Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Just How Dangerous Is The Kovalev Fight For Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may end up being his hardest fight, outside of Mayweather. I'm sure Alvarez is going to use the Andre Ward playbook and attack the body, but Alvarez is not Ward, and Kovalev has since changed trainers and will not be the same fighter. Alvarez also isn't a 175 fighter, so imposing his will on Kovalev won't be easy. There are a lot of question marks that make this fight very intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Canelo's last fight was against Danny Jacobs at 160.

He is jumping literally 2 weight classes from that one to Kovalev at 175.

There is no denying it.
      I don't know what these guys are crying about. Every fight Canelo has been in he was the favorite, except the one he lost. I don't see him as the favorite in this. It looks like a massive leap of misguided faith. You can't ask for more than that.

Comment

Will we see a rematch if Canelo got TKO’ed?

Comment

It's dangerous because although kovalev isn't what he was, at least he isn't green and inexperienced at highest level like nel o was against floyd and kovakev won't be drained either.
          Excellent win for nel o even though kov didn't look great last fight. Just like thurman didn't look great fight before pac

Comment

Shadoww702 AB dropped Porter in there fight it was a flash knock, he wasn't hurt at all just stun,....

Comment

Anyone who tries to downplay this fight, if canelo loses or barely wins I'm taking note of who you chumps are,you wouldn't have the right to say a damn thing about it being a cherrypick. You forfeit the right to ever talk like gggroupies scorned ever again,& stop with this bs about Kov being old,hes younger than Bbbg with far fewer rds on the clock. And he doesn't look like botox face kovie jr aka bbbg

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Anyone who tries to downplay this fight, if canelo loses or barely wins I'm taking note of who you chumps are,you wouldn't have the right to say a damn thing about it being a cherrypick. You forfeit the right to ever talk like gggroupies scorned ever again,& stop with this bs about Kov being old,hes younger than Bbbg with far fewer rds on the clock. And he doesn't look like botox face kovie jr aka bbbg
                Kov isn't a cherry pick. But people did have audacity to say thurman was a cherry pick for pac! Even though pacs 41. And thurman not lost like kov has.

Comment

Clear 4-1 favorite says not much danger for Canelo.

Comment

Canelo is crazy to take this fight. He’s going to get rocked. Kovalev maybe on the decline but he can still hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                      I think the best version of Kovalev beats the best version of Canelo (so far - I don't think Canelo has peaked yet).

Both great fighters, but Kov had a big size advantage.

However, with the current versions of both fighters, I think the smart money is on Canelo. It's nice to see Kov getting a fat paycheck to end his career. After getting robbed against Ward, he deserves it.
                      A fact that Media (Keith Idec, Donovan, Atlas, and many others) chose to forget, and ignore so the boxing fans may also forget. but when it comes down to Canelo they're so quick to remind the public how awful and bad is big bad wolf Canelo.
                      And yes I know you hate Canelo because he beat GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X