Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov: I'm Ready To Fight Any Champs at 154 Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov: I'm Ready To Fight Any Champs at 154 Next!

Madison Square Garden, New York City - Israil Madrimov made it four KO wins from four as he defended his WBA Inter-Continental Super Welterweight title with a fifth-round stoppage of Alejandro Barerra. Madrimov (4-0 4 KOs) signalled his cruel intentions early in the fight, flooring Barerra in the opening session with a thunderous left hook.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No, he isn't. He needs more fights and he needs to find his identity as a fighter. Sometimes I watch his movements and I'm not sure why they're even being made.

I'd pick him to beat Munguia though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      No, he isn't. He needs more fights and he needs to find his identity as a fighter. Sometimes I watch his movements and I'm not sure why they're even being made.

Mannix saying Willie Nelson is who could be next.

Comment

Really like this guy, he can compete with a lot of guys right now but there's more work that can be done to make sure it turns out for the best.

Definitely didn't like the pushing that was going on in the first 2 rounds of the fight last night, Barrera got too close and Madrimov couldn't create in the closer quarters and elected to push off. He got a couple warnings and he stopped it but it's still something to note. To me signifies a lack of a consistent jab and he's too sure on the inside. I saw a jab flashed so it seems like he has one, just maybe not the patience yet

A lot of extra, wasted movement as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Willie Nelson is big. I remember he stopped Harrison.

Comment

This guy was able to predict in the first 30 seconds. He kept doing the same move over and over again like he’d learned something new in the gym and saying hey guys look what I can do! He’d do a dip turn to the right then he’d either feint coming in with a left or just plain lunge in with the left. And when I say he did this over and over again I mean he did it all fight. Any competent boxer can time that move and night night rookie.

Comment

As limited as Munguia is, i think this guy is even more raw and limited.

I'd put my money on Munguia who has faced the better comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                That’s a real fight if Nelson is anything near what he was few years ago. He fought a thriller with Vanes and beat Harrison but ended up inactive after losing to andrade.

That’s probably why Madrimov’s handlers are willing to test him with Nelson.

It’s hard to gauge Nelson’s level right now but if he still got it, Madrimov is in for hell.

Comment

Yea i agree. It looks like he has good pop with his punches and has good head movement but he took some unnecessary punches at times. Not sure what would happen vs mungia cause if he moves around and leaves himself open he might get ktfo. But madrimov is def someone i look forward to watching in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X