Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara was his best win.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      His win over DAZN when they tried to force a GGG fight.

He clearly defined his Bossnelo status with that one
      Nice

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
        Says the pacta@rd and no advanced testing because of “needles.”
        just like floyd signature wins is also his GIFT wins against pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          With all his disputed fights I think you gotta say Cotto. The GGG fight WOULD be it & I can see the argument for it cuz it is his biggest official W, but the fact most thought Canelo lost both of those fights would seem to make it a bad choice.
          That Cotto win didn't do anything for me. Cotto lost had a legit loss to Trout and Trout is pretty average and two fights after Canelo, had a legit loss to Sadam Ali. Cotto wasn't the same after he left WW.

His best win IMO is Jacobs. Fought a good bigger fighter and won that fight decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
            His best win IMO is Jacobs. Fought a good bigger fighter and won that fight decisively.
            Yea I can see that.

For me I think maybe that fight still feels too fresh. I think I was more disappointed in what I thought Danny coulda done to give him a better shot at winning then I was looking at it from the POV of a high quality Canelo W. No question its among Canelo's best W's & its just a matter of if you got it 1st like you or further down like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              You think the Trout fight was less clear than GGG II.

Granted Im with you with the Trout fight being closer then the official cards, but I feel like Canelo got the decision there. That 2nd GGG fight has many more cats feeling GGG won it & sh^t man I had it 7-5 GGG myself off of the jab largely.
              Ahhh sorry I didn't explain that very well! I meant the second GGG fight was clearer for me than the first GGG was, but even so, I still value the trout and lara fights as higher (mostly because of GGGs age and miles on the clock)

I can understand why some people saw the second fight as just as close as the first, part of my brain was probably unfairly impressed by how GGG had to move and Canelo was the aggressor. However I do think the general conses is that the second fight was clearer than the first, albeit still very close.
              Last edited by Articulateboxin; 10-15-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

He has nothing like Chavez's comeback win over Frankie Randall, or his insanely dramatic come from behind KO of Meldrick Taylor, Rosario, nothing anywhere near that. Canelo is like the Mexican version of Floyd, except I give Canelo more credit for actually being an entertaining fighter and much tougher than Floyd, willing to trade punches with the big boys. Canelo should have lost a few fights he got draws and W's in, so he still isn't anywhere near an elite fighter of all time. Maybe for his small window of his era, but that's not saying much since we all know he lost to GGG twice lol. Just like Andre Ward, he was carried by promoters and the media and sensationalized into being greater than he is. History will shove him down the list of all time greats in time.

Comment

I think you can argue Danny Jacobs beat both GGG and Canelo. He was just used as a stepping stone. Which is really unfair to Jacobs who is a great fighter, probably better and tougher than Canelo because he never got caught juicing. It's really just so corrupt, you have to stay ontop of this game to know who the real deal Holyfields are. Jacobs beat GGG and Canelo on my scorecards. And I wanted to see GGG win that fight but couldn't give him enough rounds. Jacobs beat him and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Lara was his best win.
                    That was a great fight but even that one you could give to Lara, man Lara got screwed so many times...He could have easily won that fight if Canelo wasn't the darling of Mexican fighters and HAD to be unbeatable in order for them to push him as the next great Mexican boxer in the lower/middle weight classes. Now Andy Ruiz is my favorite American/Mexican fighter because that dude is no joke, no need for any help from promoters or corruption, dude just goes in there and fights and takes care of business without any help from anyone. Canelo always got help and was pampered and guaranteed to get W's when he didn't deserve them.

Comment

2nd GGG fight that I thought he won.

Comment

Working...
                      X