Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserves a rematch more - Derevyanchenko/Porter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who deserves a rematch more - Derevyanchenko/Porter?

Based on the two fights from last weekend and last night...who made the better case for the rematch?

Keep in mind that Spence and Golovkin both score knockdown.

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    Based on the two fights from last weekend and last night...who made the better case for the rematch?

Derevyanchenko. Spence vs Porter shouldn't have been controversial. I have no clue why people saw it that way.

Comment

Dervychenko without a doubt. I had him winning 7 maybe even 8 rounds.

Porter lost close but clear in my opinion. Both great fights tho.

Comment

I had Golovkin and Spence winning, but if you're asking which I thought was closer it'd have to be GGG - Derevyanchenko.

Both fights warrant rematches though, ain't like it's a competition.

Comment

Both fights were very entertaining, but the better boxers in each bout scored a knockdown to secure their victories. It's why they're champions. Both bouts were close, but had clear winners.

Comment

Porter was in there against a guy that was undefeated, a guy everyone called P4P #1 due to the 'eye test' before the fight and 'exposed' after the fight (despite not really being exposed).

Sergiy was in there against a guy that already lost to Canelo and almost lost to Jacobs.

Porter is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Porter was in there against a guy that was undefeated, a guy everyone called P4P #1 due to the 'eye test' before the fight and 'exposed' after the fight (despite not really being exposed).

Sergiy was in there against a guy that already lost to Canelo and almost lost to Jacobs.

Porter is the correct answer.
              Just curious, do you think Porter would have been able to do what he did to Spence to Crawford?

Comment

Just curious, do you think Porter would have been able to do what he did to Spence to Crawford?
                Porter gives rough fits to ANYONE at 147 if he fights linebacker. I've said that multiple times.

Crawford has never fought against that style, just like Spence hadn't. And don't say Horn, because that fight was delayed and we don't know what effect that had, plus Porter is a MUCH better ring bully than Horn. ATG bullying and dirty infighting is Shawn Porter.

I don't know for sure that Porter beats Crawford, but I know it ends razor close (with people on NSB screaming robbery/'exposed') if there's not a KO/TKO. And I'm frankly not sure there would be a KO/TKO from either guy.

Based on what I've seen from both, I see a more competitive version of Tyson/Green.

Comment

Porter can't fight any better than he fought last week.

Golovkin doesn't seem like he could fight better than he fought last night, according to what everyone has been saying.

Not that difficult

Comment

Heard a rumor Golovkin had the flu.

Comment

Working...
                    X