Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Goes Through Hell To Decision Derevyanchenko in War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    OK nice thanks...so he has some incentive to hype him up due to the Philly connection...but not like he is his trainer.

Look forward to seeing Ennis in action some time
    Indeed the Philly connection helps but Breadman is pretty objective guy imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I don't know how much of a NAME Munguia is. He's a name to some. He IS a champ though, but he's the type of champ I hate. With 4 belts in boxing, a lot of young guys will go for the low hanging fruit, then hold that belt hostage. People excuse it as "he's young, he needs experience" (Tank Davis is another one of these) Once guys go after a world title, they're obligated to fight the best IMO. If you're too green, thats what regional titles are for.

If Madrimov (or anyone deemed a real threat) became mandatory challenger to Munguia I would fully expect him to drop the belt and move up to 160. After all, he rehydrates up to almost 180 FFS.
      Yeah I like how boxers get paid much better than MMA guys...but I like how the UFC makes the fights that people really want to see, it seems.

Kind of a catch-22

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      He just blew out his overmatched opponent and made him quit.
      Well he passed that test...gotta bring guys up the right way though, better to be too safe imo than put them in too soon.

I remember how bad I felt for Lubin that he got rocked quickly when he stepped up (maybe too soon)

Comment

• DAZN commentators a bunch of morons. Golovkin has slowed down because he hasn't thrown as much and has been hit more the last few years? Him finally fighting decent comp is the reason for that.

Brook
        Jacobs
        Canelo

By far the most skilled fighters he's fought and the reason he's been hit more and landed less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Indeed the Philly connection helps but Breadman is pretty objective guy imo.
          Yeah I don't mind him...he said something a few years ago that I just shook my head at and haven't really read his stuff much since.

But to be fair I can't even remember what it was about now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            DAZN commentators a bunch of morons. Golovkin has slowed down because he hasn't thrown as much and has been hit more the last few years? Him finally fighting decent comp is the reason for that.

Brook
            Jacobs
            Canelo

By far the most skilled fighters he's fought and the reason he's been hit more and landed less.
            What's your prediction tonight Robbie?

To be fair Brook didn't really do anything that a handful of others did vs GGG though...probably like the 10th or so best performance against GGG from what I've seen

Comment

• DAZN is terrible at properly timing the fights. I really miss HBO, they were true pros with their scheduling.

Comment

• DAZN beating the Canelo-GGG III drum HARD!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  DAZN is terrible at properly timing the fights. I really miss HBO, they were true pros with their scheduling.

Agreed, HBO boxing was a well maintained machine. None of the newer promotions fair well when compared to them.

Comment

• Cmon Mannix, has Golovkin really undergone a "WWF villain heel turn"? Everyone continues to fall over themselves playing up this supposed "drastic" change in demeanor

Comment

• Mannix looks like a second tier celebrity chef btw

Comment

Working...
                      X