No announcement yet.

Forget the 5 main PBC welterweights for Crawford for a minute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the 5 main PBC welterweights for Crawford for a minute

Why didn't Bob invest in the welterweight division to build up credible opponents for Crawford? Guys like Lipinets & Ugas were out there. Why not sign Ray Robinson Jr when he had a draw against Mean Machine? Why let Jessie Vargas & Pacquiao leave?

Matter of fact thru out Bud's career Bob has never invested in any division Crawford has fought in.

How about you quit harping on the same old subject?

Comment

He’s trying but may have left it too late.

He’s made ties with guys like Collazo, Abdukakhorov, Bes*****.

If I’m Bob I’d go all out to sign Jarron Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
        How about you quit harping on the same old subject?
        Typically his Crawford hate threads do bug me but he isn't wrong here.

Look at Lomachenko. After Lomachenko becomes undisputed he can move back down to 130 and fight Herring and Berchelt. There doesn't seem to be any type of plan with Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Abdukakhorov is definitely in Terence's future. Bob might have to shell out some dough for Brook, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Why didn't Bob invest in the welterweight division to build up credible opponents for Crawford? Guys like Lipinets & Ugas were out there. Why not sign Ray Robinson Jr when he had a draw against Mean Machine? Why let Jessie Vargas & Pacquiao leave?

Matter of fact thru out Bud's career Bob has never invested in any division Crawford has fought in.
            Bob wasn't interested in unifying the ww division, his only goal was to prevent the division from being unified under the PBC umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Bob wasn't interested in unifying the ww division, his only goal was to prevent the division from being unified under the PBC umbrella.
              And if PBC was confident in ANY of their guys they would have them fight and beat Crawford

Says a LOT about PBC stable that they all ignore, avoid, and openly DUCK the lone non-PBC fighter and #1 PFP fighter in the world - Terrence Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Abdukakhorov is definitely in Terence's future. Bob might have to shell out some dough for Brook, too.
                Putting Abdukakhorov in with Collazo is a good move. That will help legitimise Kudratillo by having him beat a recognisable name.

I really don’t wanna see Crawford face Brook. Brook looks shot and would be absolutely dead at 147. Crawford would absolutely batter him.

Comment

Yup. The fights to keep an eye out on are Bes*****-Butaev for the WBA regular title and Abdukakhorov-Collazo tonight. Bes*****-Butaev is a 50/50 fight. If Bes***** can win that it sets up a unification with Crawford in 2020 even if it is the regular belt that they'd be unifying with. Abdukakhorov is Spence's IBF mandatory but I'm sure they'll steer him towards Crawford if he keeps winning.

Second half 2019:
                  Crawford-Kavaliauskas
                  Bes*****-Butaev
                  Abdukakhorov-Collazo

First half 2020:
                  Crawford-Bes***** (WBO/WBA regular)
                  Abdukakhorov-van Heerden

Second half 2020:
                  Crawford-Abdukakhorov

Anything can happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see that.

Comment

Putting Abdukakhorov in with Collazo is a good move. That will help legitimise Kudratillo by having him beat a recognisable name.

I really don’t wanna see Crawford face Brook. Brook looks shot and would be absolutely dead at 147. Crawford would absolutely batter him.
                    Well, Brook at least beat the guy who beat the piss out of Horn I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X