Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Really Want Antonio Orozco To Test Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    I just checked and Herrera is 39 years old
    I think poor Mauricio is shop worn , the guy has been in numerous wars let alone the age factor
    I think tonite’s fight their can be a major upset
    haha exactly but they kept clamoring so much in that fight of Herrera never being stopped and Ortiz being the first to do it. well yeah the guy is almost 40 geez!

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      I just checked and Herrera is 39 years old
      I think poor Mauricio is shop worn , the guy has been in numerous wars let alone the age factor
      I think tonite’s fight their can be a major upset
      Ok, that makes much more sense. He really did seem old in that fight, even at the weigh-in. His eyes just said "I'm here to pay the back rent, hopefully i don't get seriously hurt."

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
        haha exactly but they kept clamoring so much in that fight of Herrera never being stopped and Ortiz being the first to do it. well yeah the guy is almost 40 geez!

Luis Ortiz is already 40 and Wilder brags about fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
          Does anyone know why I have Red bars under my name on Boxing Scene?
          Did you by any chance said something nice about Canelo?
          If so that’s your answer.

Comment

I know. it's cringy everytime he mentions it

Comment

Nothing could be further from the truth. You're basically saying Ortiz is superior to Ramirez. Orozco has been in some tough wars. He's no pushover and will come to fight. Ortiz is still learning. Until we get a fighter that takes him deeper or tests that chin, which could happen tonight, we don't know for sure if Ortiz can take a punch or has the momentum to go 10 rounds. It's like with Teo, so many thought he was a knockout artist and look what happened the moment they stepped him up. Ortiz does have power, is fast and can box some, but Orozco being he's only in his early 30s is still in his prime and not to be underestimated. It'll be a great fight for however long it lasts.
              I think he is better than Ramirez, nothing about Ramirez really stands out to me, he just seems like another brawler, but Ortiz, I can see the technique, the power, speed and the size. The thing about Teo is he's a small guy, 5'6-5'7 max, Ortiz has legit size though, and I think Ramirez is also only about 5'8 max.

Comment

Forty years old is no spring chicken at any weight, but its not the same at HW as it is at WW. Fighting and competing that old at WW, the most stacked division, requires a special athlete (e.g. Pacquiao). The HW game is much slower and far less stacked, so its not so unusual to see guys compete at the highest levels in their late 30's and 40's. It's still impressive; just not the same.

With regard to Wilder's bragging, how many other HW contenders are as dangerous as Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I think he is better than Ramirez, nothing about Ramirez really stands out to me, he just seems like another brawler, but Ortiz, I can see the technique, the power, speed and the size. The thing about Teo is he's a small guy, 5'6-5'7 max, Ortiz has legit size though, and I think Ramirez is also only about 5'8 max.
                  I dunno about all that on Ortiz but Ramirez looked more polished in his last outing plus he and Ortiz are the same height. This is a fight that could go either way and Ortiz will be tested but it’s necessary to get him ready for a title

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                    Ok, that makes much more sense. He really did seem old in that fight, even at the weigh-in. His eyes just said "I'm here to pay the back rent, hopefully i don't get seriously hurt."
                    Lmfao
                    Herrera has been around and had some fughin wars
                    He’s an old as fugh 39
                    That’s why I’m smelling upset this evening

Comment

Yup
                      He bought the cap and wore the t-shirt

Comment

Working...
                      X