Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd Doesn't Want Williams Rematch Next; 12/14 Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Hurd but now.... theres too much damn cheating we honestly need every fight to be tested or at least every fight that puts in you in position for a title as well as title fights.

Comment

"There will be no Mayan belt with the green snake thingys"? Hurd said "phuck that noise".

Unfortunatly Josie and Maran (belt makers) are still not speaking. I posted excerpts from the article in the Haney thread.

Comment

I was really
        Looking forward to attending this. Means Hurd isn’t content with his camp or doesn’t feel he’s got enough time to make weight. J Rock vs Mell would be a nice come up imo.

Comment

I can’t see the rematch happening anytime soon.

Hurd don’t want that work again...

Comment

Some of you people leaving comments are either incredibly stupid or trolling like crazy. The writer deliberately mentions VADA testing at the end and you all, like morons, so cleverly put it together that Hurd pulled out because he must be dirty. The guy lost his belts in a hard fight and very well may have felt that he wasn't ready to take an immediate rematch. Especially, being your first fight with a new trainer. Hurd adhered to strict VADA testing in the first fight when he, as the champion, didn't have to. He knew months ago Williams wanted prolonged testing for the rematch. So, don't give me that bs about him pulling out because of speculative PED use. Find something else to talk about, you idiots.

Comment

Hmm, pretty convenient as soon as testing is brought up for 90 days out they aren't so confident. Could be him wanting to get more comfortable with a new trainer, it could be, but it definitely doesn't look good that this is what's happening when testing is involved

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
                Some of you people leaving comments are either incredibly stupid or trolling like crazy. The writer deliberately mentions VADA testing at the end and you all, like morons, so cleverly put it together that Hurd pulled out because he must be dirty. The guy lost his belts in a hard fight and very well may have felt that he wasn't ready to take an immediate rematch. Especially, being your first fight with a new trainer. Hurd adhered to strict VADA testing in the first fight when he, as the champion, didn't have to. He knew months ago Williams wanted prolonged testing for the rematch. So, don't give me that bs about him pulling out because of speculative PED use. Find something else to talk about, you idiots.
                I agree with everything you said. Nevertheless, besides trainer issues, I suspect Hurd also realises that he needs to move up in weight. It just ain't right to drain your body like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Charlo torched Williams

Some of you don’t see how good Jermall really is.

There is a reason Canelo and GGG ran from Charlo
                  Yeah they were so scared after watching that Korobov fight.

Anyway, not a good look here. Hurd is sounding like a defeated man. It’s going to be a rude awakening at the top of 160. He’s going to get seriously hurt if he doesn’t change something and change it soon. Every single guy in the top 5 at MW can spark him and the top 2 in GGG and Canelo I’d be REALLY concerned for him with his style. They’ll brutalize him to put it bluntly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                    Charlo torched Williams

Some of you don’t see how good Jermall really is.

There is a reason Canelo and GGG ran from Charlo
                    charlo lost to korobov . i guess we dont see how good korobov is? and andy lee beat korobov so i guess we dont see how good andy lee is, and chavez jr beat lee so i guess we dont see how good chavez jr is

Comment

Hurd's in a tough spot. His first professional loss came in grueling fashion, so now, he has to decide whether to avenge it or move up. He can't avenge it right away without getting a confidence boosting stay busy fight with his new trainer to correct his mistakes, which means he'll have to keep melting down to 154, and he can't move up without fixing his flaws because his natural power and size advantage won't carry over as well into 160 where there are some real killers up there. It's a hard place to be in so I don't blame him for taking more time to make a decision on where to take his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X