Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Has Pacquiao Declined? If So, What Will That Mean vs. Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    He has declined, but not as badly as Thurman.
    Thurman (who declined at 30 yo) isn't the same with a Pacman at 40 yo...

We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
      Should also not allowed 750ml of IV therapy for Thurman just like Floyd. Money talks amigo TBE.
      That Fail Mary of an excuse Pac used isn't even one of his best excuses. My favorite one was how having a tablespoons worth of blood weakens him

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        That Fail Mary of an excuse Pac used isn't even one of his best excuses. My favorite one was how having a tablespoons worth of blood weakens him
        That still wasn't enough to make an article about and he didn't violate Vada.. there's articles about Floyd's su****ious activity of using illegal IVs at his home that violated Vada... Can I get something substantial in pacquiao please, a link? Anything? And i remember Floyd's shoulder excuse for his poor performance against Castillo lol remember that one?

Comment

Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
          So you feel Bradley and Horn ran?
          2 guys you got, 2 lol... Horn who using illegal tactics to save himself from getting ko yet still almost got murdered in the 9th so take a walk on that one and Bradley was rocked many times by pac in all 3 meetings but was very skilled I actually give him credit as a respectable black man unlike you ignorant m0nkeys always hating on pacquiao

Comment

So when Pac beats Thurman will you leave the threads alone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pennstate110 View Post
              That still wasn't enough to make an article about and he didn't violate Vada.. there's articles about Floyd's su****ious activity of using illegal IVs at his home that violated Vada... Can I get something substantial in pacquiao please, a link? Anything? And i remember Floyd's shoulder excuse for his poor performance against Castillo lol remember that one?
              Bro....that interview was way back when. I read it on ESPN. Here's a partial on the matter on wikipedia....

''"We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn't want the fight," Arum told David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press.''

There's this....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-by-both-sides

Then Manny said he felt weakened when he had blood drawn in the days leading up to the Erik Morales fight, the last time he lost, so he was hesitant to be blood-tested again

If you need more, let me know.

Comment

His decline is as much mental as physical. Between his religious, merciful more compassionate side and his KO loss to Marquez, he doesn’t have the same killer instinct he once had. He isn’t willing to take as many risks to inflict damage in his opponents. Smart for a fighter his age. Physically he isn’t the same, but still competitive at the elite level.

Comment

I think Pac is in trouble an fighting at this level not because he wants to be but because his finances dictate it! They are selling it though, and even if he pulls out a win, he will jump out the frying pan into the fire! They choose Thurman because he is rusty an looks vulnerable. But if they beat Thurman the public will clamor for more, and the money will make Manny give more...UNTIL HE RUNS INTO SPENCE OR CRAWFORD...AND THISE TO PARTICULARLY WOULD REALLY HURT PAC...I won’t be surprised if Thurman puts a serious beating on Pac! I think he beat Horn...but Horn was competitive with Manny, and all the top WW are far better than Horn, who doesn’t have athleticism and good footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by gritsteel View Post
                    Pacman has power. The problem is that when the opponents feel that power, they start to run. Hence, no KO for the Pacman. Those he KO'ed did not respect that power, and they paid for it.
                    The biggest respect came from Clottey, he really went into a turtle shell.
                    Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn didn't run from Manny. Neither did Jessie Vargas. Neither did Bradley.

As to Mr. Rosenthal:

Originally posted by Michael Rosenthal
                    CompuBox statistics aren’t definitive but they give you an idea of patterns. Let’s compare CompuBox numbers from four 12-round Pacquiao fights that took place between 2010 and 2012 (Antonio Margarito, Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Tim Bradley) and his last four fights that went the distance (Bradley, Jessie Vargas, Jeff Horn and Broner). He threw an average of 781 punches in the first four fights, 528 in the latter four. And, for the record, his connection rate declined slightly.
                    While this is good, it's irrelevant. Margarito was a punching bag, Mosley went tentative after the first KD, and Marquez and Bradley (in the first fight) were both clumsy and making mistakes that opened up opportunities. I find it interesting that you call out punches THROWN but not punches landed; so why didn't you call out the Clottey fight where Manny threw everything he had?

Because if we go by landed, you have to look at Lucas (shot), Bradley 3, Marquez 3 and Algieri. Of that list only one wasn't a clear win - Marquez 3.

Nope...I think what we need to do is analyze what I've said all along. What type of fighters does Manny look good against? Stationary ones. Bradley moved in fight 2 (where he almost won) but tried to trade in fight 3 (where he clearly lost) because of the Rios KO, which was a mistake. And even then Manny still only won 8 rounds; it wasn't a blowout.

Broner - 8 rounds. Not a blowout.
                    Vargas - 8 rounds. Not a blowout.
                    Bradley 3 - 8 rounds. Not a blowout.

Yet LOST a minimum of 8 rounds against Floyd, up to 10 rounds depending on how you scored it. Why the difference? Floyd only really got caught in two rounds, the two where he stayed still. He swept every round he was on the move.

He lost 7 rounds against Horn. Why? Because Horn would move the moment Manny started a combo and cause Manny to miss shots, then get rough on the inside which Manny doesn't seem to like very much.

Keith Thurman tends to switch between moving and standing.

My prediction is what it's always been: I think Keith outboxes Manny worse than Floyd did, because Floyd didn't have much of a height advantage like Thurman does, wasn't as young as Thurman is and damn sure didn't have anything to prove. Thurman's got something to prove, and that's what it comes down to: does he want to prove (like Horn did) or does he want to cash out (like Broner did)?

Comment

By all accounts Thurman should win this fight comfortably, but there is that chance he's not as good as we think or Pacquiao isn't done yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X