Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete vs. Casimero Set For November 30, Arena Birmingham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Really? High level main event and lots of competitive domestic clashes on the undercard
    I went to Loma/Campbell and soon treating a few buddies to Prograis/Taylor.. Might change my mind, won't be clamouring for tickets on Friday though

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
      I went to Loma/Campbell and soon treating a few buddies to Prograis/Taylor.. Might change my mind, won't be clamouring for tickets on Friday though
      Same here... I went/am going to both too, really wish Taylor-Prograis was up north though tbh. I’ve been to a couple of Taylor fights up in Scotland and the atmosphere is far better than the casual filled O2.

This is still a great card IMO though... if you live locally you could likely just turn up on the day and get in for free.

Comment

Same here... I went/am going to both too, really wish Taylor-Prograis was up north though tbh. I’ve been to a couple of Taylor fights up in Scotland and the atmosphere is far better than the casual filled O2.

This is still a great card IMO though... if you live locally you could likely just turn up on the day and get in for free.
        I'd love to go to a big fight in Scotland - they know how to make the most of a night!

Lol my friends are all casuals, to the point that I'm having to send them youtube videos (highlights, interviews etc) to get them hyped for what will be fight of the year, I'm sure of it! Mind you, I'm not exactly fighting fit so people would look at me and think casual - haha!

Might just have to show up on the night at Bham Arena, see if I can get in cheap.

Comment

I'd love to go to a big fight in Scotland - they know how to make the most of a night!

Lol my friends are all casuals, to the point that I'm having to send them youtube videos (highlights, interviews etc) to get them hyped for what will be fight of the year, I'm sure of it! Mind you, I'm not exactly fighting fit so people would look at me and think casual - haha!

Might just have to show up on the night at Bham Arena, see if I can get in cheap.
          I think everyone’s friends are casuals tbf... that’s why we have to go on forums so we can have a proper discussion about the sport.😂

And yeah Taylor’s fans are nuts, one of the best atmosphere’s I’ve seen in recent memory was when he fought Ohara Davies at the Braehead. I expect a good few hundred will travel down.

How do you see it going? I’m planning to put a lot of money on Taylor. Never been convinced with Prograis tbh, I don’t get the hype, Taylor’s wins over Postol and Baranchyk are far better than anything on his resume IMO.

Comment

Casimero is a tested ring warrior.

Comment

I think everyone’s friends are casuals tbf... that’s why we have to go on forums so we can have a proper discussion about the sport.😂

And yeah Taylor’s fans are nuts, one of the best atmosphere’s I’ve seen in recent memory was when he fought Ohara Davies at the Braehead. I expect a good few hundred will travel down.

How do you see it going? I’m planning to put a lot of money on Taylor. Never been convinced with Prograis tbh, I don’t get the hype, Taylor’s wins over Postol and Baranchyk are far better than anything on his resume IMO.
              It's a 50/50 - Taylor has physical advantages and a bit more slick, but Progress has the edge in hand speed and probably punching power. Both can box too. Honestly I can't pick a winner, but it will warm up in to a war and be a strong FOTY contender.

I like Regis a bit more than Taylor too. Don't care about supporting the Brit.

I think Relikh is an underrated win - arguably undefeated going in to the fight and Regis took him apart without much difficulty. He starched Indongo, who also had big size advantage and dominated Flanagan. I think their resumes are pretty even, impressive considering Taylor has had 9 less fights and 2 years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                Casimero is a tested ring warrior.
                and a tough road warrior too...

Comment

It's a 50/50 - Taylor has physical advantages and a bit more slick, but Progress has the edge in hand speed and probably punching power. Both can box too. Honestly I can't pick a winner, but it will warm up in to a war and be a strong FOTY contender.

I like Regis a bit more than Taylor too. Don't care about supporting the Brit.

I think Relikh is an underrated win - arguably undefeated going in to the fight and Regis took him apart without much difficulty. He starched Indongo, who also had big size advantage and dominated Flanagan. I think their resumes are pretty even, impressive considering Taylor has had 9 less fights and 2 years younger.
                  A lot of people share your opinion and it’s probably justifiable. I could very well be wrong but my instincts just tell me that Taylor is going to beat him convincingly. I could see it being a Calzaghe-Lacy type breakout moment.

I just feel Taylor is the better fighter based their amateur pedigree, professional careers, opponents etc.

That’s what makes it a great fight though. It divides opinion...

Spot on about not having to back the Brit’s as well mate, I hate this media driven nonsense that you have to support the British fighter.

Comment

A lot of people share your opinion and it’s probably justifiable. I could very well be wrong but my instincts just tell me that Taylor is going to beat him convincingly. I could see it being a Calzaghe-Lacy type breakout moment.

I just feel Taylor is the better fighter based their amateur pedigree, professional careers, opponents etc.

That’s what makes it a great fight though. It divides opinion...

Spot on about not having to back the Brit’s as well mate, I hate this media driven nonsense that you have to support the British fighter.
                    All your points hit home, that's why the winner has to be in everybody's top-10 p4p!!

Taking over Tete-Casimero thread with WBSS chat lol

Comment

Working...
                    X