Collapse
No announcement yet.

From bad to worse. Fighters starting to question if Hearn is the right move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Hearn did was wrong no matter how he spins it.

Comment

What the hell?? I don't like or dislike Hearn but how is he getting flack for this is beyond my understanding. The man was cleared to fight by the officials. Why the hell didn't the officials tell the opponent that there was a failed drug test?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I think not telling the other fighter is the biggest problem. Whyte was cleared to fight by that kangaroo court. But the decision not to tell the other fighter is the problem. Idc what Hearn says about the process and all that BS. Rivas should've been informed. Cleared to fight by a kangaroo court doesn't mean he didn't test positive for a PED.
        That's the single thing that bothers me most - I can envisage circumstances (although not many) in which it might be reasonable to allow a fight to proceed after an adverse finding if it could be convincingly argued that deliberate use was highly unlikely but there wasn't time for a full investigation
        ... not that I'm saying that was the case here.

However I can't think of any legitimate reason why the opposing fighter and his team should not be informed promptly in every case and given the option of withdrawing without prejudice.

Screw due process - yes it's necessary, but let that take place in it's own time. When a man's health and even life is on the line it's indefensible that he should not be given full disclosure about the risks he's facing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          What the hell?? I don't like or dislike Hearn but how is he getting flack for this is beyond my understanding. The man was cleared to fight by the officials. Why the hell didn't the officials tell the opponent that there was a failed drug test?
          Because that's not how their kangaroo court process works.

At the end of the day in this sport you'd hope a promoters would buck the process and do the morally right thing.

So as a fighter you're looking at Hearn as someone who would send them in the ring without letting them know the other guy has tested positive for a PED.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            At the end of the day in this sport you'd hope a promoters would buck the process and do the morally right thing.
            How many of us honestly believe any promoter would have done anything differently in Hearn's shoes though?

Comment

I would think this would become more of an issue for UK signings. If somebody fails a VADA drug test, both parties are informed, right?

Comment

Is anybody allowed in this thread or just PBC shills?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  What Hearn did was wrong no matter how he spins it.
                  What did he do wrong exactly? The more i read of it the more he was given the green light by all the authorities to keep the fight on.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Did Hearn think GRJ wanted to fight three times a year or something? It's already known that GRJ fights his one fight per year schedule because that's what he wants to do. Same with how Thurman would fight once a year.

But I just think GRJ probably has been promised the LSC or Tank showdown next so he stayed put.

As for Mikey? The move to DAZN didn't make sense unless it was just him getting a crazy sum money to fight inferior competition. Prograis nor Taylor have DAZN deals yet so it's not like he couldn't get either fight on another network. I bet Mikey ends up getting the DSG fight after all.
                    I was one of the people on here backing GRJ in regards to him wanting to be active, I guess I was totally wrong then. It does seems like him not fighting multiple times a year had to do with him. But I have been told he has an illness which prevents him from doing so.... why was he so vocal about it then about 3/4 months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I was one of the people on here backing GRJ in regards to him wanting to be active, I guess I was totally wrong then. It does seems like him not fighting multiple times a year had to do with him. But I have been told he has an illness which prevents him from doing so.... why was he so vocal about it then about 3/4 months ago?
                      PBC had a problem keeping fighters active with limited dates, but he was one of the few who was perfectly fine fighting once a year. He would say stuff like it allows his body to rest and his hands to heal up etc. But then he went on this rant on wanting to be more active recently. I don't know, but he may get two fights a year here and there, but he's never going to be an active fighter. He gets 7 figures a fight and seems like a smart guy, so good for him if that's what he wants.

Illness? Interesting, never heard about that. Recent illness or one he's had for some time now?

Still, no excuse for him not to get the LSC fight next. If not, then simply put LSC doesn't want it. GRJ publicly shamed both LSC and Haymon after his last fight and put all the pressure on their side. I'm perfectly fine with the Tank fight as well, but if he can't get either then he needs to think hard on getting some of the top TR 126 pounders.

Comment

Working...
                      X