Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Sergey Kovalev Rallies Hard To Stop Anthony Yarde

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Sergey Kovalev Rallies Hard To Stop Anthony Yarde

Kovalev, Yarde Fight Photos Gallery - Chelyabinsk, Russia - WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (34-3-1, 29 KOs) survived a scare in the eigth round to score a knockout of mandatory challenger Anthony Yarde (18-1, 17 KOs) in the eleventh. (photos by Pavel Tarbachuk)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Twas wondering if Canelo beats Krusher,which fighter,Alvarez or Pacquaio,would be most likely to get Mayweather back in the ring? We know he wants to come back,but just looking for the guarantee win.Would have to be Pac,no? Real bigger guys ain't his thing.

Comment

I think it should just be Pac. Canelo has long left the weight class Floyd would impose he'd fight him in. We all know Floyd would never dare to meet someone a weight class or two above what he usually fights at.. So best fight imo would be Pac.

Comment

Damn good performance by The Crusher he showed a lot of heart and resilience. Props to the older Lion for backing up his Talk. Can't say that about Yarde tho.

Comment

It was a great fight, evenly matched. An old guy on the way out vs a new guy without the skills to beat a top 5. I still enjoyed the fight because it at least it was evenly matched. It was a kind of Manny vs Thurman lite.

Moving on, Yarde can make some money as a gate keeper and Kovalev should either retire or can cash out in his next one.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
            I think it should just be Pac. Canelo has long left the weight class Floyd would impose he'd fight him in. We all know Floyd would never dare to meet someone a weight class or two above what he usually fights at.. So best fight imo would be Pac.
            Mayweather fights are performance-art and circus atmosphere but barely qualify as a fights. People want to see fights and that's why they love Manny and Canelo...they both fight.

Canelo's master stroke will be when he beats Kovalev. Absolutely brilliant match making. Eric Gomez is easily the most valuable, under appreciated asset in boxing...full stop, period, end of report.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
              Mayweather fights are performance-art and circus atmosphere but barely qualify as a fights. People want to see fights and that's why they love Manny and Canelo...they both fight.

Canelo's master stroke will be when he beats Kovalev. Absolutely brilliant match making. Eric Gomez is easily the most valuable, under appreciated asset in boxing...full stop, period, end of report.
              You don't speak for everyone. I loved watching Mayweather's fights from 2008 onwards. Every one was a near perfect, super intelligent, razor sharp exhibition. I miss watching him school everyone. He also showed heart and a chin when he had to, like against Maidana and Moseley.

Comment

This was a good learning experience for Yarde. I know he feels crappy since he lost but he should also see this as an opportunity to come back stronger and to learn from his mistakes. He had a good showing and there's no shame to losing to the Krusher.

Comment

Working...
                X