No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin Derails Matchroom Debut of Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    I feel like this match-up was designed to build up Povetkin rather than Hughie in the first place. Hearn must now plan to match Povetkin against one of his main guys like Whyte or Usyk
    Good point .
    I can see Hearn doing that for Usyk .
    Not so much for Whyte after the PED fiasco .

Comment

I want be surprise if Alex PED testing comes back positive later on but then again maybe he bought himself a top of the line chemist this time and beats it lol

Comment

Povetkin vs. Pulev make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
          David price vs hughie “Ali” fury coming up
          Haha that's what I want to see! I can't think of any other fight that would sell now

Comment

Hearn will just use hughie like a dave allen/ chisora type of guy jist keep putting them on cards against high ranked people wouldnt be surprised to see usyk v fury at some point to get him used to the size/awkwardness that someone like tyson would provide
            Last edited by trippers1; 09-01-2019, 09:40 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

All of a sudden Hughie is this big threat

Lmfao

Comment

I feel like this match-up was designed to build up Povetkin rather than Hughie in the first place. Hearn must now plan to match Povetkin against one of his main guys like Whyte or Usyk
                They probably wanted to build Hughie up to fight Usyk. Now they're stuck with Povetkin's old ass

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  They probably wanted to build Hughie up to fight Usyk. Now they're stuck with Povetkin's old ass
                  They must be morons if they believed Hughie could beat Povetkin.

Comment

Hughie has some skills but he lacks the power and/or the aggressiveness needed in the pros. It doesn’t seem like he tries to really hurt people and is content jabbing off the back foot for 12 rounds which won’t win fights against good opponents. I didn’t think he could beat Povetkin.
                    I only saw the last 4 rounds but Povetkin won all 4

Comment

that's a good point, never thought about that

Comment

Working...
                      X