This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    what you implied is that i said he had to move up two classes...i didnt....or that he had to fight crawford...i didnt...go back and look at what i said again

all im saying is if there were a good, dangerous, 140lb fight that was too risky his fans would still claim "hes small..thats his limit...he wants to stay and dominate the division and thats fine and ok"....

he still has some good fights he can make with davis, lopez and maybe haney.....so im not saying he has to....but if there were a good 140lb fight while he was waiting for something its something he should try....but the same group that would excuse him from fighting someone llike say prograis was the same group saying floyd was a poosy for not fighting golovkin
    you are still salty about floyd i see. thats what this is really about it. you crying because people wanted floyd to fight someone in their prime. difference is floyd had people like thurman or spence in his own division but he would rather fight berto and conor. oh but floyd was old so its ok...pac just fought thurman and hes old. lets go back to floyds prime where he fought zab, hatton, and baldomir...instead of cotto, marg, and pac. dont need to talk about floyd moving up. he didnt handle business in his own division. maybe staying in a division and fighting everyone is a little harder than you think, if floyd refused to do it maybe loma can

Comment

Haha, The dumb is getting almost unbearable here.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        Stop it... The real reason he didnt fight Manny wasnt cause Manny is too old. Manny is still one of the top fighter in the sport. He should have just said, Manny is too big. That too old excuse is pure BS... and Im a Loma fan
        Manny is still a top fighter at 147 because of the excellent match making he has had. I'm a pac and Lomachenko fan and that fight wouldnt have made sense for no one.

I wouldnt pick pac over Spence, crawford or even Shawn porter. Pac wouldnt either which is why you've been hearing other names than those mentioned.

He picked the most vulnerable 147 champ in Thurman and let's all be honest, thurman is probably done. Not only did he not fight in like 2 years his boxing motivations are pretty questionable as well. Hes out for surgery too.

Dude almost got knocked out in a tune up fight and was shell of his former self.

If Lomachenko did fight Pac and beat him I wouldnt give him too much credit. People talk about passing the torch blah blah but it simply isnt true. Look at what happened to jeff horn.

Look at what happened to rigo. People clamored for it and when he got wrecked he was too old. Too small.

People here dont understand that height has nothing to do with how much you weight. Pac is definitely bigger than Lomachenko despite being shorter and as much as people want to claim he can make 135 I seriously doubt it. Maybe 140 not 135 which is why Lomachenko isnt taking the fight.

Combine age and different weigh classes and you geta no. Maybe if pac was <35.

When it comes to this topic I'm very consistent. Beating vulnerable names imo is not as good as holding down a division. Lomachenko locked 135 down so much that anyone who wants to be a champion HAS to move up to 140.

That's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
          There is a lot of hype around Lomachenko and while I can agree that he certainly is a good boxer, I think the hype is totally out of proportions... He did lose to Salido, he fought Rigondeaux at a totally unfair weight and otherwise, I'm not really impressed with him fighting trash like Campbell, Crolla, Pedraza and Linares recently... It simply doesn't suit a man of his reputation.

His skills are there, no one can deny that, but those skills have yet to be tested enough for him to deserve all the hype. I have a proposal. How about going up in weight and fighting Crawford? If Lomachenko beats Crawford, then I must admit, he has established himself as an all-time great. I know he will get spanked, but at least for trying, he will have gained my respect.

Will you continue to hype a guy who fights trash constantly or should we, as fans, start to put some pressure on him to fight Crawford? I doubt Lomachenko has the courage to face him, but if the fans pressure him enough, it just might happen. If Lomachenko is so special, then why not prove it? It's easy to look good when fighting bad opposition.
          - -Easier for YOU to be ****** on a web forum.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            With Crawford’s resume how could you possibly have him that high?
            I don't think it is that bad...what active fighter really has a better one? Canelo probably better opponents, but mixed results...GGG probably better opponents too, but he is declining in my view so he has slid down below TC for a little while...I don't really see who else would have a better resume than TC besides maybe Loma right now, and no one has done better vs their resume than Crawford has.

He has dominated like 10 or so good fighters, that impresses me...I remember going into the Postol fight everyone was saying it was 50/50 and Crawford dominated him...since then I have been high on him and other than the Benevidez fight he has lived up the hype every time out basically.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
              Manny is still a top fighter at 147 because of the excellent match making he has had. I'm a pac and Lomachenko fan and that fight wouldnt have made sense for no one.

I wouldnt pick pac over Spence, crawford or even Shawn porter. Pac wouldnt either which is why you've been hearing other names than those mentioned.

He picked the most vulnerable 147 champ in Thurman and let's all be honest, thurman is probably done. Not only did he not fight in like 2 years his boxing motivations are pretty questionable as well. Hes out for surgery too.

