No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley If Pac beats Spence he's in the top 3 Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
    Pac is already Top 50 All-Time and probably close to Top 25.

If Pac beats Crawford or Spence he makes a strong case for Top 15.

If he beats BOTH Crawford and Spence (putting him near 42 years of age) he is Top 10 with a case for Top 5 ever.

To be the GOAT he'd have to beat Spence, Crawford, and the top guy emerging from JWW (Prograis, etc) or JMW (Hurd, JRock, etc). He'd have become lineal at WW in his early 40s and beat lineal guy from JWW or JMW. That's pretty insane especially considering his earlier body of work
    He has a long, basically impossible road to becoming the goat. All because he couldn't beat Floyd.

If he beat Floyd, he would have a strong claim to being the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      The reason Spence has not beaten Thurman is because Thurman won't fight him. Spence has begged to fight Thurman for many years. Thurman beat Porter by a small amount. Let Porter be the measuring stick. If Spence beats Porter by a small amount then he is no better than Thurman. If he loses to Porter he is not as good as Thurman. But if he beats the hell out of Porter like I think he will then he is much better than Thurman. I don't think Pac can beat Spence but even if he did it would not make him top 3 all time great in my opinion. I would not rate Mayweather that high either. They might be top 30 among all the great fighters who fought before them. It's a boxer's work in his prime that makes him great. One big win when he is 12 years past his prime and 40 years old won't do it.
      Crawford has begged to fight Spence for years and Spence keeps his mouth shut.

Pacquiao Spence is 50/50 TODAY, but each passing day favors Spence. Spence has NEVER fought someone as technically good or with the skillset of Manny. Manny is a unique fighter.

The most concerning for me about Manny was his limited power. He hurt Thurman several times, but back in his early 30s those "hurting shots" wouldve been KO shots (maybe PEDs and maybe just better athleticism then).

I don't see Manny beating Crawford anymore. Spence is there to be hit and is fairly straightforward in terms off output. Hes never fought a guy with fast feet, angular attacks, workrate (although that's diminishing with each day), and Manny has the crafty veteran experience to land his power shots - I guarantee it

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
        He has a long, basically impossible road to becoming the goat. All because he couldn't beat Floyd.

If he beat Floyd, he would have a strong claim to being the greatest of all time.
        I disagree.

Bernard Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor twice and Chad Dawson twice. Bernard is better than both of those fighters without question.

JMM beat Manny once - and even if you biased JMM and felt he win all 4 of their fights - Manny is universally ranked over JMM. For good reason too.

Head to head Floyd bests Manny (maybe JMM too), but career-wise it is possible for Manny to emerge as the GOAT (or at least make a case for it) which is insane. The fact that we are in a time period where it's even POSSIBLE for a guy to make a stake for GOAT is amazing.

Same goes for Floyd too. If he were to comeback and beat the guy who emerges #1 at WW (would be damn near 44 then) and win decisively...man that's impressive. He'd have to beat lineal JWW and/or JMW also decisively, but that would give credence to beating two top prime fighters who were LINEAL in Floyd's twilight.

Both Manny and Floyd have POSSIBLE pathways to legitimizing GOAT claims. Neither are likely (maybe 5% chance for either guy), but it's a testament to how good each guy is that we can even have these discussions
        Last edited by hmc87; 08-11-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

I disagree.

Bernard Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor twice and Chad Dawson twice. Bernard is better than both of those fighters without question.

Head to head Floyd bests Manny, but career-wise it is possible for Manny to emerge as the GOAT (or at least make a case for it) which is insane. The fact that we are in a time period where it's even POSSIBLE for a guy to make a stake for GOAT is amazing.

Same goes for Floyd too. If he were to comeback and beat the guy who emerges #1 at WW (would be damn near 44 then) and win decisively...man that's impressive. He'd have to beat lineal JWW and/or JMW also decisively, but that would give credence to beating two top prime fighters who were LINEAL in Floyd's twilight.

Both Manny and Floyd have POSSIBLE pathways to legitimizing GOAT claims. Neither are likely, but it's a testament to how good each guy is that we can even have these discussions
          If Pacquiao beat Floyd, his claim to being the goat would be near undisputable. He would have beaten everyone in his path, and Floyd, one of the most unbeatable fighters of all time would be the cherry on top of his Career.

