Golden Boy makes Kovalev an "extremely low" offer for September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Yeah like Ward did right... or Ward was not american? xDD
    Ward was fighting Kovelev. If Ward was fighting a top P4P mexican how'd you think that fight would do in the US? The two biggest nationalities in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Jarrell Miller was going to make around $5 million to fight Joshua.

How much does Main Events think Kovalev is worth?
      I'd say Kovalev is a way bigger name than Miller and Canelo a bigger name than AJ..so

Comment

I know Kathy is having a bit of a tough time with NO Network Deal but did they expect Big Baby Money or More? That is not happening, not for Kolvalev at this stage of his career

Comment

Mexicans vs Americans sell in the US. Ya'll should know this by now.

Comment

Kovalev fought ward for no money btw in the rematch. He ain't greedy

Comment

HBO kicked Andrade off their network after his fight with Alantez Fox. All of his exposure has been on DAZN.

Kovalev has been one of the biggest names in the sport for the last five years.

The idea that Canelo-Andrade would be a bigger draw than Canelo-Kovalev is laughable.

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Andrade would do better than Kovalev, there's actually a nationality thing in play there.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                As long as they pay him 5M+ he should fight him. I care more about the weight.
                it should be close to that since they are using jarred miller as an example... otherwise they will be using even lower examples for an "extremely low offer "...

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  HBO kicked Andrade off their network after his fight with Alantez Fox. All of his exposure has been on DAZN.

Kovalev has been one of the biggest names in the sport for the last five years.

The idea that Canelo-Andrade would be a bigger draw than Canelo-Kovalev is laughable.
                  What's laughable is you saying Kovalev has been one of the biggest names in the sport. He can't draw ****, neither can Andrade, but has i said they have the Mexican-American angle to play which always helps in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    If Kovalev makes more money than was originally offered, I’m sure you’ll be back to point out that Kovalev’s promoters know what they’re doing and you don’t.
                    If Canelo moves on to another opponent like any of the dozen fighters all begging for that career payday and Kovalev is stuck fighting who? NOBODY that will ever pay him even half what Canelo just offered him. What will you be saying then? Canelo fighting anyone is the biggest fight of the year. Kovalev needed to fight the number 1 P4P fighter in the world (Ward) and that was when Kovalev was at his peak popularity and the fight had PPV money included all those factors and he still only made 2M. Canelo offering him more then that and more then anyone else can pay him is pricing yourself out the fight plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      What was Kovalev making for the Ward fights? I don't think it was very much.
                      I believe 2nd fight he fought Ward for free or almost for no money. Something was f'ed up with the money for Kov. But he fought him anyway

If he declines it's prob because it ain't enough money to drain himself and cash out

Comment

Working...
                      X