Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which great boxer lacks a legacy defining victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    This Post contains only 5 words yet the only word that isn’t pure sh.it was the word “and”

Ward jumped up in weight and took on the Divisions Boogeyman took his 0 and handed him 2 Ls and Ward has a W over Froch in his prime probably the 2nd best 168 fighter of his era.

Both won Straps after those Ls and are will probably be HOFers. What more are you expecting from Ward

Who would he have to beat for you to consider it a Legacy defining fight ?

Mundine isn’t and never was Great. So including him makes no sense
    Who asked you?

Comment

Canelo because most felt he lost both fights to GGG, which he did.

He needs a clear win over a top fighter. He always either gets a gift or just scrapes a win.

Comment

Tyson
        Wilder
        Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          Who asked you?
          No One

But if a Post is utter Sh.it ( which yours was) Then I think it’s fair play to get called out on it

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
            Tyson
            Wilder
            Fury
            Yup going to The Reigning Champ who had a stranglehold on the division for years own backyard and pitching a near shutout shouldn’t be looked as a career defining win.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
              Nah to be fair Calzaghe has Kessler and B-Hop. He was questionable for most of his career but he has two defining victories right there. Klitschko's... they're more difficult. David Haye is the best Wlad has but it's not legacy defining. Vitali truly has nothing, they needed to bash each other. Hell I'd be happy to box the head off my brother.
              Well, I'd say Hopkins was past it at that point (even though less so than RJJ when they fought) and it's rather hard to call Kessler legacy defining. If you count him as that than Haye is even more deserving IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by freelaw View Post
                Well, I'd say Hopkins was past it at that point (even though less so than RJJ when they fought) and it's rather hard to call Kessler legacy defining. If you count him as that than Haye is even more deserving IMO.
                Nah B-Hop wasn't past it he was still the king of the LHW division at the time. B-Hop wasn't past it til his 50s cos he's the Alien man...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  Andrew Ward and Anthony Mundine.
                  I’m not even a fan of Ward, but you can’t say that Kessler, Froch and Kovalev aren’t massive victories.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
                    Tyson
                    Wilder
                    Fury
                    Fury doesn’t have a career defining win?

Let me guess though, AJ does and it’s Wlad?

Also, Tyson facing the lineal heavyweight champion and beating him in 2 minutes was a huge deal at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      I’m not even a fan of Ward, but you can’t say that Kessler, Froch and Kovalev aren’t massive victories.
                      I can say that I don't believe he won Kovalev 1 and that I believe he fouled his way to victories in Kovalev 2 and the Kessler fight. Make your own point and that's fair...but what I was trying to say is...don't invalidate someone's opinion simply because it differs from yours. Not you personally...but you know what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X