Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Survives Scare, Knocks Anthony Yarde Out in 11th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Great assessment Man!
    I agree with everything you said but we both know the hater's will always hate on Canelo no matter what he does or accomplishes..
    They'll say he's ducking someone and/or cherry picking someone as always...
    But you said it. Not to many fighter's jump up two weight divisions to fight a future Hall of Famer...
    If Canelo beats Kovalev then it'll be a huge accomplishment!
    Yep, the haters, including Juan Manuel Marquez and David Faitelson of "A Los Golpes" will continue to spew out their venom, but I think more and more people are coming to realize that Canelo is not afraid of anyone, and that includes promoters, DAZN, media critics or anyone else. Looking at it objectively, Canelo is not the most athletic, nor the fastest, nor does he hit the hardest, but he is probably the most dedicated to his craft and without question the one with the biggest cojones of all of them.

Comment

• Yarde needs to work on cardio. He let the old fox outlast him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        Great shot to close the show. The fact that it was a jab is as impressive as it was fitting considering the course of this fight. Props to Kovalev for winning a challenging fight, but I am a little annoyed that this means we've got to endure the Kovalev / Canelo circus show later this year. Oh well, I'll root for him in that fight.
        They're talking November 2nd lol. That's 2 months from now. Kovalev was just in a 11 round war. This sport is a corrupt joke. Canelo is going to beat on a damaged Kovalev who will probably be pissing blood 4 weeks before he gets in the ring with Canelo and everyone is going to be kissing Canelo's ass afterwards.

Also, Kovalev was in VADA testing the last 6 weeks, for the Yarde fight. Canelo is not currently in VADA at all.

Comment

• Very disciplined fight from Sergey Kivalev and it seems that the lifestyle changes and training being implemented in to his regime by Buddy McGirt is paying off.

I think people are underestimating Anthony Yarde.

I’m looking forward to the fight against Canelo Alvarez and I think Kovalev size and reach are going to be a big advantage for him in that fight. I’m sure Buddy McGirt will have Kovalev ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            No way he stops Kova unless he's drained tf.
            They're talking November 2 is the date for Canelo-Kovalev. That's 2 months from now. Kovalev just had an 11 round war.

Kovalev also has been in full VADA testing the last 6 weeks, for the Yarde fight. Canelo's year of custom VADA testing expired months ago, he didn't sign back up for VADA at all. Michael Montero reported it, called VADA directly and got the info.

The sport of boxing is fixed. The fights in the ring aren't fixed, at least not too often that I can tell, but they are fixed at the network level, the promotional level, the commission level. Who has to be in drug testing and when. When the fights are scheduled. Who the ref and judges are. Where the fight is. What year the fight takes place. You control these 6 variables, you can control the outcome of 99% of fights, even vs otherwise superior opponents.

The Kovalev from tonight would have beaten Canelo, IMO. People are saying Canelo is better than Yarde, but Canelo is 5'8 and thick, Yarde is 6'0 and even thicker. I'm not saying Yarde would beat Canelo but it would be a war. If Kovalev goes 12 with this Yarde, he goes 12 with Canelo. And if he goes 12 he probably outpoints him.

But the Kovalev who fights Canelo on November 2nd is not going to be the Kovalev we saw tonight. It's how it's done. Gotta protect the cash cow.
            Last edited by Boxing Logic; 08-24-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post
              Very disciplined fight from Sergey Kivalev and it seems that the lifestyle changes and training being implemented in to his regime by Buddy McGirt is paying off.

I think people are underestimating Anthony Yarde.

I’m looking forward to the fight against Canelo Alvarez and I think Kovalev size and reach are going to be a big advantage for him in that fight. I’m sure Buddy McGirt will have Kovalev ready.
              Im never going to get over the fact the Kovalev from tonight would have beaten Canelo, but GBP probably knew that and delayed the offer on purpose. Bro Im not sure you know, but they are talking November 2 for the Canelo vs Kovalev fight. That's 2 months from now. Kovalev just had an 11 round war with someone who turned out to be as big a puncher as he was hyped to be. Kovalev has also been in VADA the last 6 weeks, Canelo hasn't.

Canelo is going to fight a 36 year old Kovalev two months after a war with a huge puncher. He's going to fight the worst ever version of Kovalev, not just a past prime version, as if that wasn't enough, but a damaged Kovalev who won't even be able to do an 8 week camp. He will probably have to heal up the next month and then get in a 5 and a half week camp for November 2.

