No announcement yet.

Who’s impossible to root for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who’s impossible to root for?

I don’t want anyone to name someone who’s nice but a rival of their favorite fighter.

I just want a list of pure a-holes who are impossible to like and root for.

I’m talking guys who everyone should agree to hate only. I don’t want a Canelo-GGG debate on here or anything like that.

Here’s my list:

Deontay Wilder

Wilder is only likable because no one can stand British boxing fans who think AJ and Whyte would beat him and who diss good fighters like Ortiz and Fury to put him down.

He screams “bomb squad” like an obnoxious a-hole, can’t box at all and fought only bums until he faced Ortiz and Fury. He also openly talks about killing people and pretends the bronze bomber is a separate personality he can’t control, like he’s some kind of demented super villain or has multiple personality disorder.

Sergey Kovalev

A raging alcoholic who beats women.

Adonis Stevenson

A former gang member and pimp who spent time in jail for horrific crimes. Also spent years ducking the best fighters in his division.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

A fat party animal who completely lived off his father’s name and received gift decision after gift decision on his way to winning a title he didn’t deserve. In his biggest fights, he barely tried on his way to getting completely wiped out. He also stopped trying to get in shape and moved up in weight while pretending it had to do with something besides him being a lazy fat pothead.

The Charlos

Got full on booed after a fight in Los Angeles for being rude to an opponent after the fight. I forget which one it was so they’re lumped together. Both are obnoxious anyway.

Jaime Munguia

Ralks a big game but refuses to fight anyone with a pulse since winning a title and has received a gift decision.

Amir Khan

Completely delusional and totally full of himself for absolutely no reason. Probably the most arrogant fighter in all of boxing and for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Adrien Broner

I don’t think I have to explain Adrien Broner.

Ryan Garcia

A total douche bag wannabe celebrity who won’t STFU and is always saying weird stuff on social media.

Teofimo Lopez

Did a grave digging celebration after knocking out an opponent. Classy. Also calls out Lomachenko when he’s done nothing to deserve the fight. Whines like an obnoxious baby about nothing.

Gervonta Davis

Calls out Lomachenko nonstop and claims to be the best fighter p4p while fighting no hopers in every fight. Also comes across as a slightly less obnoxious version of Broner.

Gary Russell Jr.

Fights once a year to satisfy mandatory obligations and does nothing else. Recently did some super weird stuff with Leo Santa Cruz’s dad (to be fair LSC almost made this list).

Who did I miss? TIA

Fury
    Horn
    Khan (unless he's fighting Horn)
    Broner (unless he's fighting Horn)
    Chisora (unless he's fighting Fury)
    JCC jr

Comment

Amir Khan feels entitled to big fights for no reason

Comment

Pretty good list actually. I'll add Paulie malignaggi who is so unlikeable I rooted for an MMA fighter to beat him recently.

And no longer active but on the atg list for unsupportable fighter you got to nominate Jermaine Taylor. Although in his later years he became sort of a tragic figure. But in his prime after the two hopkins robberies it was pure hate every time he was in the ring.
        Last edited by The_Hamster; 10-17-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Lomachenko and GGG. Hard to root for. Hyped to the moon before doing shit in boxing.

Comment

I think Caleb Plant is an easy add after reading what the mother of his daughter who passed away said about him.

Comment

Man that is a long list lol...you've been ready to roll with that one

I can't think of one really...there are guys who I would like to see lose one or two to be humbled in a way...but no one I can think of who I could never root for...once a guy starts losing he becomes the underdog and then it is fun to see him redeem himself.

I loved when Maidana beat Broner but now I almost want to see Broner come back and have a good moment or 3

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Fury
                Horn
                Khan (unless he's fighting Horn)
                Broner (unless he's fighting Horn)
                Chisora (unless he's fighting Fury)
                JCC jr
                Lmao that's too funny.

Comment

Cats like Canelo and Danny Garcia who get by on gifts and blind fans who think they are far more skilled than they really are, and the promoters who try and force their stardom. Hype jobs, both of them.

Broner for obvious reasons.

Khan because all he has is a loud mouth and he has never deserved a big fight in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Lomachenko and GGG. Hard to root for. Hyped to the moon before doing shit in boxing.
                    Bro I like you lol...but how can you even say that...Loma maybe the GOAT amateur and has followed it up with a great/very good start to his career...I know we see it different on GGG so we won't even get into that one...but yeah I mean all of GGG's and Loma's hype was warranted in my view...two great fighters who have already done great things I think and Loma may be far from done...GGG probably close to finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X