Fat Boy Dan contract won't be renewed by ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Boy Dan contract won't be renewed by ESPN

According to Rick Glaser

It has now been confirmed to yours truly that the Original ESPN Fatman Dan Rafael will definitely not get his contract renewed by ESPN on his current contract concludes. The handwriting was on the wall when ESPN hired well known writer Steve Kim, and ESPN.com dropped Rafael's Friday Chat that was weekly, claiming the software was out of date, which was just an excuse. So once he is nolonger at ESPN, Rafael will now just be simply "the Fatman"

No surprise there.

Wonder what happens to him. DAZN throws some money at him? That paid sports news site picks him up?

Comment

#Glazed

But the writing has been on the wall for a while. The day they hired Kim you just knew Rafael was either on the way out or was going to be minimized.

Wonder who hires him. The Athletic already has three boxing writers, but FOX did lose Coppinger so that is a possible landing spot for Fat Dan. But more likely is DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        No surprise there.

Wonder what happens to him. DAZN throws some money at him? That paid sports news site picks him up?
        The Athletic? I can see that.

As far as DAZN, I'm not sure how a streaming app can benefit from a writer. Maybe have him do interviews, but he doesn't exactly have the face for it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post

As far as DAZN, I'm not sure how a streaming app can benefit from a writer. Maybe have him do interviews, but he doesn't exactly have the face for it lol.
          I was thinking a show or commentary or something random not writing. Imagine he could freelance his writing.

But yea the Athletic. I hate that name btw

Comment

Great news. A fat b****** like Rafael shouldn't be anywhere near the sport.

Comment

I don't like Dan, but I feel bad. I man's gotta eat

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post

Fat Boy Dan had his own show on ESPN+ that they canceled it because nobody was watching. He doesn't have a face for the camera. Plus you already have Chris Mannix for that on DAZN. He needs to find a strictly writing job lol

Comment

He will now overdose on doughnuts

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    according to rick glaser

it has now been confirmed to yours truly that the original espn fatman dan rafael will definitely not get his contract renewed by espn on his current contract concludes.
                    Praise Gawd!

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

the handwriting was on the wall when espn hired well known writer steve kim, and espn.com dropped rafael's friday chat that was weekly, claiming the software was out of date, which was just an excuse. So once he is nolonger at espn, rafael will now just be simply "the fatman"
                    ...Us boxing fans just can't win...

Comment

Working...
                    X