Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Who won more impressively, Ward or Canelo against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    Eleider Alvarez.
    This is the only one who won against him without any advantages! Great post!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of either...but Nelo stopped him clean, no doubt about that...Ward's win has some question marks, just is what is it really...Kov was in better form vs Ward though so that needs to be taken into account too.

Comment

If Ward was fighting a shot Kovalev, this might be a conversation. Canelo wouldn't have made it 6 rounds with the Krusher Ward fought.

Comment

Ward. Kovalev was invincible prior to that fight, he was among the most feared fighters..he hadn’t been remotely hurt in a fight. This version of Kovalev as I said he was is past his expired date. “i was tired by the sixth round”

Comment

Canelo's KO was more impressive

seeing how he didn't need crooked judges or throw combos to the balls with the blessings of the referee to beat Kova

Comment

The diva, no doubt
              Devastating KO vs ending fight on a foul.

Comment

Ward. Kov was still dangerous then

The overall way ward won was more impressive

The knockout itself of course Canelo

Comment

Ward for me. Even if we exclude Kovalev's age and history of KOs from the equation in the fights (which is a BIG if), Canelo was losing the fight on the cards, for me at least. He landed like 2-3 decent counters per round. Even on Vegas judges' cards, it was an even fight. He landed a great shot. Was it a lucky shot? I wont say it was lucky because he can land that, but it took him many rounds to land anything significant on Kovalev.

Ward in the 1st fight was outclassed. However in the 2nd fight, Ward completely outclassed Kovalev. He was in significantly better shape, he mostly negated Kovalev's jabs. Kovalev was exhausted by the 3rd or 4th while Ward was still fresh. There were low blows in that fight, but they were equally fault of Weeks, Ward and Kovalev. Weeks for letting them go, Kovalev for ducking down all the time, and Ward for being a smart/dirty fighter who knew "what's the worst that can happen?" In the 2nd fight, Kov was getting KTFO.

Comment

Eleider Alvarez.

Comment

Ward... Even tho he got hit more and was bending every rule. He fought the Krusher. Not a guy coming off a brutal fight in their jabbing like he had no intentions of beating the star boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X