Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz's Trainer Backs Concerns Over Going To Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
    With all the money in the world, who would want to go to radical Saudi Arabia to even visit? The Price Is Right or Lets Make a Deal game shows could give away a free "trip" over there, and I'm sure all winning participants would be willing to "pass on the deal" for a fridge and bicycle. Ruiz shoulda been happy with the UK as the chosen venue, insisting on BOTH parties coming out their own pockets for stringent drug testing; for officials from the US to perform olympic style random testing throughout both entire camps.

Hearn is desperate to now give his golden goose the upper hand in any way possible - Joshuas pay cuts keep DAZN afloat, keeping that insurance money alive! lol. The Saudis have also been desperate for a while now to host a huge event like this - Camel racing just aint cuttin' it! Ruiz may be the champ, but he's only been so for a very short while, some even think his win was a fluke (I don't), so he better stop acting like he's some major shot caller. He still has to prove himself in this tricky fickle game. He has to win the rematch in skillful calm fashion like he first did when he disassembled the robot.

Saudi Arabia?? Saudis don't like Americans. The history with those guys are raw. Killing of the journalist as well as all their Osama coddling (among other things) does nothing in terms of making Americans feel secure among them guys. The happy go lucky Snickers theme that Ruiz runs with aint gonna be so happy over there. Ruiz may lose by forfeit, but that'll be OK if he's truly concerned for him & his peoples lives. Joshua can have his re-kidnapped belts until Wilder, Fury (and eventually Ruiz) take him out. Those belts will all be back in circulation, where eventually greedy Hearn can be out of the controlling role he so relishes.
    There is nothing wrong with Saudi as location

Comment

In a way I don't blame Ruiz and his people... after all Saudi is a flat out he!!hole of a nation. Human rights be dam ned seems to always be the order of the day.

BUT

Ruiz would also whine if the fight was in England, or anywhere BUT where HE says he wants it. Meanwhile....

"...Hearn has warned of a legal battle, because both boxers signed on for a rematch clause before the initial contest took place. The terms of the agreement, give Joshua and his handlers the power to select the fight's location and venue...."

Is Hearn trying to twist the entire HW picture around to his benefit? Likely. But that's the biz of boxing these days. NOW, when the workday day ends, this isn't about talent, ducking, nothing like that. It's all legalities from here on out. I just hope we end up with a good rematch by years end. Anything else won't be fair to boxing fans.

Comment

This is just ignorant crybaby garbage. Riyadh is a modern city in an affluent country. You'd think it was Somalia or Afghanistan the way this clown was going on. It's obvious that these guys got their perception of the entire middle east from playing Call of Duty levels. Sure, it's a regressive regime in many different ways, but as a straight male basically none of it applies to him. You say you can't bring your women? So? What business do your women have in your training camp or preparations anyway? If it's such a big deal just leave them at home or let them stay in the Riyadh Ritz Carlton until you leave. It's not even like it's an issue if they're prepared to stick to the dress code and act respectably in public. My mother did it for over ten years without issue, and this was back before the year 2000 when it was way more regressive than it is now. Besides, you think that the Saudi government are going to try and pull any nonsense when they're reliant on being best buddies with the Trump administration?

Honestly my respect for Ruiz is waning rapidly over this, he got a lucky break in getting a chance to win those titles and really made the most of it, but all this pissing and whining and digging his heels in isn't respectable behaviour befitting of the champion. The fans have had enough of being strung along by flaky fighters and promoters, especially when it comes to heavyweights. The last thing anyone wants is yet another joker doing yet more of the same. If the contract that was signed the first time around clearly gave the right of deciding the location of the rematch to Joshua's side, then Ruiz doesn't have a leg to stand on - he can defend his belts like a man or get stripped and also probably sued.

I never thought I'd go to bad for Joshua and Hearn but honestly I'm tired of getting jerked around. Just take the goddamn fight already and stop wasting everybody's time.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15
          Well we know why YOU DORKS don't like us:

That looks like a picture of American Boxing if Alicia Haymon keeps playing this shady game of blocking some of the sports best fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            Nobody likes Americans.

BWaHaahaaHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              This is just ignorant crybaby garbage. Riyadh is a modern city in an affluent country. You'd think it was Somalia or Afghanistan the way this clown was going on. It's obvious that these guys got their perception of the entire middle east from playing Call of Duty levels. Sure, it's a regressive regime in many different ways, but as a straight male basically none of it applies to him. You say you can't bring your women? So? What business do your women have in your training camp or preparations anyway? If it's such a big deal just leave them at home or let them stay in the Riyadh Ritz Carlton until you leave. It's not even like it's an issue if they're prepared to stick to the dress code and act respectably in public. My mother did it for over ten years without issue, and this was back before the year 2000 when it was way more regressive than it is now. Besides, you think that the Saudi government are going to try and pull any nonsense when they're reliant on being best buddies with the Trump administration?

Honestly my respect for Ruiz is waning rapidly over this, he got a lucky break in getting a chance to win those titles and really made the most of it, but all this pissing and whining and digging his heels in isn't respectable behaviour befitting of the champion. The fans have had enough of being strung along by flaky fighters and promoters, especially when it comes to heavyweights. The last thing anyone wants is yet another joker doing yet more of the same. If the contract that was signed the first time around clearly gave the right of deciding the location of the rematch to Joshua's side, then Ruiz doesn't have a leg to stand on - he can defend his belts like a man or get stripped and also probably sued.

I never thought I'd go to bad for Joshua and Hearn but honestly I'm tired of getting jerked around. Just take the goddamn fight already and stop wasting everybody's time.
              So because you had no issue making your mom wait in a hotel in a costume then everyone should be a coward?

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

BWaHaahaaHA!!!
                You can keep your **** erotic pictures to yourself please we dont all swing that way. Also if you could actually contribute with some Boxing talk on this Boxing forum that would be appreciated too.

I didnt say the UK dont like America, I said EVERYBODY dont like America.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  So because you had no issue making your mom wait in a hotel in a costume then everyone should be a coward?
                  I was ten years old dumbass

Comment

You DORKS lose to EVERYBODY:

BWaHaahaHA!!!

Comment

Don't EVER forget how ya'll ran back home you fckin cowards!

Jus like Joshua

Land full of pussy ass cowards!

Comment

Working...
                      X