Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum and Eddie Hearn never let their big name fighters fight on other networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can probably count on one hand the promoters with TV deals who've let their big names fight on a network besides their own that wasn't some big PPV.

If JCR was a big name already I highly doubt he'd have fought on DAZN. Although I'm hoping I'm wrong & this working together back n forth thing is a trend we are moving into cuz it'll make boxing better & more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I already posted receipts on Ramirez gate sales. Love Ramirez, but those gate sales were absolutely disgusting.

Both Charlo's out sold that by a good margin last fight, especially Jermall fighting in Houston.
      Can you send me the gate sales too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
        Well duh, all the promoters are like that including GBP and PBC
        Exactly, every promoter will let their non-stars go across to another network.

The true test here will be if Spence/Porter do solid numbers and Spence emerges as the bonafide A-side in the match up against Crawford. If he does, let's see how willing Arum will be to send Crawford to FOX.

Pretty sure it was already said that Lomachenko wouldn't fight on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
          I post all of them in the thread MCC made....Go to MCC's profile, click on threads started by him, then find the thread about gate information and ratings.

Comment

Hahaha nice job diverting the topic.
            That's right! Take your loss!

Comment

Exactly, every promoter will let their non-stars go across to another network.

The true test here will be if Spence/Porter do solid numbers and Spence emerges as the bonafide A-side in the match up against Crawford. If he does, let's see how willing Arum will be to send Crawford to FOX.

Pretty sure it was already said that Lomachenko wouldn't fight on DAZN.
              I agree, but see ZERO chance of Arum sending Crawford to Fox. He will demand a joint PPV a-la Wilder/Fury2

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=715239&page=3

Here you go, requested Hooker-Ramirez gate sales but they gave me a BS email saying when I requested the commission report, they had not received it so I had to request it again a few days ago. So I should be hopefully getting that one shortly as well.

Don't ask about any NY cards, that isn't happening lol. I contacted them for three or four different cards in late May or early June, told me by August 7 I would get the requested information. Well, got an email yesterday saying they will be extending the date to August 16. All for just some MT-160 tax forms SMFH....And pretty sure they will be charging me for this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                  I agree, but see ZERO chance of Arum sending Crawford to Fox. He will demand a joint PPV a-la Wilder/Fury2
                  Let's see if they are able to do a joint PPV. That will be his demand no doubt. But is the fight big enough for a joint PPV? Either way, if Spence/Porter exceed 200k buys, he is the A side of the fight. If it does over 250k buys and gets close to 300k buys? Then Spence is the NO-brainier A-side of the fight and at that point either Crawford gives in to some demands or he just doesn't want the fight bad enough......Of course, all assuming Spence beats Porter.

Comment

Let's see if they are able to do a joint PPV. That will be his demand no doubt. But is the fight big enough for a joint PPV? Either way, if Spence/Porter exceed 200k buys, he is the A side of the fight. If it does over 250k buys and gets close to 300k buys? Then Spence is the NO-brainier A-side of the fight and at that point either Crawford gives in to some demands or he just doesn't want the fight bad enough......Of course, all assuming Spence beats Porter.
                    In response to the bolded, IMO the answer is no and will always be no until these guys cross into the mainstream, but will be the only way the fight realistically gets done as its one of Arum's two best fighters. Neither of these guys are all that popular (IMO Spence is already the A-side) and as amazingly talented as Crawford is, his PPV buys and promoting is terrible.

As for the Spence-Porter card I have zero idea how many buys it will get. The co-main is a mismatch and I am honestly very intrigued by the main event despite believing that Spence will probably win. Hopefully PBC fills out the card with a couple more fun fights like last weekend.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=715239&page=3

Here you go, requested Hooker-Ramirez gate sales but they gave me a BS email saying when I requested the commission report, they had not received it so I had to request it again a few days ago. So I should be hopefully getting that one shortly as well.

Don't ask about any NY cards, that isn't happening lol. I contacted them for three or four different cards in late May or early June, told me by August 7 I would get the requested information. Well, got an email yesterday saying they will be extending the date to August 16. All for just some MT-160 tax forms SMFH....And pretty sure they will be charging me for this as well.
                      Thanks man. I'd love to contribute to that thread, how do you get the information? Do you email the venue?

Comment

Working...
                      X