev already there. no need for this.

Comment

And this would be Canelo fighting an inactive 35+ years old semi retired Andre Ward. Good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
          Hasn’t everyone thought of Ward vs Canelo! I have .

I don’t think Ward will do it! He let his Prime slip away! 35 years old!!’
          I think it would be the other way around, Canelo won't do it. Even after the layoff, he would still be a danger to him.

Comment

I've been coming round on Canelo, there's some suspect issues, you know what I'm referring to, but the skill is undoubted.

But if there's one fight that will get me rooting for him and screaming at my tv its this one - go for it!

and why did Ward not make great money? 'cos he's a boring-ass grappling, head-butting, low-blow ego-centric low-KO-ratio defese-oriented genius - a lot to admire but not much to root for.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              I've been coming round on Canelo, there's some suspect issues, you know what I'm referring to, but the skill is undoubted.

But if there's one fight that will get me rooting for him and screaming at my tv its this one - go for it!

and why did Ward not make great money? 'cos he's a boring-ass grappling, head-butting, low-blow ego-centric low-KO-ratio defese-oriented genius - a lot to admire but not much to root for.
              The fans aint stupid. They know something's up when you see Canelo's opposition throwing weak ass punches throughout the fight only for Canelo to throw an absolutely devastating combo and ending it.

That said, i'd favor an old Ward against Canelo. People have forgotten quickly the massive schooling Canelo received against Floyd and it wouldnt be any different here.

Comment

This would be a very boring fight. I can already see Ward clinching every 30 seconds trying to scrape a decision win.

Canelo should fight at 168 and try to become undisputed there. Start with Callum Smith. If GGG wants the trilogy he has to go through BJS and get a strap at 168. The winners can unify next September. Then eventually set up a superfight for undisputed with Benavidez in 2021 once he unifies by beating Plant.

Comment

Ball hitter vs Cownelo for the money like Floyd/Pac?

Comment

Why Ward if there are other active top LHWs who will beat Canelo?

Comment

Working...
                    X