Comment

Redd Foxx, Gvozdyk, Dec, Close

Comment

jpowell100 Gvozdyk decision close

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
            Beterbiev, KO, Mid

I will be at the fight rooting for the real AB lol
            I'm jealous, man, we've been treated to some fantastic fights in the last few weeks and this one has ever chance of being another. I'm also real interested in seeing how Abdukakharov will look against a seemingly rejuvinated Collazo. The young Uzbek has the look of a fine fighter but I'm thinking the veteran's gonna test him plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I'm jealous, man, we've been treated to some fantastic fights in the last few weeks and this one has ever chance of being another. I'm also real interested in seeing how Abdukakharov will look against a seemingly rejuvinated Collazo. The young Uzbek has the look of a fine fighter but I'm thinking the veteran's gonna test him plenty.
              A good PR move for the young Kudratillo Abdukaharov might be a name change.
              Something like Atillo Du Hun might work. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                A good PR move for the young Kudratillo Abdukaharov might be a name change.
                Something like Atillo Du Hun might work. :-)
                I was always fond of the alternative transliteration: Qudratillo Abduqaxorov, could have had some fun watching the commentators try to wrap their tongues around that.

Dudes full name is even more epic: Kudratillo Xabibullo Ogli Abdukakhorov... probably kill his TV career flat dead if he insisted on that, though.

EDIT: Y'Know, not sure if there's a recognised diminutive for Kudratillo, but Kudra / Qudra would probably do the job and rolls off the tongue OK if he ever reaches mononymic levels of fame.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-16-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  I was always fond of the alternative transliteration: Qudratillo Abduqaxorov, could have had some fun watching the commentators try to wrap their tongues around that.

Dudes full name is even more epic: Kudratillo Xabibullo Ogli Abdukakhorov... probably kill his TV career flat dead if he insisted on that, though.

EDIT: Y'Know, not sure if there's a recognised diminutive for Kudratillo, but Kudra / Qudra would probably do the job and rolls off the tongue OK if he ever reaches mononymic levels of fame.
                  True about the commentators. I remember Lampley having trouble with Pacquiao when he first fought on HBO.

Comment

alexnation, Gvozdyk, UD, close

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                      True about the commentators. I remember Lampley having trouble with Pacquiao when he first fought on HBO.
                      Uzcategui vs Korobov was hilarious, man. It was Jose's first televised fight to my knowledge and the commentators were all over the place with his name.

Comment

Working...
                      X