No announcement yet.

Where's Eddie Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Generally yeah...he does most of his work fight week. I'm sure it will do well on box office/gate. The fact that Hearn has got Whyte to this point is pretty amazing tbh, they both deserve credit for how he's been marketed.

Some people just like moaning for the sake of it.
    Hearn usually jump from camera to camera way before fight week. But it's unusual for him to stay quiet, especially since his arch rival, Warren, is getting all the attention this week.

Also, the Thurman vs Pacman fight is on ITV PPV on the same night as Rivas vs Whyte, for £12.99. A lot of people might opt for that. So he should be out there promoting the fight since the tickets aren't selling.

Hearn got Dillian Whyte to where he's on the Josh's back and Dillian Whyte did the hard work in the ring. Once Dillian Whyte gets beat up by a faster, younger, hungrier and technically better Rivas next week - I hope he'll get Dillian back to where he's meant to be.

The scumbag stay matching his fighters with terrible difficult fights they won't gain anything from. Why's Dillian fighting Rivas for fu.kk sake since WBC are yet to approve it as the final eliminator? I hope Dillian fakes an injury and pull out of the fight. It's not worth it. He's better off fighting Luis Ortiz than Rivas.

Comment

BangEM and the rest of the AJ casuals worshiped Eddie Hearn like a god until his boyfriend got beaten up and exposed. Now he's suddenly the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        BangEM and the rest of the AJ casuals worshiped Eddie Hearn like a god until his boyfriend got beaten up and exposed. Now he's suddenly the enemy.
        I've never rated him. And I've always said he's a greedy spoilt brat who knows nothing about boxing after he let Brook get his eyes smashed in by GGG. That's a fight you never make, the weight difference was just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          I've never rated him. And I've always said he's a greedy spoilt brat who knows nothing about boxing after he let Brook get his eyes smashed in by GGG. That's a fight you never make, the weight difference was just too much.

Comment

Matchroom's biggest fight night in the UK and Skysports first boxing UK PPV fight in 2019 is next week and I've not seen Eddie Hearn. Where is he? The usual Hearn is always up on the cameras: laughing, and waffling. The fight is also doing badly when it comes to ticket sales apparently. That's a loaded card that ought to have sold out by now.

It just shows how inexperience and being a jackass could lead to one's downfall. Once Dillian Whyte's gets embarrassed next week, I doubt Matchroom will recover in the UK. Why match Dillian who struggled to beat Chisora against a shorter, younger, faster and more technical Chisora...especially when there's nothing at stake and the guy is unknown?

I've been watching Rivas lately and it's a very tough fight for Dillian. It looks like an upset waiting to happen. Dillian should've been matched against a slower/taller guy, since there's nothing at stake and Rivas isn't a ticket seller. Matchroom just dug itself into another hole like it did with Ruiz vs Joshua.

And once Dillian Whyte gets beaten, who's going to sell Matchroom's PPV fights on Sky? Dave Allen, Chisora and Pricey? - these three bums should be thrown in the bin.
            So you rather watch mismatches instead of close competitive fights where either fighter can win??
            Yeah you really are an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Specifically he's in Italy, theres a card on Sky tonight. Can tune in at 8pm tonight if people miss him that much, lol
              Exactly, not sure why anyone is bothered by a promoters presence/absence. Like someone else pointed out, if he talks then he gets criticised for that too.

Comment

First off does anyone have proof he's not done an interview with some hack YT mfer? Eddie loves hearing himself talk more than he likes promoting so Idk that I buy he's been quiet for longer than 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Exactly, not sure why anyone is bothered by a promoters presence/absence. Like someone else pointed out, if he talks then he gets criticised for that too.
                  That's his job and what he gets paid to do!

The fight isn't doing well in ticket sales and Pacman vs Thurman is now on ITV PPV on the same night (cheaper). So he should be out there promoting the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    So you rather watch mismatches instead of close competitive fights where either fighter can win??
                    Yeah you really are an idiot!
                    You're a fool. If the rest are fighting cans and no one has a problem with it, you have to protect your boxers as well. Simple.

Dillian has a lot to lose and nothing to gain from the fight. And it's a terrible style match-up for him. He's at a stage where he shouldn't be taking that type of risk, with a title shot in sight.

Comment

Hearn usually jump from camera to camera way before fight week. But it's unusual for him to stay quiet, especially since his arch rival, Warren, is getting all the attention this week.

Also, the Thurman vs Pacman fight is on ITV PPV on the same night as Rivas vs Whyte, for £12.99. A lot of people might opt for that. So he should be out there promoting the fight since the tickets aren't selling.

Hearn got Dillian Whyte to where he's on the Josh's back and Dillian Whyte did the hard work in the ring. Once Dillian Whyte gets beat up by a faster, younger, hungrier and technically better Rivas next week - I hope he'll get Dillian back to where he's meant to be.

The scumbag stay matching his fighters with terrible difficult fights they won't gain anything from. Why's Dillian fighting Rivas for fu.kk sake since WBC are yet to approve it as the final eliminator? I hope Dillian fakes an injury and pull out of the fight. It's not worth it. He's better off fighting Luis Ortiz than Rivas.
                      Well I'm sure if people request interviews, he gives it. I don't really see where your coming from, you're a bit all over the place. There is plenty of time to promote that fight, and lots of sport on TV at the moment, as I said i'm sure it will be kick off next week and Sky will start with their countdown shows, and you'll see plenty of Hearn. It doesn't need a Joshua style build up.

Whether Whyte has built his profile on the back of Joshua or not, he is probably one of the best 10 paid fighters in world boxing, pretty amazing considering he isn't a world champion or hasn't fought for a world title.

Whyte-Rivas is a good fight, Rivas is dangerous. I'm not sure I completely agree with your analysis though, you keep making the Chisora comparison, but its always dangerous to compare styles even if they are similar, there are a lot of different nuances to both Chisora and Rivas. Also Chisora is highly experienced, there are some things we don't yet know about Rivas based on his lack of experience.

You have to factor in that the training team and the fighter himself approves the opponent...and there is a balance between progressing a fighters career and profile. They still have an objective to make Whyte the best fighter possible, and you can't do that if you put him in only easy fights, Whyte is backing himself, if he wins, and when he does go against one of the big guns again he won't be unprepared.

Its a great fight...i'm not sure why you're complaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X