Dude almost got knocked out in a tune up fight and was shell of his former self.

If Lomachenko did fight Pac and beat him I wouldnt give him too much credit. People talk about passing the torch blah blah but it simply isnt true. Look at what happened to jeff horn.

Look at what happened to rigo. People clamored for it and when he got wrecked he was too old. Too small.

People here dont understand that height has nothing to do with how much you weight. Pac is definitely bigger than Lomachenko despite being shorter and as much as people want to claim he can make 135 I seriously doubt it. Maybe 140 not 135 which is why Lomachenko isnt taking the fight.

Combine age and different weigh classes and you geta no. Maybe if pac was <35.

When it comes to this topic I'm very consistent. Beating vulnerable names imo is not as good as holding down a division. Lomachenko locked 135 down so much that anyone who wants to be a champion HAS to move up to 140.

That's impressive.
              Good post man...especially about how the goalposts tend to move after fights...Rigo was a good win until they fought and Loma won.

Comment

im not suggest he go 147 or fight crawford...thats nuts imo

but if a dangerous 140lb fight, like maybe prograis, was there i know a certain group would be ok with him bypassing anything of the sort calliing him small and making excuses..."he has limits"...but theyd call mayweather names for not fighting golovkin

loma has some good fights he can still make with davis, lopez and haney...so im cool with that...but if he has to wait too long on them he needs to try to do something special instead of waiting.....before we have to hear about how certain guys "waited him out and waited him for him to get old"

golovkin stalled his career for years waiting on a kid....hate to see loma do it too
                Prograis would be a great fight for us as fans...problem is no one really knows Prograis so the risk/reward for that fight would be small...but if he is really just focused on legacy (which most guys are not, and to be fair, they should be more focused on making money) then yeah that would be a good one to try out...I think he may be too small for that though...would like to see it.

We disagree about GGG lol...his money and legacy fight was always going to be Canelo I think...money wise it worked out unbelievably well for him there...legacy wise it just depends on how you saw those 2 fights really...just think GGG would have had to go to 175 really to get a big fight...168 had no real names and the fights with the few names there never materialized...Froch fight never materialized...Chavez Jr didn't either but that would be for the money and not legacy anyway....when Ward could still make 168 I don't think Ward was really healthy/active enough for that fight to be made.

If GGG went up to 175 and won some big fights then yeah that would have really been a big boon for his legacy...not sure how he would have really fared there though...the only fight there for a while was Kov anyway (or maybe Stevenson but I can't see Superman really wanting that fight, though I would have favored him in it) so yeah even at 175 I can't really see a ton of fights for GGG.

He actually has better options now at 168 and 175 if he wants to move up...after his performance vs SD though I don't know what all he has left though...he didn't look too good there to me.

Comment

Too many people looking for the next Pacquiao. Sorry your not going to find a fighter who moves up that many divisions, that's fighter you might find once in a generation. Loma is a great boxer mind you but maybe he's not that "generational" fighter.

Comment

what you implied is that i said he had to move up two classes...i didnt....or that he had to fight crawford...i didnt...go back and look at what i said again

all im saying is if there were a good, dangerous, 140lb fight that was too risky his fans would still claim "hes small..thats his limit...he wants to stay and dominate the division and thats fine and ok"....

he still has some good fights he can make with davis, lopez and maybe haney.....so im not saying he has to....but if there were a good 140lb fight while he was waiting for something its something he should try....but the same group that would excuse him from fighting someone llike say prograis was the same group saying floyd was a poosy for not fighting golovkin
                    You're speaking hypothetically though. I don't think the thread starter was.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
                      There is a lot of hype around Lomachenko and while I can agree that he certainly is a good boxer, I think the hype is totally out of proportions... He did lose to Salido, he fought Rigondeaux at a totally unfair weight and otherwise, I'm not really impressed with him fighting trash like Campbell, Crolla, Pedraza and Linares recently... It simply doesn't suit a man of his reputation.

His skills are there, no one can deny that, but those skills have yet to be tested enough for him to deserve all the hype. I have a proposal. How about going up in weight and fighting Crawford? If Lomachenko beats Crawford, then I must admit, he has established himself as an all-time great. I know he will get spanked, but at least for trying, he will have gained my respect.

Will you continue to hype a guy who fights trash constantly or should we, as fans, start to put some pressure on him to fight Crawford? I doubt Lomachenko has the courage to face him, but if the fans pressure him enough, it just might happen. If Lomachenko is so special, then why not prove it? It's easy to look good when fighting bad opposition.
                      Loma started at 126...he’s already done what Crawford did and faced better opposition doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X