Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara Eyes Revenge: The Ramon Alvarez Fight is Personal For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara Eyes Revenge: The Ramon Alvarez Fight is Personal For Me

Former world champion Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara looks to get one step closer to returning to the world championship ranks when he battles Ramon Alvarez in a 12-round bout for the Interim WBA Super Welterweight title in the primetime main event of FOX PBC Fight Night on FOX and FOX Deportes Saturday, August 31 from The Armory in Minneapolis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to Fundora vs. Clark! Should be a good test for Fundora! Seems PBC wants to fast track Fundora! I think they should do the same for Ajagba, Stanionis, and Colbert!

Comment

This man just got his ass beat by Bam Bam Rios who is a blown up Lightweight. Smokin some good Crack thinkin he has a chance to beat Lara

Comment

I used to like Lara, but a dumbass still with Haymon in that he wasn't allowed a rematch clause with Hurd, with Haymon preserving Hurd for more PBC sales with Welborn thereafter... and then Haymon does another PBC Draw with Castano as to not further Lara's position for another title shot...

and so, I can see why Lara wants ''revenge.''

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          This man just got his ass beat by Bam Bam Rios who is a blown up Lightweight. Smokin some good Crack thinkin he has a chance to beat Lara
          Brandon Rios and Mile High were disgusting Top Rank products draining 25lbs+ to make fights. That's part of the reason why I don't like Robert Garcia, but hey, that was the best Robert could do since he didnt navigate Victor Ortiz whom had better shares to Robert's brother.

Rios' physique, heaviest walked around trained at 175lbs at the Robert Garcia gym only to trim down to 160lbs in camp and drain to make 147lbs. Just a very undisciplined fighter. He will have punch drunk syndrome rather nasty in the future, and not minding getting hit is a tragedy since talking to your children when they're grown up is important...

The Rios vs Alvarez fight was really good. Many swing rounds. Action packed slug fest. Alvarez made Rios miss a lot at the ropes, but Rios' relentless attack going the later rounds opened up mistakes in which Ramon should've been more careful. People make it seem like Rios outclassed Ramon but that wasn't the case. It was one of those Linares vs Demarco type of bout but without all the blood.

Rios vs Soto was even worse, two fatso physique guys at 165lbs hydrated going at it from the 147lb weigh in..

As we saw when Soto attempting that same physique and camp against a more elite fighter in Vargas... well.. lets just say... actually I hope Rios continues fighting fuggit.

I see Lara doing a masterclass on Ramon Alvarez, BUT, if Ramon goes for broke and watches the Angulo bout.. you never know. When was the last time Lara fought a Mexican?

Comment

Beating Ramon Alvarez holds the same amount of weight as beating Bobby Pacquiao or Jose Cotto. They are merely known as the brothers of top boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Beating Ramon Alvarez holds the same amount of weight as beating Bobby Pacquiao or Jose Cotto. They are merely known as the brothers of top boxers.
              Excuse you. Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the testicles by the Sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
                Brandon Rios and Mile High were disgusting Top Rank products draining 25lbs+ to make fights. That's part of the reason why I don't like Robert Garcia, but hey, that was the best Robert could do since he didnt navigate Victor Ortiz whom had better shares to Robert's brother.

Rios' physique, heaviest walked around trained at 175lbs at the Robert Garcia gym only to trim down to 160lbs in camp and drain to make 147lbs. Just a very undisciplined fighter. He will have punch drunk syndrome rather nasty in the future, and not minding getting hit is a tragedy since talking to your children when they're grown up is important...

The Rios vs Alvarez fight was really good. Many swing rounds. Action packed slug fest. Alvarez made Rios miss a lot at the ropes, but Rios' relentless attack going the later rounds opened up mistakes in which Ramon should've been more careful. People make it seem like Rios outclassed Ramon but that wasn't the case. It was one of those Linares vs Demarco type of bout but without all the blood.

Rios vs Soto was even worse, two fatso physique guys at 165lbs hydrated going at it from the 147lb weigh in..

As we saw when Soto attempting that same physique and camp against a more elite fighter in Vargas... well.. lets just say... actually I hope Rios continues fighting fuggit.

I see Lara doing a masterclass on Ramon Alvarez, BUT, if Ramon goes for broke and watches the Angulo bout.. you never know. When was the last time Lara fought a Mexican?
                Alvarez has no shot.

Comment

Next Lara is going to fight a friend of a cousin of a guy that knows Canelo's barber.

Comment

Originally posted by jab jab boom View Post
                    beating ramon alvarez holds the same amount of weight as beating bobby pacquiao or jose cotto. They are merely known as the brothers of top boxers.
                    Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    next lara is going to fight a friend of a cousin of a guy that knows canelo's barber.
                    —————————😂

Comment

Working...
                    X