This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
    I don't think he is man enough to move up and fight Crawford, but... If he does. And if he loses. I will still respect him for trying.
    He was man enough to move up and fight walters who was the boogeyman at 130. Had crushed Nonito. He walters could have had the fight 6 months earlier too.

He was man enough to fight Russell Jr in just his 3rd pro fight. That was a huge risk. If he had lost he would have had back to back losses.

Moving up again to fight Linares who was the man at 135 since Mikey had been bouncing around was a risk too. Loma is small at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      I have no problems with the guys hes fought so far....I really don't...and loma is good
      Then why does he have to move up an extra two weight classes to prove himself? Are you saying there are no challenges for him where he's at? He's already moved up to 135 from 126, and he looks rather small compared to other lightweights.

Garcia moved up to 147 and looked like crap. He didn't "dare to be great", he just wanted a career pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
        How about Rigondeaux? Crawford? Ward?
        idk if rigo is hof. ward definitely. and bud probably gets in but his wins are the most suspect.

Comment

No need for Crawford. Loma just has to beat Lopez and Davis.

Comment

Loma is already undersized at 135, but OP won't think he's any good unless he fights at 147 lmfao

Comment

For me, these are the guys I wanna see Loma with: Lopez, Davis, Haney, Stevenson. Even Garcia. The young guns.

I'll be okay with the first two only as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                For me, these are the guys I wanna see Loma with: Lopez, Davis, Haney, Stevenson. Even Garcia. The young guns.

and then see half of this forum cry how he beat green boxers before their prime and should be getting no credit for that?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

ha well, let's see how Teofimo fares against Commey first, dude's promising but until he's proved himself a lil more I don't see any good reason for Loma to fight him. Tank's already a Champion and his win over Pedraza showed he more than belongs at the top level, but so far all Lopez has is noise. He gets past Commey he should get his shot, absolutely.

Same story with Shakur - although at least he showed himself to be an elite amateur - kid needs to at least fight someone in the top 10 surely. Might have all the talent in the world but sometimes these kids just fold under adversity... let's make sure he at least belongs at that level first.

Ryan Garcia - the kid who calls himself KingRy? Mmmm. Not sold... ****, I look at that kid and think he should be in high school.. can you seriously imagine him in the ring with Loma or damn, Tank.

I have my doubts 'KingRy' would actually survive the staredown with Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                    So, Loma has to prove himself by fighting Crawford...someone else who hasn't proved himself according to your standards? The fact that you used Crawford as the person that he needs to prove himself against is pure hypocrisy. Everything you said can be applied to Crawford, and at a much higher degree at that. Watch this...

"Crawford is a good boxer, but the hype is totally out of proportions. He did fight Gamboa at a totally unfair weight, and otherwise, I'm really not impressed with him fighting trash like Hank Lundy, John Molina, Julius Indongo, and Amir Khan. His skills are there, no one can deny that, but those skills have yet to be tested enough for him to deserve all the hype. When will we put pressure on him to fight Canelo? I doubt he has the courage to face Canelo, but he can at least fight a top guy in his weight class. Personally, I think he should fight Canelo. If Crawford is so special, why not prove it?"

Saying he needs to move up two more weight classes just proves you want to see him lose. You're a hater who isn't interested in giving him any respect. Sad part is, I was with you until the blatant hatred and hypocrisy. Of course, I'd like to see Loma face elite fighters, but if the quality isn't there or is avoiding, what's he to do?

Troll be gone/thread?

Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                      and then see half of this forum cry how he beat green boxers before their prime and should be getting no credit for that?
                      The bold: Maybe for those members who DKSAB.

If Loma could beat Davis, for example, that win would eclipse ANYONE on Loma's tiny, meager resume. On that single win, Loma can retire. I won't question him ever again. The thing is, he won't come close to beating Gervonta, if he takes the fight.

Lopez and Haney are good enough as well.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-16-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X