Canelo vs Kova for September heavy rumours

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Kovalev is in a good shape

He is old but he did a great performance vs Álvarez last fight and fought well and thrown good amount of punches

It would be an amazing fight of two fighters with crazy skills
    No doubt. Like I say, at 36 Kovalev may not be at his absolute peak but he's still one of the very best at 175... hell of a challenge and big props to Canelo if he seeks this one out... one thing he can't be accused of is taking the easy path.

Comment

Sergey Kovalev has been wanting this fight for THREE YEARS! (not really)...

April 2016 - At about 2:10
      Reporter asks about the potential GGG vs Canelo matchup

Kovalev - "I understand why Canelo not getting up [not moving up to fight GGG], you know. Everybody understand. Who is not stupid? Everybody understand. Just making us wait, wait, wait. How long we wait for Pacquiao-Mayweather, 7 years? And they got good money, perfect money, they got. Right now just speaking, speaking, speaking, and when will happen it's going to be big and mega fight.

Reporter - "GGG will be 39 years old in 7 years, right?"

Kovalev - "And why not? If you're going to get $300 millions, why not?! I'm ready to fight for this money even when I'm going to be 40."

Why not, indeed.

Last edited by USMCer; 06-25-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Idk why some of guys really think Canelo beats Kovalev lol he is not Ward. Kovalev past his best but cmon Canelo will beaten black blue and probably stopped this isnt Ggg Kovalev is a even more vicious puncher.
        If this happends Canelo only hope is to weight drain The Krusher.

Comment

Despite the avenging L last time out I think Kov is washed so this seems like a 4th title grab more than a legit fight. Not hyped for this one if it gets made, but I get it. A 4th title is huge even if its vs a washed guy at a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
            Thoughts?

Would love it.
            Props to canelo even if he gets knocked the fawk out.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
              He lost 2 fights agains Golovkin as far as I recall.
              He won the rematch, only in your wet dreams that happened

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Despite the avenging L last time out I think Kov is washed so this seems like a 4th title grab more than a legit fight. Not hyped for this one if it gets made, but I get it. A 4th title is huge even if its vs a washed guy at a catchweight.
                Kovalev looked great vs Álvarez in rematch and is top-3, of his division

Its a great fight

Comment

Yeah, i know but Kovalev is bigger and knows how to fight

I think canelo can k.o him

Kovalev never fought with a guy with the skills, defense and body shots of canelo
                  LOL, Kovalev has just as much skill and experience as Canelo, if not more, especially after two fights with Ward who fought dirty.

Comment

Rigo was 36 when he destroyed Donaire
                    http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/492989

He was 32 years old you liar mexican. Take some more red.

Comment

Real interesting, as long as there's no catchweight or rehydration clause.

Comment

Working...
                      X