No announcement yet.

Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Yeah I know more than you cupcake, so in light of that why didn’t the referees come in and examine the robot? Why did they take that risk? I mean they don’t want to be sued right?

Are you American? That would probably tell why you seem triggered for whatever reason 😂
    You know more than me on this situation. I was good friends with Dr. Jordan's brother. If you believe that anyone involved in the boxing business in N.Y would intentionally risk a boxer's health then you are showing your "true colors". Making excuses and crying like biatches when your "hero" got his arse kicked is typical U.K fashion. And just for the record how exactly do you know more than I do about the welfare and safety in N.Y boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      Yea, I know... Wtf these guys talking about?
      Yeah, so many idiots on here. 24 seconds and he wasn't ready to fight. Someone compared it to Fury against Wilder? Fury didn't ask the referee for more time and was up and ready and in fighting stance by the count of 9. At the time of 24 seconds AJ was leaning against the ropes cos he couldn't stand, couldn't hold his arms up and then leaned against the referee so he didn't hit the canvas for the 5th time. If this was a troll post, I wouldn't mind, but it's clear, it's deadly serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
        You know more than me on this situation. I was good friends with Dr. Jordan's brother. If you believe that anyone involved in the boxing business in N.Y would intentionally risk?
        You seems triggered 😂 again why didn’t the doctor come in and examine both fighters AFTER the bell has rang for the start of the 4th round? In light of your comments about they wouldn’t want to risk being sued etc... Why did they take that risk with Ruiz and with Joshua? I mean the doctor came and examine Wilder AFTER the bell has rang, and you pointed to the Kownacki/Arroela fight as an example, which would be a good one if true.... So why did those doctors in NY took those risk against the robot?

Comment

You seems triggered 😂 again why didn’t the doctor come in and examine both fighters AFTER the bell has rang for the start of the 4th round? In light of your comments about they wouldn’t want to risk being sued etc... Why did they take that risk with Ruiz and with Joshua? I mean the doctor came and examine Wilder AFTER the bell has rang, and you pointed to the Kownacki/Arroela fight as an example, which would be a good one if true.... So why did those doctors in NY took those risk against the robot?
          Actually you are correct that there was some negligence. The fact that a cardioligist was not in Joshua's corner was an issue. All parties involved should have known that A.J has no heart!

Comment

Actually you are correct that there was some negligence. The fact that a cardioligist was not in Joshua's corner was an issue. All parties involved should have known that A.J has no heart!
            That was already established when that robot got KTFO, the question still remains why was the doctor not on the apron checking him and Ruiz after the bell has rang?

Comment

That was already established when that robot got KTFO, the question still remains why was the doctor not on the apron checking him and Ruiz after the bell has rang?
              On a serious note I will have to rewatch the fight. I would hope that the ref always gave Joshua the proper "welfare check" after all four knockdowns. "Looking in to his eyes, directing him to move a certain way, etc." Also did a ringside physician check on A.J in between rounds?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                You say wilder:

even after receiving about 20 punches from ortiz in that round (yes the videos are time stamped)

you say about AJ: (who had more than 1 min in between kds and ruiz was not pummeling him like ortiz was doing to wilder)

and then you finish it with:

and we are expected not to think you are biased?

and again... badly hurt is your opinion. He got up after the 2nd kd took a HUGE breath and put his hands up... if he was "hurt" like you said he wouldn't be able to do all that as quickly as he did
                I love how Ray* ducked this response from me.

Comment

• I just rewatched the Joshua/Ruiz fight on DAZN. After round 3 had ended there were replays of the round and a close up of Joshua for a few seconds. There was no view of the activity in the corners. One would assume that there were doctors in both corners observing both fighters. If anyone has any video evidence of the ringside physicians activity or lack thereof at the end of the round feel free to post it. I imagine that this is another example in a long litany of british boxing fans being nationalisitic and naive in respect to the sport of boxing. A little advice, stick to soccer!

Comment

On a serious note I will have to rewatch the fight. I would hope that the ref always gave Joshua the proper "welfare check" after all four knockdowns. "Looking in to his eyes, directing him to move a certain way, etc." Also did a ringside physician check on A.J in between rounds?
                    I think the ref played his part perfectly. Nothing he could have done more. The robot quit or got KTFO, whichever one makes some people lol the best. Going back to the OP point, it was the shady way Wilder was brought time in the Ortiz fight by the ring doctor. That is what the OP was pointing out and asking why wasn’t a doctor doing the same in Ruiz and Joshua.

Because at the time, we all knew what was happening was shady as phuck, but the excuses was the “NY are now more careful” etc because they were sued. Fine, so if that was the case why didn’t they do that with every single fight in NY? Especially with a big HW fight (Ruiz/Joshua), just like the doctor coming in AFTER the bell has rang for the start of the round.

The simple answer was Wilder was the house fighter and they brought him time to recover. If not that same doctor would have gone in and check Wilder right in between the interval not AFTER the bell has rang for the next round.

Comment

I just rewatched the Joshua/Ruiz fight on DAZN. After round 3 had ended there were replays of the round and a close up of Joshua for a few seconds. There was no view of the activity in the corners. One would assume that there were doctors in both corners observing both fighters. If anyone has any video evidence of the ringside physicians activity or lack thereof at the end of the round feel free to post it. I imagine that this is another example in a long litany of british boxing fans being nationalisitic and naive in respect to the sport of boxing. A little advice, stick to soccer!
                      There was a doctor in the corner in the wilder fight. He looked wilder over for a full minute in that corner and then the fight was stopped while he went and did the same thing in another corner. It was a BS move to give wilder some extra recovery time and it is a BS rule that is there to be exploited and manipulated under the disguise of a rule to protect fighters from serious injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X