Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrade is not a high level technician.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrade is not a high level technician.

A lot of people get confused when watching a guy like Andrade. If you watch him carefully he’s not technically gifted (just look at how he throws the left hand) but instead very athletically gifted, this is what allows him to control the fight off the back foot. He has great hand and foot speed, and his length, reflexes and control of distance make him incredibly difficult to beat.

Andrade actually reminds me a lot of James DeGale. They both have/had an unorthodox yet effective style that people mistake as high level technique.

He's unorthodox and relies on his athleticism more than anything. One difference between him and Degale is that Andrade won't get caught up in unnecessary exchanges. He is perfectly fine boxing his way to a safe decision unlike Degale.

He's a hard guy to win rounds off and is a problem for any MW. His performances won't be out of this world or anything, but you can pretty much write him down for an easy 12-0 or 10-2 type of decision every fight.

A guy like Sulecki isn't a bum or anything, but he's also not close to Andrade's level. Andrade needs to fight another top MW to get out of gear 1. If he can't get GGG, I want to see him in with Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      He's unorthodox and relies on his athleticism more than anything. One difference between him and Degale is that Andrade won't get caught up in unnecessary exchanges. He is perfectly fine boxing his way to a safe decision unlike Degale.

He's a hard guy to win rounds off and is a problem for any MW. His performances won't be out of this world or anything, but you can pretty much write him down for an easy 12-0 or 10-2 type of decision every fight.

A guy like Sulecki isn't a bum or anything, but he's also not close to Andrade's level. Andrade needs to fight another top MW to get out of gear 1. If he can't get GGG, I want to see him in with Charlo.
      Agreed his defence is far better than DeGale’s. DeGale was very flat footed, whilst Andrade is much more fleet footed.

He’s a tough style matchup for anyone. To beat him, you need to have exceptional timing IMO. I really wish BJS didn’t pop for PED’s. That would’ve been a very interesting fight.

Comment

Well said.....

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Agreed his defence is far better than DeGale’s. DeGale was very flat footed, whilst Andrade is much more fleet footed.

He’s a tough style matchup for anyone. To beat him, you need to have exceptional timing IMO. I really wish BJS didn’t pop for PED’s. That would’ve been a very interesting fight.
          Would have been interesting for sure. I think Andrade would have been a bit more active and stolen some tight rounds to a decision win but can't say for sure what would have happen.

Degale's defense was super leaky for a guy who tried to fight in a slick yet aggressive style. And he would always slow down in the later rounds after building up a big early lead. The punishment he took against Jack in the later rounds was pretty vicious.

Back to Andrade, he really does need to get a big fight soon. If Canelo and GGG move up though, then what? Is he big enough to move up to SMW as well? What will there be for him at MW?

Comment

Would have been interesting for sure. I think Andrade would have been a bit more active and stolen some tight rounds to a decision win but can't say for sure what would have happen.

Degale's defense was super leaky for a guy who tried to fight in a slick yet aggressive style. And he would always slow down in the later rounds after building up a big early lead. The punishment he took against Jack in the later rounds was pretty vicious.

Back to Andrade, he really does need to get a big fight soon. If Canelo and GGG move up though, then what? Is he big enough to move up to SMW as well? What will there be for him at MW?
            In the build up I was leaning towards Andrade but BJS is one of those guys who always proves me wrong when I bet against him.

He’ll surely fight one or the other within 12 months. Even after if he doesn’t get them next, he’s surely next in line.

Comment

In the build up I was leaning towards Andrade but BJS is one of those guys who always proves me wrong when I bet against him.

He’ll surely fight one or the other within 12 months. Even after if he doesn’t get them next, he’s surely next in line.
              But are we SURE? Say Canelo fights Kovalev at LHW and then win, lose or draw he comes down....But comes down to SMW and not MW to face GGG in May, then what does Andrade do? Will he make the jump to SMW? Because I'm not convinced he gets GGG or Canelo anytime soon. His best bet is to get GGG next while Canelo faces Kovalev in September. If he doesn't get GGG next? Then I question if he will ever get him to be honest. Is GGG really going to want to face him when he's 38 years old?

Comment

But are we SURE? Say Canelo fights Kovalev at LHW and then win, lose or draw he comes down....But comes down to SMW and not MW to face GGG in May, then what does Andrade do? Will he make the jump to SMW? Because I'm not convinced he gets GGG or Canelo anytime soon. His best bet is to get GGG next while Canelo faces Kovalev in September. If he doesn't get GGG next? Then I question if he will ever get him to be honest. Is GGG really going to want to face him when he's 38 years old?
                I think if Canelo fights Kovalev then Andrade will likely get the GGG fight. If Canelo fights GGG I think he likely faces the winner or even the loser at some point next year.

DAZN really need more options, if Munguia continues to struggle at 154 he could possibly be an option for Andrade at 160.

Comment

I think if Canelo fights Kovalev then Andrade will likely get the GGG fight. If Canelo fights GGG I think he likely faces the winner or even the loser at some point next year.

DAZN really need more options, if Munguia continues to struggle at 154 he could possibly be an option for Andrade at 160.
                  Munguia certainly looks like an option for either GGG or Andrade next. But can you imagine how silly Andrade makes Munguia look?

Time to make that Charlo fight. Highest bidder gets that fight on their plat form.

Comment

He is a high level technician. He has a great active guard, feints well, knows how to control the distance and hide his punches behind weight transfers. Andrade is able to ask his opponents questions with these abilities and use his iq to set his punches up and to anticipate his opponents punches. That is what a high level technician can do. He is not text book when it comes to punch technique, but that doesn't make him not a high level technician.

Comment

Working...
                    X