Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Ruiz has right to decide venue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuz Andy doesn't have to fight where doesn't want to that's why. It wasn't in the contract that he had to rematch at a certain location. Plus he is being smart to not get robbed. I don't think I even gave Aj a single round in their 1st fight but I bet you dumbasses here had Aj winning....LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by yourboithat2019 View Post
      Did you use any part of your brain before you made this thread? Only an idiot would think the fight was going to be in Mexico LOL

Why would anyone want the fight to be in the UK? Ruiz won fair and square but now you want him to be at a disadvantage with the ref and the judges? Not to meantion AJ will be back on his PEDs that he clearly cant be on in the USA

Especially after Whyte's positive test getting swept under the rug, if it didnt get leaked no one would know about it and Whyte would have fought on, only an AJ fan would want it not to be in the USA so he wins by having every advantage possible
      Must every fight be in the US?
      Other country's are investing in boxing now so be ready for some funny locations in the future.
      Guys like you can only lament, the show will still go on and do very well.
      So no one cares about cry baby's.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Simple answer .

Hes simply Andy " A Side " Ruiz ,what more needed then that ?

The real answer .

Most boxing fans aren't exactly bright ( no offense to who that refers to on here ) so they parrot what is said and it gets passed along.
        And YOU the one who said they were going to take Andy to court if he didn't fight in london! That was real bright

Comment

He doesn't. Period. He can either not fight AJ and get his ass sued off or fight on the terms he signed for when he signed the rematch clause in the first fight. He can whine and complain all day long but he has zero grounds to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by M Bison View Post
            He doesn't have the right, if he doesn't agree the terms he will get his ass sued off. If you don't want to meet the terms of your opponent then why sign the proposed contract terms? Obviously Ruiz thought he was going to lose, he won the lottery and found an AJ that was off the ball.

Anthony Joshua is the draw in all of this and we all know he doesn't want it to happen abroad because his 'fans' are a new breed who probably couldn't afford a trip abroad.

I think I made it clear with my thread, my point was why do these idiots think it should happen there?

Why would anyone want the fight to be in the UK? Um maybe because that is where the biggest attraction would be, 80-90 thousand stadium would be locked and loaded, you Yanks are living in the 60-80's your days where you ruled boxing is OVER! You guys don't even have a big PPV star.

Yes, now you will use Whyte as an example but you won't use the numerous dodgy sh** that has happened in America.
            • Ward TKO'ing someone by lowblows
            • Maidana refused to fight on the inside against Mayweather in the rematch
            • Mayweather getting a TUE after he did it, clearly breaking the rules
            • The vast list of US steroid cheaters

That isn't a valid reason when you signed a contractual agreement to a rematch and you're not the draw.

I dunno dude a lot of stupid Brits are saying Ruiz has a say, I guess they don't understand the contractual agreement he signed. If Ruiz was the draw then sure he would have the say but he simply isn't.

Sure is, he has the product now.

I've been on television bubba. You can't just tell me what an entertainment contract looks like. I know better. I don't think I know better because I read an article. I've lived it first hand. Been on several docs and television shows and licensed several IPs.

I realize you're a bull**** artist out for to bull**** folks, whatever, carry on with that son, but, truth is Andy has the product. Joshua has the promotion....it's a really normal situation.

Comment

I don't know people are acting like this kid is selling out arenas, isn't the A side the dude selling out arenas?

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                I don't know people are acting like this kid is selling out arenas, isn't the A side the dude selling out arenas?
                It all depends on which PBC or none PBC fighter they are talking about. They flip and change their opinion depending on the fighter.

Spence was getting the belts the other PBC fighters had so he would be the A side over Crawford but when it was pointed out that they said Joshua wasnt the A side over Wilder even though he ALREADY had the belts that made him A side they went a different route and said Spence sells more tickets and PPV's than Crawford so it was pointed out that Joshua sold more than Wilder, thats when they said Wilder is the A side in America then went quiet on it and reverted back to calling Eddie Hearn silly names.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Why would anyone think Ruiz has any say in venue? Well...

Joshua: Gee mate, I'd love to have the rematch in Cardiff.

Ruiz: Nah bruh, I ain't going to the UK.

Hearn: Ok chaps, the fight is going to be in Saudi Arabia.
                  so ruiz does or doesnt have a say ?

if he does have a say then why is it in saudi ?

if he doesnt then the brits were right to say he cant dictate where it is

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                    so ruiz does or doesnt have a say ?

if he does have a say then why is it in saudi ?

if he doesnt then the brits were right to say he cant dictate where it is
                    He absolutely has a say in where he defends his belts. He said he wasn't going to UK, and guess what, he's not.

This should be simple to understand

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      Not the location, or many of the other choices, after you get KTFO, excuse my language.

Plus DAZN, Joshua, and Hearn were supposed to become stars in the US. That was the plan all along. Joshua didn't measure, now all is upside down. UK for what? I thought Joshua came here to become star?
                      Actually that is pretty standard for the side that is controlling the promotion vs the side that is not. This isn’t an in house fight so Ruiz had to sign a lopsided deal to get a career payday. I’m sure he had no problem giving DAZN control of the venue in exchange for a guaranteed $9 million. Guy was making $200k before this fight. DAZN and Hearn are assuming the financial risks so they call the shots. All the reporting have stated this as well.
                      No one really thought Ruiz had a real shot so they signed whatever was needed to secure the fight on short notice.
                      At the end of the day this is just some posturing by Haymon to get the best deal. I think they will up his pay some more so he can save face and the fight will go on as announced.

Comment

Working...
                      X