Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Sergey Kovalev - Face To Face in LA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    How to spot a dumbass troll = they'll talk up the fight and the 'size difference'. Show those pictures to anyone who's not a fanboy and they'll tell you that Kovalev is taller. It's that simple. Canelo is thicker. Yeah, there's a size difference, but don't be an imbecile and talk about this fight as if it's David vs. Goliath.

They'll be within 5 pounds come fight night.
    lol wut?

There are weight classes for a reason. I'm sure Robert Easter could fill out with muscle and fight at welterweight and still get snapped in half by any half decent guy there. Only reason this fight appears competitive is because Kovalev is slowing down and Canelo is highly skilled. Still, no reason Canelo should win this one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      Rocky Fielding results on the way. Kova is shot and thin in the body. This fight won't see the 3rd round. What a risk by the Red Baron 👎🏾
      I hope not! I hope the fight goes 12, I very much enjoy watching Canelo make guys like Danny Jacobs look like a fool in the ring.

Comment

Kovalev towers over him. He is a completely different animal from Rocky Fielding so you can squash all that noise.

The comparison is not valid.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          If Canelo gets hit flush by Sergey how will his chin or temple respond. That is the only question I have heading into this fight. But I’m taking Canelo in this fight 100%, with that being my only concern. I think he out boxes Sergey and possibly stops him late with a concerted effort to the body early on. And I believe Canelo’s team is very aware of the stamina issues Sergey has late in fights. I think they will focus in training on making Sergey pursue him all night from different angles and utilize the quickness and agility of Canelo to their advantage. Forcing Sergey to pursuit all night will tap into his stamina. And Sergey will pursue and try to knock out Canelo because he “thinks” he is the bigger and stronger fighter. I don’t think Canelo will run from Sergey but he will have enough movement and make Sergey miss and counter him to the body and head. I think Canelo has enough boxing ability to duplicate what Leonard did against Hagler except make it a more convincing decision win and/or possibly stop Sergey.
          Giid post but canelo hasn't exactly got the best gas tank himself he faded in the two ggg fights and badly against Jacobs his punch output slowed right down.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can say this is easy for Canelo, even a shot Kov is still dangerous if he catches Canelo, Kov is huge and has a lot of power, I doubt this will be easy for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              lol wut?

There are weight classes for a reason. I'm sure Robert Easter could fill out with muscle and fight at welterweight and still get snapped in half by any half decent guy there. Only reason this fight appears competitive is because Kovalev is slowing down and Canelo is highly skilled. Still, no reason Canelo should win this one at all.
              .........there's no reason he should win, yet he's a huge favorite?

And this is not a Robert Easter putting on 20 lbs of muscle situation. Canelo rehydrated to 170 at age 20 when he was fighting at 147-154. His body kept growing until at least 23-24.
              His fight weight at MW was easily above 175, likely close to 180. There's a reason he was able to bully both Fielding and JCC Jr. His dedication to nutritional science and conditioning is absolutely superb.

Comment

Damn, Oscar got fat!!

Comment

Holy shet! there is a big ass height and reach dif. Mis match ? holy canelito dont **** up!!!!!

Comment

If Canelo wins this fight. He is the pound for pound King.

Comment

[QUOTE=j0zef;20069214].........there's no reason he should win, yet he's a huge favorite?

And this is not a Robert Easter putting on 20 lbs of muscle situation. Canelo rehydrated to 170 at age 20 when he was fighting at 147-154. His body kept growing until at least 23-24.
                      His fight weight at MW was easily above 175, likely close to 180. There's a reason he was able to bully both Fielding and JCC Jr. His dedication to nutritional science and conditioning is absolutely superb.[/QUOTE] clenelo using PEDs doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Working...
                      X