No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patience Pays Off With Canelo's KO Of Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by william_ni View Post
    I haven't seen any of the other threads re this fight, but after watching yesterday, am I the only one who suspects the whole thing was a staged, scripted farce?

Did Kovalev throw a single punch with any clear sign of intent? His whole demeanor and attitude appeared to be that of an exhibition fight.

The knockout looked suspect too.

There was no way Canelo's run on his huge contract was ever going to be interrupted this early.
    Do me a favor & rewatch some of Kovalevs biggest fights against Ward/Yarde/ & E. Alvarez 2.

Then get back to me if you think anything about how Kovalev fought was in any way out of the ordinary especially considering he knew who he was facing & despite me initially thinking he was fighting a stupid game plan in the beginning of the fight Kov stuck with his trainers game plan for once & it was bearing fruit as many ppl (erroneously) had him winning or slightly losing at time of ko.

Bottom line is that Kov was the #1 ranked lhw champ when Nelo signed to fight him. Beterbieve imho would be far more suited to Nelos style as come forward fighters that eat tons of punches are normally not Nelos kryptonite its movers like Kovalev with the best jab in boxing who actually used his much longer reach.

Those jabs supposedly were weak yet many of those saying that say ggg beat Nelo because of weak arm punch jabs he threw wildly all fight.

Comment

I saw the fight and i see how Kovalev is not exerting that much effort in this magnitude of fight. Truly the money is the root of all evil...

Comment

I just went through Canelo's entire boxing record and he has never fought someone younger than him. I have a feeling that he will never fight:
        - Bivol
        - Gilberto Ramirez
        - Caleb Plant
        - Callum Smith
        - Jermall Charlo
        - David Benavidez
        - Billie Joe Saunders

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Just have fun exposing them like I do
          How the heck do you do that? I wish there was a purge once a year where the mods would delete any account that has called a boxer (any boxer) a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Michaeljsexton View Post
            I just went through Canelo's entire boxing record and he has never fought someone younger than him. I have a feeling that he will never fight:
            - Bivol
            - Gilberto Ramirez
            - Caleb Plant
            - Callum Smith
            - Jermall Charlo
            - David Benavidez
            - Billie Joe Saunders
            Great research man! I can't believe they couldn't find one 14 year-old in all of Mexico to give him a challenge when he started,,, then they immediately started putting 20something year-old grandfathers when he turned 17, unbelievable!!! GTFOH

Comment

The Canelo vs Kovalev fight was horrible. To me it seemed as though Kovalev was fighting scared. He was jabbing and jabbing the whole fight. Horrible fight. I thought Kovalev threw the fight. He fought a very different fight than he did against Hopkins, Ward, etc. I don't understand why a guy with so much power would come out and just jab and try and be a boxer which he clearly isn't. Canelo didn't impress me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
                I saw the fight and i see how Kovalev is not exerting that much effort in this magnitude of fight. Truly the money is the root of all evil...
                That's because he threw the fight.

Comment

kov fought a different game plan., pump the jab, keep nelo at bay and dont exert too much energy. he knows he couldnt go for the ko for 6 rounds and gas. when kov did through the right, nelo threw some wicked body counters. fought was pretty even til the ko. yes kov cashed out, but he knows his stamina was up to par. the first right hand that tagged kov hurt him as he tried to clinch., the left hook hit him right around the glove right on his jaw. the right that slept him was just nasty.

Comment

Fixed

This fight looked fixed as all heck! Kovalov the bigger harder puncher pulled his punches all night and it was so apparent!! The DAZN team did a wonderfully corrupt job of trying to convince everyone each round how Canelo won it. No one watching the fight where I was gave Canelo more than 2 rounds and yet he was ahead on the scorecards AGAIN in a fight he was losing. As for the knock out it was a predictable outcome to what looked like a fixed fight. I hope Kovalov enjoys his retirement check and as for DAZN I canceled my subscription because I'm not into WWE style outcomes. What a joke of a fight

Comment

Canelo win was so savage it has everyone crying foul. Get over it mijas. I would like to see some of these haters get hit with a Canelo shot and see how long they can stay on their feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X