Gotta make the cash cow look good. Gotta make him look spectacular. Gotta make him sell. This is how it's done. Canelo is going to go down as the best boxer of this era, even though he's not top 10. I mean he's top ten right now but of the entire era, comparing to prime Kovalev, etc, he's not as good. But the are going to make it look that way.

I remember a few years ago, Kovalev and GGG were both regarded as A or A+ fighters in the sport, Canelo was viewed as A-. But by controlling when fights happen, you can make the A- guy look like the A+ guy, and get him wins over the A+ guy. Canelo will probably have wins over GGG and Kovalev on his resume before he retires. It's hilarious. Shows how misleading just looking at names on a resume are. WHEN YOU FIGHT THEM is what really matters.

But casual Canelo fans will eat up the bull****, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                He kept Kova's right hand away well, takes a good shot too.

Needs to work on his jab.
                Cuz Kovalev has no left hook. When you have no left hook to the head, it means you also don't have a right hand to the head, even if you have one. See what Im saying? Cuz you can constantly duck down to the left hook side without worry, away from the right hand.

Kovalev still doesn't really know himself. His right hand to the head, much hyped and praised, sucks. It's the punch that loses him fights, not wins them. Everyone ducks down away from it, so it misses most the time, and even when it lands, they ride with it.

Kovalev would be great if he threw nothing but jabs to the head and body, and right hands to the body (cuz they can't duck away from it to the body).

Left hand to body and head, right hand just to body. Stop throwing the right to the head because without the left hook to walk opponents into it, it's useless. It misses or gets ridden and then Kovalev eats huge counters that take his stamina. If he just stuck to jabs and body shots, he would still be formidable. But he never has and never will. He's still in love with his power, just not as much as before. But still a little too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  They're talking November 2 is the date for Canelo-Kovalev. That's 2 months from now. Kovalev just had an 11 round war.

Kovalev also has been in full VADA testing the last 6 weeks, for the Yarde fight. Canelo's year of custom VADA testing expired months ago, he didn't sign back up for VADA at all. Michael Montero reported it, called VADA directly and got the info.

The sport of boxing is fixed. The fights in the ring aren't fixed, at least not too often that I can tell, but they are fixed at the network level, the promotional level, the commission level. Who has to be in drug testing and when. When the fights are scheduled. Who the ref and judges are. Where the fight is. What year the fight takes place. You control these 6 variables, you can control the outcome of 99% of fights, even vs otherwise superior opponents.

The Kovalev from tonight would have beaten Canelo, IMO. People are saying Canelo is better than Yarde, but Canelo is 5'8 and thick, Yarde is 6'0 and even thicker. I'm not saying Yarde would beat Canelo but it would be a war. If Kovalev goes 12 with this Yarde, he goes 12 with Canelo. And if he goes 12 he probably outpoints him.

But the Kovalev who fights Canelo on November 2nd is not going to be the Kovalev we saw tonight. It's how it's done. Gotta protect the cash cow.
                  You dumb twat only canelo & Donaire are on real vada aka vada 365 which is why they(vada) tweet it regularly.

You truly are a stupid hating ass clown

Comment

• I just cant see any way possible Canelo would beat Kovalev, he is far too small and not powerful enough, if he makes it thru the 12th round I doubt he could win on points and he certainly dont have the power to KO Canelo....no matter how I look at it, I cant see Canelo winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Cuz Kovalev has no left hook. When you have no left hook to the head, it means you also don't have a right hand to the head, even if you have one. See what Im saying? Cuz you can constantly duck down to the left hook side without worry, away from the right hand.

Kovalev still doesn't really know himself. His right hand to the head, much hyped and praised, sucks. It's the punch that loses him fights, not wins them. Everyone ducks down away from it, so it misses most the time, and even when it lands, they ride with it.

Kovalev would be great if he threw nothing but jabs to the head and body, and right hands to the body (cuz they can't duck away from it to the body).

Left hand to body and head, right hand just to body. Stop throwing the right to the head because without the left hook to walk opponents into it, it's useless. It misses or gets ridden and then Kovalev eats huge counters that take his stamina. If he just stuck to jabs and body shots, he would still be formidable. But he never has and never will. He's still in love with his power, just not as much as before. But still a little too much.
                      I think this is an intelligent piece of analysis. I suspect it's not quite so simple in reality, in that nuances of individual fighters are not so broad-brushed, especially at the elite level, but in the general sense this rings true.

Comment

Working...
                      X