Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: Canelo Will Avoid Me, Will GGG Refuse Me Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    I actually think Rolls is a solid fighter...2nd or 3rd tier guy at MW though...and as I have always said, it wasn't the fight we all wanted to see with GGG at MW...but I could see it making sense as a stay busy/tune up fight if he was due to fight again in a few months after.

My only point was that Rolls was mentioned by many who critique GGG as a number 100 or so guy...and according the organization rankings he was in the top 15 in 2 and top 10 in one of those...criticism of that fight/any fighter is fair, but was just correcting the record a bit as far as where Rolls is actually situated.

Not really hyping up that fight...Rolls is solid imo but at 36-37 GGG should be going a little harder in his last few fights...though to be fair to GGG a lot people who don't like him don't give him much credit for anything at all that he's done...and when I look at his career I think he's done some really great things...as an example - if GGG KOed Andrade or Charlo people would just say they suck and wouldn't give him any real credit for those...they would say he should have fought the other one lol.

So yeah I hope GGG gets paid at the end of his career but I would also like to see him in against Callum Smith/Canelo and maybe a few others...but I don't think a lot of those on here who critique him are very objective imo...so if he goes about just trying to please them, I think that's a fool's errand personally...just my 2 cents
    The ABC rankings are manipulated all the time. We have seen it far too often. Rolls should have never been in the ring with a top level guy. Especially when champs like Andrade and Charlo are told they have to earn their shots at GGG or Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      The ABC rankings are manipulated all the time. We have seen it far too often. Rolls should have never been in the ring with a top level guy. Especially when champs like Andrade and Charlo are told they have to earn their shots at GGG or Alvarez.
      Yeah it's all a game really...Rolls wasn't bad imo but he wasn't really the fight anyone wanted either...hope to see some good fights with all those guys at 160-168 soon

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Middleweight contender Sergiy Derevyanchenko does not expect to face Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in a championship fight. The IBF recently ordered Canelo to make a mandatory defense against Derevyanchenko.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Honest Question, if Canelo,GGG etc are getting fat multi fight contracts from outfits like DAZN (since that looks like where the trend is moving) do belts even matter at this point ?

I mean seriously. Who gives two ****s about a belt if the money isn't their?

They need to make it one belt one championship again because all these ABC orgs mean squat nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          IBF called an eliminator between him and Culcay. I'm surprised Derevyanchenko was that high in the rankings at the time.
          I reckon his team definitely have an inside man at the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            I reckon his team definitely have an inside man at the IBF.
            Of the sanctioning bodies, it's the IBF that doesn't seem to be dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Of the sanctioning bodies, it's the IBF that doesn't seem to be dirty
              I've always thought the same, especially because of their willingness to strip champs who don't fulfill mandatory obligations. I like their check-weight policy as well; it helps to prevent dangerous levels of dehydration and weight mismatches on fight night.
              I only wonder how they can make the same fighter the mandatory challenger twice in a row when he lost his previous shot. surely they should have named at least one either fighter as mandatory challenger in-between?

Comment

Working...
              X