Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren To Have Serious Conversation With Yarde, Coach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Ajayi/Yarde have a thesis that they're testing out; the benefit/cost of sparring is too high to leave all that fight/damage in the gym, so he's minimizing it.

And, in five years, he's guided Yarde to being a top 25 light heavyweight.

Doubt he'll decide to now add taking practice shots to the head, but what do I know
    He is in a wrong sport if he wants to limit punches to the head to the fight nights. It doesn't work this way. It's just doesn't. Yes, he guided him to top 25, but his level of opposition was almost taxi drivers.

Trying new things? Fabulous idea, but why not try to do other things different and keep the most fundamental part intact? Yarde has one career and shouldn't be used as a Guinea pig for testing bizarre ideas of a deluded trainer. I'm pretty sure this tandem will be short lived and I hope Yarde will have the good mind to understand that firing Tunde is business and not personal. Tunde was ok to bring Yarde to this level, it doesn't mean he is good to take him further. Trainers also have different levels among them, experience, depth of knowledge and understanding of the sport. Tunde exhausted his, he should be thanked for what he has done well so far and they should part ways. Right trainer may find the key to unlock full potential. Look at Klitschko with Manny Stuart, what a remarkable journey they went through. Trainers can make or break your career,
    Yarde needs to understand that. Lions in the camp!

P.S. Lions should be in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
      Toney is 10 times the fighter Yarde will ever be.
      You may be right; still, that's not the point.

No idea how Toney is doing managing his affairs, but the man can barely have a clear conversation now because he only needed to spar to get ready to fight.

Ajayi doesn't want to see the same thing happen to one of his charges when they're done.

Up to time to tell if he's onto something

Comment

You may be right; still, that's not the point.

No idea how Toney is doing managing his affairs, but the man can barely have a clear conversation now because he only needed to spar to get ready to fight.

Ajayi doesn't want to see the same thing happen to one of his charges when they're done.

Up to time to tell if he's onto something
        Toney shouldn't have fought as long as he did, and should have never fought at heavyweight. He started out at Middleweight. Sparring wasn't his problem. Taking heavyweight punches to the head was.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
          He is in a wrong sport if he wants to limit punches to the head to the fight nights. It doesn't work this way. It's just doesn't. Yes, he guided him to top 25, but his level of opposition was almost taxi drivers.

Trying new things? Fabulous idea, but why not try to do other things different and keep the most fundamental part intact? Yarde has one career and shouldn't be used as a Guinea pig for testing bizarre ideas of a deluded trainer. I'm pretty sure this tandem will be short lived and I hope Yarde will have the good mind to understand that firing Tunde is business and not personal. Tunde was ok to bring Yarde to this level, it doesn't mean he is good to take him further. Trainers also have different levels among them, experience, depth of knowledge and understanding of the sport. Tunde exhausted his, he should be thanked for what he has done well so far and they should part ways. Right trainer may find the key to unlock full potential. Look at Klitschko with Manny Stuart, what a remarkable journey they went through. Trainers can make or break your career,
          Yarde needs to understand that. Lions in the camp!

P.S. Lions should be in the ring.
          Because he seems to think the "most fundamental part" is wrong, and Yarde trusts him enough to go with the idea and see.

Argue the point if you want; that's where they are at.

As long as Yarde feels like he can keep getting better under Ajayi, and he trusts him, Yarde isn't going anywhere.

Because trust is everything; Chad Dawson was never a better fighter than he was under "Iceman" John Scully, and that's almost without question. The coach knew the fighter, the fighter knew the coach, and that trust kept things steady, regardless of what tactics Scully did or didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            Toney shouldn't have fought as long as he did, and should have never fought at heavyweight. He started out at Middleweight. Sparring wasn't his problem. Taking heavyweight punches to the head was.
            Let's keep to reality for a moment; how many times in James Toney's 90 fights (crazy that he got that many in) did he actually get beat up in?

I'm assuming that anything after 2008 was bull****, but even then, he went 6-4 with 3 KO's and still ended his career without ever being stopped.

90 camps is a mother****er; especially with James Toney no longer having to worry about weight from 1999 on (basically 30 camps over 20 years, where all he did was spar big guys).

You can literally count the times Floyd has been hit clean with a good shot on your hands; I haven't seen a ton of James Toney fights, but I doubt it would take more than your hands and feet to count how many times he's been hit real clean over his 90 fights.

Comment

Let's keep to reality for a moment; how many times in James Toney's 90 fights (crazy that he got that many in) did he actually get beat up in?

I'm assuming that anything after 2008 was bull****, but even then, he went 6-4 with 3 KO's and still ended his career without ever being stopped.

90 camps is a mother****er; especially with James Toney no longer having to worry about weight from 1999 on (basically 30 camps over 20 years, where all he did was spar big guys).

You can literally count the times Floyd has been hit clean with a good shot on your hands; I haven't seen a ton of James Toney fights, but I doubt it would take more than your hands and feet to count how many times he's been hit real clean over his 90 fights.
              Nobody should fight 90 professional fights these days. He got tagged repeatedly in the head by Sam Peter (24 rounds). And how many fights did he have after that? Dude was too stubborn for his own good.

Comment

Working...
              X