Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this enough evidence that Loma doesnt want Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
    did not read all of that! maybe you ...

1. i dont want to be the guy to make a name beating old legend.

interviewer mention to loma that manny says he can still make 135lbs.

2. that's a great fight and very possible. it would be a pleasure to fight a legend.
    It's always interesting to me when guys for some reason, perceive Loma to be a "sheister", a bullchitter, a liar, or someone with sub-par integrity or character. He has always conveyed the opposite to me.

I do see how his statements could come across as contradicting, but allow me to paint a different perception by interpreting both statements:

1. i dont want to be the guy to make a name beating old legend -----> Meaning: One route to becoming "boxing famous" is to jump divisions and fight big names like Manny Pacquiao. I'm not focusing on that route, because there is a chance people could say, Oh well Pacman was passed his prime and old anyway, so it doesn't truly count. I will unify one weight class, and fight whoever is necessary in order to possess all 4 belts.

2. that's a great fight and very possible. it would be a pleasure to fight a legend. -----> Meaning: IF Manny IS able to come down to 135, where I am unifying the division, that would be an honor to have to go through a legend, in order for me to unify. I'm sure it would be a great fight, but I'm not deterring my road to greatness and history, just to make a fight with Manny. If he comes down to my division, well of course I will not avoid him but just welcome the opportunity to share the ring with a legend.

You see how all that makes sense, when you look at the full context of Loma's career path, character, past behavior, and language barrier ? The way I worded his statements, conveys a slightly more nuanced interpretation. It's the language barrier that leaves room for misinterpretation, and I get the feeling that also bothers Lomachenko.

I don't know if it's because I speak two languages, but when somebody is being translated or speaking broken English, I use every other resource available to aid in the comprehension of their speech. It requires objectivity and the ability to discern nuances.
    Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 10-30-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
      Hes not contradicting himself at all. You're only hearing what you want to.

He knows just like anyone with a brain knows that his ceiling is 135 and that weight classes matter.

If Pac could make 135 then maybe the fight could be made. But can Pac make 135? I highly doubt it. But what kind of credit does Lomachenko get for beating up an OLD and DRAINED Pac? NONE

How does a this fight benefit Lomachenko in any sense? It doesn't. How does this fight benefit Pac? It doesn't.
      Lomachenko has better available fights and so does Pac so it doesnt make any sense for these two guys to fight each other.
      I like Lomachenko because hes different than these scrub ass boxers nowadays who are only willing to fight cans and never willing to step up. Only wanting to fight someone if they are vulnerable. Only wanting a fight if they have every conceivable advantage.

….Maybe inoue in a couple years but I doubt that fight happens too. It woube a good fight but just like Loma and Pac those two will probably be in the same boat.
      I implore you to read my posts...
      What many people fail to realize is that there is a language barrier when Lomachenko is communicating to the public. To discern a "foreigner's" full intended, nuanced meaning, it requires taking all the details into account, as you were doing there, in order to properly comprehend or interpret their meaning.

It's usually folk with a bias or different agendas, that take broken English out of context, and refuse to give the benefit of the doubt, when comprehending.

Furthermore, I explained in my other posts how YouTube videos are constructed, and what their motivations are. Again, editing and taking out of context in order to fit my preferred opinion and agenda, is often the practice with YouTube channels, who depend on Views aided by shock, awe, controversy, and drama.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
        I implore you to read my posts...
        What many people fail to realize is that there is a language barrier when Lomachenko is communicating to the public. To discern a "foreigner's" full intended, nuanced meaning, it requires taking all the details into account, as you were doing there, in order to properly comprehend or interpret their meaning.

It's usually folk with a bias or different agendas, that take broken English out of context, and refuse to give the benefit of the doubt, when comprehending.

Furthermore, I explained in my other posts how YouTube videos are constructed, and what their motivations are. Again, editing and taking out of context in order to fit my preferred opinion and agenda, is often the practice with YouTube channels, who depend on Views aided by shock, awe, controversy, and drama.

Amen.
        I agree with everything you said and I also understand the language barrier because I am also bi bilingual.

OP just has an agenda. We all know this.

Comment

Pacquiao would KNOCK LOMA THE FUGG OUT. End of discussion.

Comment

Pac only weighs 10 lbs more than Loma on fight night.

Loma is fighting guys that are the same size as Pac NOW at 135. The difference is that Pac is better than those guys and he knows Pac beats him.

That is why Loma refuses to bring up his name.

Comment

Loma 135
              Pac 147.

Knock this crap off.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Pac only weighs 10 lbs more than Loma on fight night.

Loma is fighting guys that are the same size as Pac NOW at 135. The difference is that Pac is better than those guys and he knows Pac beats him.

That is why Loma refuses to bring up his name.

Exactly.

PAC would MASSACRE that boy.
                He would knock him out of the ring.

Comment

Loma doesnt want to face anyone that can whoop em why you think he ducked Mikey.

Comment

1-Loma is small at 135

2-Manny can't make 135 and be effective

3-This fight is pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Viral Larry View Post
                      1-Loma is small at 135

2-Manny can't make 135 and be effective

3-This fight is pointless
                      Manny cuts out the white rice and goes keto for one month and he steps on the scale at 135. Dude walks around at no more than 150 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X