Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    a win that is better than any win on Mayweathers resume

just one

name that win..... go !!
    I'm still waiting for someone to give pacquiaos top 10 wins...

Comment

• Originally posted by South Champion View Post
      On Max on Boxing, Kellerman says Pacquiao's win over Keith Thurman added onto his many accomplishments makes him have a case to top the all time P4P list.

Two back to back Fighter of the Decade awards is one thing, but all time pound for pound fighter of all time is probably a bit of a stretch.

Did you watch the video?

Kellerman categorically states that he does not think pacquiao is the best ever. However, he lists Ali, Armstrong and Co and states that Pac has as much of an argument as those guys, based on his peak, and long term accomplishments.

Post Ali, the likes of Leonard, Duran, Holyfield, Chavez, Hopkins, Pacquiao and Mayweather all of those types of accomplishments.

In terms of absolute peaks, there are even fewer names as bright as pac.

So he has an argument, anyone who is a knowledgeable fan can see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
        I think people are getting too excited, for one take a look at it for what it is.

A Topic Max brought on on his show to fill some space/segment.

He ended that segment by saying, He think Pac will lose the Argument for best ever p4p but that he has a right to turn in his application and you have at least take it serious. (which I agree with)
        Yeah, I agree with your comment. Max is just saying that Pac's all time P4P greatness is a valid consideration. Nobody can ever universally be considered the greatest P4P because it's just an opinion. But Pacquiao has to be considered a contender for that title. I certainly consider him one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport.

Comment

• When Manny retires, he'd be preached like a demigod.

No one in the history of boxing fought in 10-11 divisions and won titles in 8 of them.

He already transcended boxing. If we still live in the times of old during the early Greek city states, his name would be added along Hercules, Achilles, Heracles, Perseus, etc.

Floyd would probably be stoned to death by an angry greek mob who wants their money back because of his way of fighting. He's lucky we live in the modern era where we can't just do that. Oh well.
          Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 08-07-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Did you watch the video?

Kellerman categorically states that he does not think pacquiao is the best ever. However, he lists Ali, Armstrong and Co and states that Pac has as much of an argument as those guys, based on his peak, and long term accomplishments.

Post Ali, the likes of Leonard, Duran, Holyfield, Chavez, Hopkins, Pacquiao and Mayweather all of those types of accomplishments.

In terms of absolute peaks, there are even fewer names as bright as pac.

So he has an argument, anyone who is a knowledgeable fan can see it.
            In my original post, I didn't say that Max said he thinks Pacquiao is the best ever. I understand what he's saying, Pacquiao has a case for the title of best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredWreck View Post
              Other than his entire resume?

The win he just got.
              Beating Undefeated Champion Keith Thurman who was 10 years his junior.
              Manny is 40 years old still outclassed him.

There’s not a Mayweather win better than that.

you fkn moron

Mayweather schooling Canelo at 38yo... and Mayweather defusing Pacquiao at 36yo..... is at least a full level above ANYTHING Pac has ever done

Mayweather next-level wins are just as good as Pac's best wins..... schooling Marquez is also better than anything Pac ever did

and what about the losses?... everyone used to knock out Pacquiao
              '

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Yeah, I agree with your comment. Max is just saying that Pac's all time P4P greatness is a valid consideration. Nobody can ever universally be considered the greatest P4P because it's just an opinion. But Pacquiao has to be considered a contender for that title. I certainly consider him one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport.

anyone who thinks that Pacquiao is the best ever, or even on that level..... is a fools fool, who really should try to develop a genuine interest for this sport

neither Mayweather nor Pacquiao are on the level of the best

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  you fkn moron

Mayweather schooling Canelo at 38yo... and Mayweather defusing Pacquiao at 36yo..... is at least a full level above ANYTHING Pac has ever done

Mayweather next-level wins are just as good as Pac's best wins..... schooling Marquez is also better than anything Pac ever did

and what about the losses?... everyone used to knock out Pacquiao
                  '
                  Pac s whole resume is stronger than floyds. Pac s 8 wins over barrera, morales, bradley, jmm surpasses and deals with clouds entire resume.
                  Floyd was 36 when he beat green, cw nel o not 38 you liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Pac s whole resume is stronger than floyds. Pac s 8 wins over barrera, morales, bradley, jmm surpasses and deals with clouds entire resume.
                    Floyd was 36 when he beat green, cw nel o not 38 you liar.

true, the ages were the wrong way around

Mayweather schooling Canelo at 36yo... and Mayweather defusing Pacquiao at 38yo..... is at least a full level above ANYTHING Pac has ever done

Mayweather lower-level wins, like schooling Marquez and destroying Corrales..... are also better than any win on Pac's resume

Marquez > Pacquiao

Comment

• If pac is an american he is already been hailed as the GOD OF BOXING.

Comment

Working...
                      X