GGG vs. Kamil Szeremeta agree to terms for next Feb or March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    mando that isn't being called for...lol
    A champion fighting the number 1 contender. What's you problem with that you hateful Jack Ass?????

Comment

This dude is in line as the mando...why not get it out of the way after a tough fight, 5 months later, and then go on to a big fight later in the year...I swear people hyperventilate over nothing sometimes lol...I would prefer GGG in with a few other guys over Szeremeta, but he has to face this guy at some point...why not now after that war he had vs SD...then the next fight for GGG would obviously be a big one...people getting on GGG for his level of comp after SD, rolls, Canelo, Canelo, vanes, and Jacobs...I mean wut lol

Comment

people can talk about jermall charlo all they want

but Andrade and ggg both working with DAZN....this is an easy fight to make...and they aren't even trying!
        I don't get the angle that Andrade really wants that fight...and I don't think DAZN wants that fight at all...they want Canelo-GGG...that's about the only fight that makes them money lol...Andrade will get his shot surely, but not before that fight...there is too much money at stake.

mando that isn't being called for...lol
        I think the logic of 'we have to face this guy at some point...let's get it out of the way now, and then have a big fight(s) in 2020 after' makes a lot of sense really...especially after he just had a war with SD and will be fighting this guy like 5 months later...GGG very may well struggle with this dude anyway...he looked bad vs SD.

Comment

Sadly, GGG is nearly finished and I think his team knows that. At the time in his career when he would have taken some interesting challenges (like Martinez etc.), he couldn't get those guys into the ring with him. There is a lot of missed potential in his career; at one time I thought he could be one of the all-time greats.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
            Sadly, GGG is nearly finished and I think his team knows that. At the time in his career when he would have taken some interesting challenges (like Martinez etc.), he couldn't get those guys into the ring with him. There is a lot of missed potential in his career; at one time I thought he could be one of the all-time greats.
            I think he is on the decline as well...I think with the money at stake with Canelo-GGG 3 etc...it just makes too much sense to have GGG take smart fights until they can get Canelo in there, probably late 2020...that fight makes DAZN too much money...GGG could be in the prime of his life and they would still be treating him with kid gloves right now.

I think he is/was at ATG at MW though...he has had a great career

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              The IBF should name better mandatories.
              Problem is a lot of guys simply ain't registered with the IBF so even though they're the best at enforcing their ****, they consistently have some of the worst manatories.

Comment

Let's just look at some facts or generally agreed upon things here:

1) GGG is 37, coming off maybe the toughest fight of his career.
                2) DAZN paid GGG a lot of money
                3) The only fight where DAZN makes money off GGG, and maybe makes money at all with any of their fighters, is GGG-Canelo
                4) 4 of GGG's last 6 fights include Canelo, Canelo, Jacobs and SD, all top 5 at MW.
                5) This guy is his mando/first in line

All this says GGG fighting this dude now makes too much sense...DAZN wants GGG-Canelo and will probably get it after this fight, and after Canelo takes a tune up after Kovalev...the GGG hate is so over the top imo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  I think he is on the decline as well...I think with the money at stake with Canelo-GGG 3 etc...it just makes too much sense to have GGG take smart fights until they can get Canelo in there, probably late 2020...that fight makes DAZN too much money...GGG could be in the prime of his life and they would still be treating him with kid gloves right now.

I think he is/was at ATG at MW though...he has had a great career
                  I wish I could agree, man. GGG was must-see TV and my favorite fighter. I'm just very disappointed in what has happened with his career over the past few years. We will never know if he truly was the all-time great he appeared to be against lesser competition back in 2013-15.

Comment

DAZN knows GGG is past it, Canelo ruined him in that 2nd fight as I have stated repeatedly. Have you guys ever seen a bully get bullied? The bullying stops almost immediately. GGG lost something that night. It's like he's a completely different person since then outside and inside the ring.

Where is the outrage from the GGG fans that accuse Canelo for ducking every big name at 160 and 168? He can avoid this mandatory by unifying with Andrade or any other 160lb champion. DAZN knows he would lose guaranteed, they don't want to spoil a possible trilogy fight with Canelo.

Problem is, Canelo won't give GGG a third fight. He's no longer a challenge, so GGG and DAZN can get off their knees and move on and start putting GGG in fights that can draw some subscriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      You mean just like Canelo chose to give up the IBF title rather than fight Dervy for it and gave up his September date to fight Kovalev over unifying with ANDRADE???????
                      Another one who didn't read The Athletic article.

Comment

Working...
                      X