Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Thurman Event To Now Carry True Random Drug Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I don't know who's done that or not done that. I'm merely saying if you are agreeing to PED testing for a specific fight thats how you wanna do it.

You definitely don't wanna announce a fight in what April or May & then decide to do PED testing on June 26 for your July 21(?) fight. Thats f#cking ******ed & give both fighters 2 to 3 months to cheat.
    i dont know about thurman but per report, pac is signed up to be tested 24/7, 365. and manny is a per time boxer. i dont think cheating is on the top of pac's "to-do" list brah. come on man. you seem like a solid poster but now you coming up with all this accusation stuff as if thurman or manny was ever a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      you understand that manny has always been training in the philipines for the first half of training then he comes to the US to finish off camp right?
      I got no clue what that has to do with anything. You know they do PED testing everywhere right? You can outsource that sh^t. They do it 24/7/365.

the other guy that you quoted said he's sure nobody is going to go to the philipines to test manny and you agreed with him.
      That guy was suggesting cheating with Filipino Olympic style testing. That was a secondary comment with the main comment I was agreeing with which was him saying that Manny would have completed his cycle if he was cheating. The same could be said of Thurman.

that's a load of crap bruh. it's kinda embarrassing to see this coming from you.
      Its embarrassing you think 3 weeks of testing means anything. A mfer who was cheating HAS ALREADY cheating ~90%+ of the time probably.

I had less problem with no testing than 3 week testing as odd as that might sound to some cuz 3 weeks of testing is a public relations move cuz they got a lot of negative opinions when all this no OST stuff came out. Either way at no testing or 3 weeks of testing no one is popping dirty. Or the odds of it are tiny tiny tiny.

Comment

smh!! there was always drug testing in place. just not vada! you think all this time, there was no testing being done at all?
        There is testing by these various groups that COULD be going on or COULD not be going on. There is an argument that CAN have meaning if it happened in the less several weeks, but it easily could be that neither guy has been tested. I know these WBC & WBA "OST" plans are very soft on doing tests in the first place.

If there are testing a guy once or twice a year they aren't doing sh^t. For example in 2018 the UFC had 674 athletes being tested & they got tested a total of 2,888 times. That means every fighter was tested 4.2 times on average. To translate that to the WBC CBP there are at least 170 WBC ranked guys who should be getting tested yearly. Probably much more than that with rating changes over the year. So there needs to be at least 714+ tests given to be keeping up to par with what the UFC is doing. And I've heard numerous fighters say they haven't been tested at all yet + I've heard of more guys missing tests in boxing with less guys being tested than in the UFC.

So maybe that could be helpful, but for a specific fight you still wanna have testing from the go point you don't wanna decide once you are in the red zone you wanna do testing finally. Thats weak sh^t & its clearly a PR move by the organizers of the fight to downplay some of the negative fan opinions they got when this news came out.

Comment

i dont know about thurman but per report, pac is signed up to be tested 24/7, 365. and manny is a per time boxer. i dont think cheating is on the top of pac's "to-do" list brah. come on man. you seem like a solid poster but now you coming up with all this accusation stuff as if thurman or manny was ever a cheater.
          I'm not saying either guy IS cheating. I'm saying either guy coulda cheated.

And let me say this one more time.

The OST testing the WBC & WBA are doing through these PED testing groups is infrequent & ineffective. It could be that both guys got tested between the fight being announced & today. But it could easily be that neither guy was tested between the fight being announced & today cuz these guys aren't testing like the UFC or others do there OST testing. And I think the latter is the better better bet.

This whole WBC & WBA thing sound good, but from all I've heard are limp **** strategies to legit impact cheating.

OST testing for a fight is much more serious & insures both guys are testing randomly & much more often.

Comment

Testing or no testing, boxers should not be blamed, their job is to fight each other. It’s the boxing commission’s responsibility to do the drug testing. If they really want to clean up boxing, they should make drug testing mandatory for every single boxer without any exception and should not let them fight until they do so. Otherwise, don’t complain about any boxer not taking the test if it’s not mandatory. A boxer’s job is to fight, a promoter’s job is to promote the fight and drug commission’s job is to do drug testing.
            Last edited by Bluebird; 06-27-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

It makes no sense to start drug testing this far out in a fight. All the PED's will be all out of your systems. One of these guys are cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post
                It is funny. Boxing superstars like Tyson Fury and Canelo Alvarez has tested positive for banned substances in the past and yet nobody brings it up here.
                Huh? Some people still Canelo Clenelo ffs. People bring it up still trust me.

Granted most people don't care about anyone using PEDs or care about it a hell of a lot less 30 to 90 days after a guy is popped. But there are definitely PED hardcores who live & die with PED sh^t.

Comment

I wish that all championship fights will also do the Pac_thurman type of testing to ensure that the fighters are clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    If they're both doing it against each other is really cheating? If they're both given the same opportunity to cheat against each other then who cares? If neither of them is demanding testing & they're the ones putting their lives at risk, then why should YOU care / complain?

This is all speculation anyways. We don't know that either guy is doing anything. People love to assume that when there isnt testing the guys are without a doubt using peds.

As for Manny until he pops dirty he's a clean fighter. There's no other fighter that gets this much heat when it comes to testing. Spence, Bud, Canelo, Floyd, GGG, you name em, were not tested for every single fight they've been in. So by your logic they must have been juicing for those fights right?

Back when the Floyd fight was first gonna be made he didn't reject testing all together he rejected Floyd being in control of when he was tested in fear that Floyd would try to have him tested days out from the fight in an attempt to weaken him. & Said he'd take a test immediately after the fight to prove he was clean. People love to twist that situation around to suit thier agenda.

Lest we forget Floyd did have to pay Manny for defamation since he was spewing all that BS with no proof.
                    EXACTLY , Manny was all game until Floyd tried running the testing game instead of letting the boxing commission do their job

Comment

• Pacquaio just got tested by VADA under the 24/7 365/year Clean Boxing Program which Manny voluntarily agreed to sign up for for the 4th time a few days ago and again tested negative.

The WBA also announced that they are going to test both Pac and Thurman using VADA random drug rules using a different agency.

Pacquiao will be double tested before the Thurman fight and has been randomly tested for nearly a decade and has always tested negative.

Unlike half of the top 10 ranked heavyweights today including Tyson Fury who all tested positive for banned substances and boxing current darling Canelo Alvarez, Manny has always tested negative in all the tests he has taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X