If Pac beat Floyd, and somebody made the claim that Pacquiao was the greatest fighter of all time, nobody would have a good enough argument to disprove him.

The fact that he couldn't beat Floyd puts his quality as a fighter in question, and puts a ceiling to his ability.

Jermain Taylor and Chad dawson already have been defeated so nobody would compare them to bernard Hopkins.

Floyd has never been defeated so when you measure Pac and Floyd's level as fighters, you would have to have Floyd above Pac.

Pac does have the better resume and career, but nobody can say he's a better fighter than floyd. It's hard to claim somebody as the goat when there's a fighter clearly better than him.

Comment

If we're ranking resumes and career achievements, then Pacquiao is above Floyd.

But if we're talking about the greatest fighter of all time. Floyd has an infinitely stronger claim than Pacquiao.. because you know why? He beat every single person that they put in front of him.

Pacquiao's shot to become the greatest fighter of all time happened on May 2nd, and he fell short.

There are no second chances.. Pacquiao didn't sieze his chance. He didn't give it his all. He didn't fight like it was the most important moment of his existence, even though it was.
            Last edited by llll; 08-11-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post

So it's that thin, the line between being greatest of all time and not? Just a win over floyd?
              Just Floyd in way of that, are you sure about that? He couldn't beat horn, and that wouldn't stop Pac being considered goat, so I Doubt a loss to Floyd would
              Floyd wouldn't even give rematch so your talking from heart not head like all Floyd fans do. You saying Pac can't have 2 chances at Floyd it has to be one go? Your making things up as you go along
              Last edited by hugh grant; 08-11-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao cant beat Spence. He would be competitive for the first 6 rounds, maybe, after that, Spence takes over and starts hurting him before finishing Pacquiao around round 9.

Comment

Spence's best win is against a guy that had no business in the ring at 147, Mikey Garcia. Pac would mop the floor with Garcia. Spence is just younger and bigger, much like Thurman. He has the body work that I think could be a problem for Pac. But, he is stationary and Pac would put a serious hurting on him in the early rds. His only shot would be to wear Pac down for the final third of the fight. Other than that, Pac will smack him around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Spence's best win is against a guy that had no business in the ring at 147, Mikey Garcia. Pac would mop the floor with Garcia. Spence is just younger and bigger, much like Thurman. He has the body work that I think could be a problem for Pac. But, he is stationary and Pac would put a serious hurting on him in the early rds. His only shot would be to wear Pac down for the final third of the fight. Other than that, Pac will smack him around the ring.
                    When Roach said Broner was faster than Thurman, we all laugh our *ss off. And it turned out to be true.

Reviewing the tapes when Thurman was at his peak and Broner's fight with Pacman, compare them side by side and you will see why Roach said it so.

If Pacman takes on Spence, and Roach reveiews the tapes as usual, we'll all laugh our *ss off when he'll say Thurman is faster than Spence.

I did the comparing side by side. Spence is a bit slower than Thurman, especially when it comes to pace and movement. It's logical considering he's bigger.

I'm not saying Manny wins. I'm just saying it went from "Spence will eat Manny alive" to "It's a 50/50 fight".

We can all agree that if the fight happens, there may be a big possibility Manny takes the first half of the fight. In the second half, it'll all be up to Father Time.
                    Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 08-11-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Pac is already Top 50 All-Time and probably close to Top 25.

If Pac beats Crawford or Spence he makes a strong case for Top 15.

If he beats BOTH Crawford and Spence (putting him near 42 years of age) he is Top 10 with a case for Top 5 ever.

To be the GOAT he'd have to beat Spence, Crawford, and the top guy emerging from JWW (Prograis, etc) or JMW (Hurd, JRock, etc). He'd have become lineal at WW in his early 40s and beat lineal guy from JWW or JMW. That's pretty insane especially considering his earlier body of work

To be clear I dont see Pac beating Crawford at all and I think Spence is 50/50. If he took this fights (I dont think he will) they need to happen soon as time is essence right now. So it would really be something if he beat either guy let alone both

PAC is already top 5 of all time you nitwit.

Comment

Working...
                      X